• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Home Insurance Excess?

Spursman

Neil Sullivan
I live in a massionette, im on the ground floor.

Neighbour had a leak from her washing machine a couple of years ago and i had to pay £100 excess. Apparently Tesco insurance said i couldn't claim that back even tho it wasn't my fault. I didn't bother asking my neighbour for the money so just paid it myself.

A year later her boiler starts leaking and the same thing happens in the same area of my kitchen. I told her i think you have a leak and i told her to fix it so i can just paint over the damage to my ceiling and wall. She didn't sort it out and it was to far gone so had to put in another claim.

They had to have the plaster taken off the wall. Had a fan and dehumidifier in the middle of the kitchen to dry it out. Took 6 weeks before it was dry enough to re do. The first time it happened i went through all of the above to!

So this time i have to pay £150 excess. Again Tesco said they cant claim it back and i had to pay.

So i told my neighbour that she has to give me the money back as it was her fault and i told her to fix it before it got worse.. She offers me £50! basically told her to fudge off and rethink her offer. In the meantime im trying to deal with Tesco legal department but they are useless.

I thought home insurance was the same as car, if you aren't liable the insurance should pay the excess.

Any ideas?

Can I recommend you communicate with this woman in a more appropriate manner in future:

a2307726091264724581.jpg

i would love to! she deserves this!

she would get me back by stomping about upstairs tho.. very annoying as she is a BIG woman.

Claim your excess back from here using the legal advice service you get with your home insurance.

Then toe punt her in the gash.

Back