• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hate this feeling

i've just woken up today and the only thing that's on my mind is yesterday. I know for a fact i'm not going to be able to get a lot done at work despite having brick loads to do. This is also not helped by the fact that most of my colleagues are Gooner scum supporters (i'm the only spurs fan). i just hate when i literally spend days and days dwelling on what could have been had this happened, or had that happened. Nothing can beat the sadness and dissapointment i felt after the 05/06 season but it's still pretty depressing. This week is going to be torture.

Im glad Ive got a really busy week at work so wont have too much time to think about it or come on here during the day

I stayed up until 3am to watch it unfold. Mondays are bad enough but combined with the football and me returning from holiday means this is a fcuking nightmare of a day. At least the Bali belly has passed and I'm bricking normally again.

i've just woken up today and the only thing that's on my mind is yesterday. I know for a fact i'm not going to be able to get a lot done at work despite having brick loads to do. This is also not helped by the fact that most of my colleagues are Gooner scum supporters (i'm the only spurs fan). i just hate when i literally spend days and days dwelling on what could have been had this happened, or had that happened. Nothing can beat the sadness and dissapointment i felt after the 05/06 season but it's still pretty depressing. This week is going to be torture.

Understood and I'm sure many of us feel like that.
BTW I apologize for my comments post-match, frustration finds its magnets I suppose...try to take pride in the points total, the knowledge we are going forwards and the fact that its gone now. To let it hurt us for too much longer will be h biggest defeat. Trust me, I'll be fighting hard to get over it, but life will ensure it happens...good luck with the week, an before you know it, the announcement that Bale is staying and incoming innings will have us begging for August! As Monty Python say, etc, etc...COYS

It's fudging stupid, I'm in my 30s and I still feel like this. I thought I was supposed to have grown up by now?!

Nothing could really be much worse than last season. But it feels like this has just added to it

Console yourself with the fact that they're all fat, ginger bitches. The opinion of anyone ****y enough to support arsenal is worthless (see Piers Morgan for reference).

and it's started. First 2 comments since walking into work..

"so what happened yesterday then hahahha" and "Where's Bale going now then?"

:(

I'm really optimisic about our direction and the summer ahead.

12 months ago felt like the end of the world. Today feels like the start of great things.

that's really funny of you to say OP because i've just woken up today and the only thing that's on my mind is yesterday. I know for a fact i'm not going to be able to get a lot done at work despite having brick loads to do. This is also not helped by the fact that most of my colleagues are Gooner scum supporters (i'm the only spurs fan). i just hate when i literally spend days and days dwelling on what could have been had this happened, or had that happened. Nothing can beat the sadness and dissapointment i felt after the 05/06 season but it's still pretty depressing. This week is going to be torture.

I am taking genuine solace in the fact that next season Arsenal will probably be the Arsenal of the last few years again. No chance of the title, no chance of winning the CL but with the competition taking up an inordinate amount of effort. Dreaming of the title, hoping for 2nd, aiming for 3rd but in reality fighting for 4th.

If they had missed out this season it might have been a huge catalyst for (necessary) change.

Hearing a lot of funny comments from Arsenal fans about how quality wins in the end and how they never doubted get CL football (Wenger himself) but if they are honest they came within 1 kick of a ball to failing. We are far closer now than we have ever been and with Sandro, Townsand, Rose and Kaboul all coming back to the squad before we have signed anyone we will already have improved. We have seen the rise of Bale to superstar levels and got some really top class players in this year and now settled in. I think the future is really bright now so I have more hope today than disappointment.

I am taking genuine solace in the fact that next season Arsenal will probably be the Arsenal of the last few years again. No chance of the title, no chance of winning the CL but with the competition taking up an inordinate amount of effort. Dreaming of the title, hoping for 2nd, aiming for 3rd but in reality fighting for 4th.

If they had missed out this season it might have been a huge catalyst for (necessary) change.

I hadn't really thought of it like that, but good point.

It papers over their cracks a little bit longer and keeps them on their downward trajectory.

I deactivated my FB account as could not bear to see comments from Goons or any other mates. Going to be taking a break from footy now (funny that being the end of the season) but not going to think about anything football related for a long time.

I deactivated my FB account as could not bear to see comments from Goons or any other mates. Going to be taking a break from footy now (funny that being the end of the season) but not going to think about anything football related for a long time.

nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

gl with that, football is life.

I am in a really bricky mood atm after yesterday, really really really bricky mood. Actually have a headache whist thinking about it.

Began supporting Spurs in June 1995, a month after we last finished above them ](*,) #Jinx #Curse

After the game whilst my brother tried to be supportive I literally flew off the handle, wasn't angry at him or anything I just finally after all this years reached my limit with this flimflam, even after the whole flimflam last year I was numb but in the end positive but yesterday witnessed the whole street hearing me shout

"EVERY fudging YEAR THEY FINISH ABOVE US!!! I AM fudging FED UP OF THIS fudging brick, EVERY YEAR, EVERY fudging YEAR!!!!!"

After the misunderstanding (we argued because he thought I was taking it out on him) I went for a walk that lasted three hours.

What's worse is that I am unemployed, so I can now spend GHod knows how many hours unnecessarily brooding over this.

Just want to avoid anything football related atm.

and it's started. First 2 comments since walking into work..

"so what happened yesterday then hahahha" and "Where's Bale going now then?"

:(

I've got all my colleagues telling me Bale has just offloaded from the Miami flight and transferred onto a manchester flight as he has urgent business. :rolleyes:

Just reading all the threads here analysing each game, where we went wrong etc it just shows the small margins and why football is so great sometimes. A last minute wonder strike from a Saudi Sportswashing Machine player and we are on here celebrating a wonderful season, Arsenal are in meltdown, theres questions of Wengers future and a new lets laugh at Arsenal thread is officially opened.

Reminds me of that Watford game last week how your whole season can succeed or fail on one moment. Its hard to say if its luck or quality.

I feel your pain, KD.

Try this:

"Oh well, it would have been better for the country and the co-efficient if it was us; I mean you'll get all this CL money but then you'll just pay your Board and Arsene a nice sum, and then just buy more Andre Santos types. Rinse and repeat. At least we try to actually be a proper club and try and have a go, see our CL campaign in 2011 and this season in the EL."

Seems to shut them up:-"

It's fudging stupid, I'm in my 30s and I still feel like this. I thought I was supposed to have grown up by now?!

Nothing could really be much worse than last season. But it feels like this has just added to it

If your anything like me...it won't change.

I'm in my sixties...however...I believe there are good times ahead...

so...best thing to do,is , look forward...COYS.....................

Back