• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
agreed with this

though i have to say that they got found out in europe though

I think the definition of great here also differs from poster to poster. Is this Utd team a great team? I don't think so. Ironically it does have some great players so even if it were to become a great team, it wouldn't be a great team made up of good players IMO. So that's a poor example he has used (I don't see his posts, they're blocked hence why I am responding to your agreement).

So I ask the audience again, and it's a genuine question, can anyone name me a GREAT English team that was made up of GOOD English players, i.e. didn't feature a single world class player.

Typical of MK - focus the point onto a very narrow field in order to have something to argue about. The word "Great", "English" adds a whole set of caveats to argue about instead of the gist of the original point - Management makes a difference.

Or do you disagree? Has Billy nailed your view in thats its all about the players and managers count for nothing?

Question for High Horse Knight (assuming he hasn't got me on ignore)

Can you list please out starting 11 (Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor) in order of liability?

For instance, one can assume Kaboul, Walker, BAE will be toward the top of the list.

Thank you.

Typical of MK - focus the point onto a very narrow field in order to have something to argue about. The word "Great", "English" adds a whole set of caveats to argue about instead of the gist of the original point - Management makes a difference.

Or do you disagree? Has Billy nailed your view in thats its all about the players and managers count for nothing?

I don't know why you're getting bricky about this to be fair. My original point clearly stated English as a caveat and my point was to genuinely ask you regarding your statement that a great Manager can make a good team a great team. And you still haven't given me an example.

As for your other point? I don't think so somehow. I heard the analogy once that a Manager is like a conductor for an orchestra. Doesn't matter how good the conductor is, if the musicians are brick or can't read music then the outcome won't be pretty. However, an orchestra can still carry a very good tune with a poor conductor if the musicians are excellent. To make an absolute master piece? You need both, but the musicians are the most important ingredient. That for me is a superb analogy.

Actually you know what? Don't bother responding! That's quite an insulting and patronising post that you've resorted to and for that you've proven yourself to be incapable of having a debate without resorting to nastiness. And for that, you've earned a place on my ignore list! At least now you won't have me trying to debate any of your opinions again! \o/

Im getting bricky because Im fed up with points being warped to suit your pov.

Its how I feel, its what I think, deal with it or dont. But I request you dont twist it out of recognition in order to argue it.

Youre analogy makes a point Ive already accepted, no doubt glossing over the fact I instantly recognised there is a tipping point in where a managers influence isnt going to matter/change things.

Put Mourinho in charge of Stevenage and no doubt they will not win the league. BUT its quite probable RELATIVE to where they are they will be extremely successful.

Actually you know what? Don't bother responding! That's quite an insulting and patronising post that you've resorted to and for that you've proven yourself to be incapable of having a debate without resorting to nastiness. And for that, you've earned a place on my ignore list! At least now you won't have me trying to debate any of your opinions again! \o/

It is not me that cannot debate. It is not me that wants to twist and change everybodies posts until they fit into a nice little stereotype or form something you can actually argue against. Its is not me that will never conceed that sometimes other people have a perfectly valid point.

And it wasnt even nastiness. Its an observation, Ive seen you do it numerous times and its boring. And so when I dont want to play along it is you who tries to force things down an avenue....

I am very grateful to be on your ignore list. Im only disappointed it wont stop you being such a prolific afan-lite.

I think the definition of great here also differs from poster to poster. Is this Utd team a great team? I don't think so. Ironically it does have some great players so even if it were to become a great team, it wouldn't be a great team made up of good players IMO. So that's a poor example he has used (I don't see his posts, they're blocked hence why I am responding to your agreement).

So I ask the audience again, and it's a genuine question, can anyone name me a GREAT English team that was made up of GOOD English players, i.e. didn't feature a single world class player.

All the Nottingham Forest sides and also the Aston villa side that won the European cup.

Haven't bothered reading anything of this thread, but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same old stuff being repeated.

All the Nottingham Forest sides and also the Aston villa side that won the European cup.

Villa's a good shout. I'd argue that the Forest side in the 80's was a great side. I know they challenged for the title a couple of seasons, but they always fell a bit short.

Despite this I think due to the fact that the bigger teams have such large squads now I'd say it's almost impossible for a team made up of "only" good players to actually be a great team due to the Manager.

That every great teams need at least one great player to be a great team is a contradiction; it's still a teamsport - even though Messi, Ronaldo and RvP - to name a few - are doing their best to individualize it.
But ofc it's another easy excuse for the money-is-all-crowd.

At least we've seen it's very possible for a team with some great players and huge potential to not actually behave as a team, but leave it to the great players - with performances that more often than not are less than the sum of the players, due to the manager.

Out of curiousity if you put someone on ignore can the person that is put on ignore still see your posts and therefore reply to them but you wouldn't be able to see their replies?

Norwich and Swansea are teams who o me had a bigger impact the managers not player.
I dont think Harry could win the title with Man C if he allowed players to do their own thing

Cool, hopefully won't ever need to be used...

Nayim, as you're such a big advocate of Rodgers what are your expectations of Liverpool this season? I know it's tough to answer this early without seeing all the movements in the market but still - are you concerned they could overtake us as you clearly believe he has something special.....

Cool, hopefully won't ever need to be used...

Nayim, as you're such a big advocate of Rodgers what are your expectations of Liverpool this season? I know it's tough to answer this early without seeing all the movements in the market but still - are you concerned they could overtake us as you clearly believe he has something special.....

Honestly I dont know.

Im a big fan of Rodgers and think he is good enough to be a big success, that said though I think Liverpool are a complete basket case of a club that will work to the detriment of any manager, so who knows?

Liverpools clownshoe board aside, I think Rodgers could do very well indeed but do think he has a lot of work to do.

Norwich and Swansea are teams who o me had a bigger impact the managers not player.
I dont think Harry could win the title with Man C if he allowed players to do their own thing

Agree with the first part.

I reckon Harry should have won the league with City though....

Out of curiousity if you put someone on ignore can the person that is put on ignore still see your posts and therefore reply to them but you wouldn't be able to see their replies?

Correct. You just see a message that reads This message is hidden because<poster's name> is on your ignore list.

Back