• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Chelsea didn't need a big name to win an FA Cup and Champions League, Di Matteo is now one of the most successful managers in the world

That REALLY puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Roberto Di Bloody Matteo did something only Ferguson and Benitez has done before him (in modern times).

Harry Redknapp's job this season, I believe, was to get us Champions League football. Of course, I have no evidence for this, but given what we know Levy has said in the past, etc etc, that was Redknapp's goal. He failed. Thus, should go. If a managers job was to 'avoid relegation' and they finish 18th, on goal difference, they still got relegated, and would probably get sacked. This is no different.

We didn't get CL. Forget 4th, or 3rd, or 9th, or 18th. Champions League. Are we in it? No.

Redknapp failed, it really is that simple.

As for who to replace him?

I'll champion Louis Van Gaal's corner. I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

Great, we can rule THEM out of a title challenge next season then... personally, I reckon it's gonad*s.

It goes to show that the importance of the managers role is overstated. Avram Grant's contrasting records at Chelsea and West Ham show that wages are the best indicator of success. Having a tactically astute, decent man manger is secondary to the quality of players.

Harry Redknapp's job this season, I believe, was to get us Champions League football. Of course, I have no evidence for this, but given what we know Levy has said in the past, etc etc, that was Redknapp's goal. He failed. Thus, should go. If a managers job was to 'avoid relegation' and they finish 18th, on goal difference, they still got relegated, and would probably get sacked. This is no different.

We didn't get CL. Forget 4th, or 3rd, or 9th, or 18th. Champions League. Are we in it? No.

Redknapp failed, it really is that simple.

As for who to replace him?

I'll champion Louis Van Gaal's corner. I know it won't happen, but I can dream.

So presumably if Bayern had won on penalties last night you would have thought that Redknapp shouldn't be sacked? Sorry mate, but that's ridiculous to judge whether or not to sack your manager based on a penalty shootout between two other teams.

Additionally, should you really sack your manager for failing to achieve his target by 1 point? After meeting or exceeding targets the previous 3 years in charge?

Mail online

Bloody hell! I was expecting a blog on newsnow or something

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pproach-Redknapp-drawing-Guardiola-blank.html

[h=1]Chelsea considering shock approach for Redknapp after drawing Guardiola blank[/h]
By BOB CASSPUBLISHED: 22:02, 19 May 2012 | UPDATED: 22:02, 19 May 2012

Chelsea could be ready to make a shock move to tempt Harry Redknapp to take over at Stamford Bridge.
The 65-year-old Tottenham manager is one of the names being considered by Roman Abramovich as he seeks the likeliest candidate to put Chelsea back at the top of English football.
The chances are that Redknapp would seize the opportunity to seek a fresh challenge after taking Spurs from the foot of the Premier League into the Champions League in just three seasons.
article-0-0BDA9BCC00000578-239_468x478.jpg
Sign of things to come?: Harry Redknapp is a candidate for the Chelsea job

Speculation is rife about Redknapp's rocky relationship with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy and the White Hart Lane boss suffered the disappointment of missing out on the England manager's job to Roy Hodgson, despite being the overwhelming people's favourite.But switching to Chelsea, where his nephew Frank Lampard is an influential dressing-room member, would be fantastic consolation.Chelsea have already sounded out ex-Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola without success and have also made a discreet approach to former boss Jose Mourinho.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...pp-drawing-Guardiola-blank.html#ixzz1vPOYvRGx

So presumably if Bayern had won on penalties last night you would have thought that Redknapp shouldn't be sacked? Sorry mate, but that's ridiculous to judge whether or not to sack your manager based on a penalty shootout between two other teams.

Additionally, should you really sack your manager for failing to achieve his target by 1 point? After meeting or exceeding targets the previous 3 years in charge?

He failed last year, 4th was in our hands again and we blew it.

Ridiculous it may be in your opinion. In my opinion, he settled for fourth, knowing there was ALWAYS a chance Chelsea could win the final. And he hasn't exceeded anything in the past 2 years. Two fifth placed finishes were both failures in my opinion.

I'll wager a bet that if this holds any truth to it at all, the ploy is to have a better chance at getting to players like Modric and perhaps Bale. Why would they replace a manager who just got them the FA cup and their first CL title, both in his first season? It doesn't make any sense.

Because Redknapp has had us in the top five three years in a row and none of these managers have achieved anything like that (I know they are at smaller clubs).

That doesnt explain

Huge gamble getting a new manager in. Not convinced Redknapp will have us fighting for top four next season but there's a better chance he will than fudging Rodgers or Martinez or any of these other flavour of the months.

I see no reason why they couldnt do as well as Redknapp to be honest. Apprt from the opportunity I dont see anything in Redknapp these guys dont have.

Back