• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I just want to find the two mouthy twunts who spent the best part of the game vs Benfica bad mouthing Kane. They seriously had nothing good to say about the lad despite him being young and thrown into a topsy turvy team.

Question to me is if he keeps up this form or even anything close to it how long will he stay? I really hope the lad shows loyalty

As others have said I tried to avoid aver getting really attached to one player but I can't help but love this lad it would break my heart if he left us after next season for Emirates Marketing Project or the like

asking a player to stay becasue of loyalty is like playing the guilt card. its selfish. bale left and won lots more so if nothing changes that's good preceedent to fall back on.

that said, it looks like the club is on the verge of a massive change - the academy, new stadmium, even poch and mitchell. If everything falls into place and if we are well run I can see our academy contributing more to our first team ( it already has!) and overall we will have more funds for wages and the odd "mini-galactico". if that happens I don't see why Kane wouldn't stay, or to stretch it, can even see Bale returning if it means helping us to win something substantial.

asking a player to stay becasue of loyalty is like playing the guilt card. its selfish. bale left and won lots more so if nothing changes that's good preceedent to fall back on.

that said, it looks like the club is on the verge of a massive change - the academy, new stadmium, even poch and mitchell. If everything falls into place and if we are well run I can see our academy contributing more to our first team ( it already has!) and overall we will have more funds for wages and the odd "mini-galactico". if that happens I don't see why Kane wouldn't stay, or to stretch it, can even see Bale returning if it means helping us to win something substantial.

Top post and I really hope you're right. The cynical spurs fan in me won't let myself get swept away but it is very exciting seeing the amount of young talent we have coming through as well as Finally seeing some tangible progress in poch system (fingers crossed)

One of the pundits reviewing him, called out one thing that if true, will stand him very well.

He claimed if you l00k at Kane before he hits every shot, he sets his balance, which is what allows him to hit so well (hence the comments by friedel/etc.). Looking back, I really can't think of Kane hitting row Z or getting under the ball, so lends some credence to the theory.

It's because he never panics and always has time to think- 2nd goal against Chelsea highlights this he'd already done the hard bit by rolling the defender loads of players would have hit it instantly in the same situation but there's a pause as he waits for the keeper to react and move to block his near post then sets himself and strokes it in the far post. It's that vision and composure that all the top world class players have.

Question to me is if he keeps up this form or even anything close to it how long will he stay? I really hope the lad shows loyalty

As others have said I tried to avoid aver getting really attached to one player but I can't help but love this lad it would break my heart if he left us after next season for Emirates Marketing Project or the like

well if he becomes too good for he will leave us. no doubt about it, it will be after his open letter to the spurs fans professing his love for us and how its the hardest decision he has made

It's because he never panics and always has time to think- 2nd goal against Chelsea highlights this he'd already done the hard bit by rolling the defender loads of players would have hit it instantly in the same situation but there's a pause as he waits for the keeper to react and move to block his near post then sets himself and strokes it in the far post. It's that vision and composure that all the top world class players have.

and he was waiting to nut meg Terry.

Harry Kane becoming so good that Real or Barca will want to pay huge money for him is just about the smallest of our concerns at the moment.

If we stopped producing players that those clubs wanted. Now that would be something to worry about.

I think most clubs will want to see more than one season from Kane before making an offer. I think we are safe for the time being

Do the fans show loyalty? Do we support our players through think and thin? Do we have the right to expect and sort of loyalty?

Having said that, I supported kane from the first time in saw him in a spurs shirt, I thought he had something about him... (But didn't predict his present day form) and in a few years when we have had massive amounts of squad upheavil ... He is one of the few players I have affection for.

Do the fans show loyalty? Do we support our players through think and thin? Do we have the right to expect and sort of loyalty?

Having said that, I supported kane from the first time in saw him in a spurs shirt, I thought he had something about him... (But didn't predict his present day form) and in a few years when we have had massive amounts of squad upheavil ... He is one of the few players I have affection for.

Spot on for the first part

My mate is a Norwich fan and said Kane was atrocious when he had his loan spell there. He doesn't know how the lad has got so bloody good!

I even remember watching him against arsenal when he was at Norwich and he looked really slow and couldn't finish.

Completely different player now with strength and pace and can clearly finish.

Keown on Match of the Day after the Chelsea game said something along the lines of "and he's shown us pace that we didnt know he had".....

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

My mate is a Norwich fan and said Kane was atrocious when he had his loan spell there. He doesn't know how the lad has got so bloody good!

I even remember watching him against arsenal when he was at Norwich and he looked really slow and couldn't finish.

Keown on Match of the Day after the Chelsea game said something along the lines of "and he's shown us pace that we didnt know he had".....

It happens ..... Bale was fairly quick, but suddenly he could burst ahead while keeping close control of the ball. It's the combination that makes it look like you've never seen the speed.

It happens ..... Bale was fairly quick, but suddenly he could burst ahead while keeping close control of the ball. It's the combination that makes it look like you've never seen the speed.

I think that is down to Kane and his work ethic. Pace is something you can't really improve but you can increase your quickness and he has done that ten fold especially running with the ball. Also easy to foget he is just 21 so he was at Norwich when he was 19 or so and still growing into his body so not overly surprising he looks much better now

One more thing which I have been highly impressed with Kane recently is his composure off of the field as well. He seems grounded but yet very comfortable with all the added pressure and plaudits he is receiving. He has almost by default become the off the field leader and spokesman for our club. I think it helps he is English and many of our other stars English is a second language

I remember speaking to mate who is an Orient fan when they had Kane & Carroll. I was asking him about Kane as that was the player on here that everyone was raving about as our big hope. Might mate instead raved on about carroll. Just shows how it can take a little longer for it to click. Also for strikers when your score one or two you don't think about what your doing as much but when your not scoring you can think about it a bit to much. be interesting to see how he reacts once he hits a bad patch.

With Kane a& Berahino going as they are i'm tempted to out to Czech Republic this summer for the u21 tournament must have a great chance of winning it with them two.

I think pace can be improved by overall fitness, no one can come into a side for 5 minutes a time and look sharp or quick, if there is pace in there somewhere its going to come out after reaching peak fitness and involvement.

Kane%20Boot.gif

Footballing genius.

Worth a repeat to bump this thread.

Still his finest moment. What a way to announce yourself as a top player.

pace with the ball is different from raw pace. the minute adjustments in speed and angle of attack, even the slight body feint... its something that kane has shown in the chelsea game that we've haven't seen before.

we discuss about service to strikers but sometimes its also about confidence of completing the pass (extremely low if ade is the target). kane's performance might be what our midfielders need to have confidence to make that searching pass, knowing that Kane will be do well with just that extra inch or so against his defender.

Early on Kane was played as the forward striker, just shifting him to the deeper striker (coming from space, e.g. when we first put him with Bobby), he looked a completely different player.

With time on pitch and confidence he's started to look like he can manage the forward striker role as well, I'm still of the belief he needs players that move around him (Chadli/Eriksen/Bobby), I'm not sure he can play that completely isolated poacher role that lower level sides use/require (e.g. a Bent)

Back