• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I hate Dunk such a throwback to the style of play when defenders could not play. At least people like Gomez and Maguire play football.

The worse thing is that we have no central midfielder who will take him out the game.
Dunk was excellent, and played some nice passes as well.

Note that Kane was pulling Dunk's penis throughout that tussle, that is why Dunk grabbed him round the neck - it was Kane acting like a neanderthal, not Dunk.

Watch it again, and see Dunk's post on social media explaining it.

I has started to wonder about the possible 'clique' issue a while back, but it realy crystallised for me that there was one when we played Soton away last March (if you remember it was the game after we won the away round 16 CL 2nd leg at Dortmund) when time after time Moura would be free for a good chance at goal and the likes of Alli especially seemed to be making a point of only passing it to Kane when we attacjed - even if he was in a far worse position.
It was ridicoulus and one of the reasons we lost that day.

Then fast-forward to the fact that the likes of Son and Alli started the CL final instead of Moura and im convinced Poch as allowed 'favourites' and 'cliques' to form, despite all his 'one for all and all for one' mantras...

Another nail he has knocked in his own coffine imo.

I also still feel Kane shouldn't have come out with the 'we're making the same mistakes comments' gvven what looks likes cliques seem to have appeared but there you go..

Mate.
Moura is a decent player for sure, but he is only really effective when he plays through the middle. He cannot play wide and have the same effect, he just can't.
Like it or not, Kane is a brilliant forward, certainly one of the best I have ever seen, and is currently also the best passer we have at the club.
IMO you really need to let the CL Final go. Truth be told then shape and selection worked, Sonny had some good chances by his standards and did not take them, and Kane (although not at his best) occupied the CBs enough for chances to be created. It was also far easier for them to sit deep and make it hard to break them down after that brickhouse penalty, and despite that we STILL created!!!!
The only argument here is whether you would rather have Moura as your starting forward over Kane. Personally, I wouldn't.

So every post you make is based on you not having any "theories"?:p

I'm going on what i see on the pitch etc and forming an opinion - just like you and everyone else on here does.

This opinion is no worse that what you've been writing, so i'd wind your neck in with the "you're making stuff up to fit theories" accusations...

that was said ‘tongue-in-cheek’
But the servers won’t let me revise or edit
So sorry - my neck is now wound in

Mate.
Moura is a decent player for sure, but he is only really effective when he plays through the middle. He cannot play wide and have the same effect, he just can't.
Like it or not, Kane is a brilliant forward, certainly one of the best I have ever seen, and is currently also the best passer we have at the club.
IMO you really need to let the CL Final go. Truth be told then shape and selection worked, Sonny had some good chances by his standards and did not take them, and Kane (although not at his best) occupied the CBs enough for chances to be created. It was also far easier for them to sit deep and make it hard to break them down after that brickhouse penalty, and despite that we STILL created!!!!
The only argument here is whether you would rather have Moura as your starting forward over Kane. Personally, I wouldn't.

The issue is leaving Moura on the bench after his heroics in the SF. Yes, he is erratic at times, but so had Son been after the QF and Alli for months before then.
At that point it showed again, when i came to the crunch, Poch wasn't ruthless enough in the selection and we saw the same limp display in the attacking areas form those same guys who had been limp for months.

Sometimes game can go one way or another by little details. Our little details suggest that some have to do far more than others to get a place in the team despite how poor others are...hence the suspicion of 'cliques' appearing in the squad: for me that Soton game confirmed it then the Final made it even clearer.

For all Poch's gravitas and rep for "picking purely on how players perform and train" i very much doubt he does it enough (see the lack of rotation last xmas when we were battering teams by the 60 min mark, plus other winning streaks we've had) and in the end it'll be what means he doesn't succeed..

The issue is leaving Moura on the bench after his heroics in the SF. Yes, he is erratic at times, but so had Son been after the QF and Alli for months before then.
At that point it showed again, when i came to the crunch, Poch wasn't ruthless enough in the selection and we saw the same limp display in the attacking areas form those same guys who had been limp for months.

Sometimes game can go one way or another by little details. Our little details suggest that some have to do far more than others to get a place in the team despite how poor others are...hence the suspicion of 'cliques' appearing in the squad: for me that Soton game confirmed it then the Final made it even clearer.

For all Poch's gravitas and rep for "picking purely on how players perform and train" i very much doubt he does it enough (see the lack of rotation last xmas when we were battering teams by the 60 min mark, plus other winning streaks we've had) and in the end it'll be what means he doesn't succeed..

Completely agree, bringing back Kane straight back into the team v Burnley was a big one as well. Team was playing ok and Son was scoring. Why couldn't Kane start from the bench and come on after 60 if needed.

Also the amount of times a game would be dead and buried but he'll keep Kane on till the 89th minute. There was never a reason for that to happen. Sub him, rest him, let someone else get minutes.

Completely agree, bringing back Kane straight back into the team v Burnley was a big one as well. Team was playing ok and Son was scoring. Why couldn't Kane start from the bench and come on after 60 if needed.

Also the amount of times a game would be dead and buried but he'll keep Kane on till the 89th minute. There was never a reason for that to happen. Sub him, rest him, let someone else get minutes.

Indeed, during that great league and cup run in Spring 2017, it seemed at time Poch was actively trolling Janssen. I felt for him at times as Kane would score an early (i.e. before 60 mins) hattrick and still be left on the bench even though the game was long won, with the likes of Sissoko coming on before him!!
Doing that, i thought "what the point in Poch asking for a squad???"

Harry is the key to all this imho.
My gut feeling is he is torn between two loyalties, poch and his mates in the team.
I don't watch him and think he has downed tools, I see a guy carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.
A guy trying his hardest to cover up others deficiency in the hope it sorts itself out.
Whether that's poch formation and team selection issues or his teammates lack of form or commitment is what I want to know.

Harry is the key to all this imho.
My gut feeling is he is torn between two loyalties, poch and his mates in the team.
I don't watch him and think he has downed tools, I see a guy carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.
A guy trying his hardest to cover up others deficiency in the hope it sorts itself out.
Whether that's poch formation and team selection issues or his teammates lack of form or commitment is what I want to know.

How did you think he played on Saturday? From the bits i saw he looks leaden-footed as hell. Very little energy, and dominated by Lewis bleeping Dunk FFS!

How did you think he played on Saturday? From the bits i saw he looks leaden-footed as hell. Very little energy, and dominated by Lewis bleeping Dunk FFS!

He was all of those things, but he tried.
It doesn't look like he has downed tools, if anything I think he is trying too hard.
He's taking all the responsibility on his shoulders, with Hugo out he's now effectively capt, I hope he grows in stature with that and the weight of it doesn't drag him even further down.
When it was obvious Hugo was going off I expected Harry to rally the troops, get them together before the game restarted and tell we dig in and fight. But he didn't, nobody did.
Now I don't blame anybody for that, I honestly think that injury shocked our players and affected their performance.
Not saying we would have won, I think we would have at least rallied a bit and made more of a go if it.

Like I said, my growing concern is that he's physically done, hence the front two for both us and England.

He was never a natural athlete, has played constantly without rest and done his ankle more than once. I fear that explosive part of his game he worked so hard on is gone, leading into this attempted Sheringham transition.

Without penalties the way him and we are playing how many goals do you see him getting. In our system Son takes all the shots while Kane is in midfield.

Like I said, my growing concern is that he's physically done, hence the front two for both us and England.

He was never a natural athlete, has played constantly without rest and done his ankle more than once. I fear that explosive part of his game he worked so hard on is gone, leading into this attempted Sheringham transition.

Without penalties the way him and we are playing how many goals do you see him getting. In our system Son takes all the shots while Kane is in midfield.

England are playing a two because sterling is scoring for fun at city so can't be dropped.
His England scoring record not so great so Harry plays as insurance.

England are playing a two because sterling is scoring for fun at city so can't be dropped.
His England scoring record not so great so Harry plays as insurance.

They started playing as a pair before Sterling was pulling up trees scoring wise.

Even if that was the case there's no reason to play them as a pair, Sterling doesn't for City.

Indeed, during that great league and cup run in Spring 2017, it seemed at time Poch was actively trolling Janssen. I felt for him at times as Kane would score an early (i.e. before 60 mins) hattrick and still be left on the bench even though the game was long won, with the likes of Sissoko coming on before him!!
Doing that, i thought "what the point in Poch asking for a squad???"

This is a big bugbear of mine, he doesn't rotate at all and now all our fringe players are massively unfit e.g. Dier, Alli, Wanyana, Davies, Sanchez, Foyth etc have barely had any minutes all season.

They started playing as a pair before Sterling was pulling up trees scoring wise.

Even if that was the case there's no reason to play them as a pair, Sterling doesn't for City.

I don't really watch England (the clue is in the name:)), so probably shouldn't have posted, but that's always been my interpretation of it from afar.

Back