• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Wow.
Once again. Wow.
The bloke has consistently scored a ton of goals, ridden several injuries, scored in key matches (especially in the CL) and generally proven himself time and time and time again.

I see the CL Final is coming up again; first game after injury. Maybe he shouldn’t have started. He did, he did not personally have the greatest of games but his presence allowed the likes of Sonny several clear sights of goal.

He stands up, speaks the truth about Wed (and Arse before it), shows some seniority and balls and people slag him for it.

Sorry folks, I think it is weak to cane Kane. Seriously weak.

Would you rather sell him? Not me.

Steff, i like the sentiment overall, but what Poch brought to the club was us going away from being based on a few flakey and flashy players who if/when they turned up we looked good but if they didn't fancy it we looked mediocre.

That was delicately built using the TEAM ethic of we win as a TEAM or lease as a TEAM. Whilst i agree with the main parts of what Kane it was not for him to speak as he did given the previous TEAM point and also given that he himself played no better than most of the players on the night.
It just slowly sets him apart from the TEAM thing that has got us to where we are as a club over the recent years and also helped HIM to get where he is, seeing as the team is mostly built to get the best out of him.

The next time he dribbles past 5 players from the half-way line 3 times to get a hattrick and we still don't win because of defensive c0ck-up then i'll hand him the mic myself

I thought the key point was "The [Crystal] Palace game (which Tottenham won 4-0) was the best example of how we should start; on the front foot and pressing, ruthless with chances, and that's what we've done in previous seasons"

I had no idea we were trying to press, during the last 50 games

To be honest I still think the Palace game is a bit of a red herring, they really didnt compete in any meaningful way, and I dont put that down to us being particularly good...

The way we got yellow card and yellow card in that second half because we were so poor at tackling them (and scared of them getting straight at our goal) was telling...and not in a good way...:(

I thought the ref went mad with his cards and was booking us for every tackle

One or two might have been harsh, but our tackling technique - and the panicked way we often did it, which was often in cynical 'don't let them get to our half' kind of way - was poor. We looked like a league 1 side defending a lead in a cup vs a PL side..:eek:

4 yellows, 3 were fouls on Zaha, literally the only Palace player we needed to worry about.

True, but in the past our tackling technique and method would have been far cleaner/precise, even for him. As i say, we literally looked like a league one side frantically defending a lead against a PL side. Our tackling precision and calmness doing it has gone it seems..

Oh Im not arguing with that at all, we are decidedly below par across the board.

My point was more - Kane talking about the Palace game as us being good is misleading, because Palace were so poor Im pretty sure a GloryGlory over 40's 11, without any training whatsoever, would have also won that game comfortably.

And maybe even tackled better as well ;)

I see the Kane/jan/Eriksen punch up is doing the rounds again. Been hit with a few texts in the last hour all claiming nefarious behaviour by Jan :rolleyes:

Back