• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

They said on MoTD that the PL had given it to Kane, is that not correct ?

PL website still shows it as Eriksen's.
I thought on MOTD they were saying they trusted Kane when he said it touched his shoulder, as he seems like an honest guy. Not sure if they will be enough for the PL!

It’s thrown up an interesting conundrum now

Being top goal scorer may mean something financially for Kane

For him it’s also about records we know but the money bit alone is enough for him to argue with the FA

Then they have to decide if their golden boy is lying or not

I actually do think it came off him ever so slightly just the angle which would show that was obscured by the post, MOTD showed that reply and you can see a slight change of direction.

Like how hungry he is for the goals though!

Anyone know if there has ever been a case where the officials have chopped and changed who they've awarded a goal to more than the once?

Going by Radio 5Live during the match, a short while after the goal was scored they said it had officially been awarded to Kane. Then a while later they corrected that saying it was actually under review, hadn't yet been awarded. By full time they had not updated listeners as to who it had been ultimately been credited to. However the post-match BBC online report stated it had since been officially awarded to Eriksen.

So it seems unlikely they are going to change it back again now.

Anyone know if there has ever been a case where the officials have chopped and changed who they've awarded a goal to more than the once?

Going by Radio 5Live during the match, a short while after the goal was scored they said it had officially been awarded to Kane. Then a while later they corrected that saying it was actually under review, hadn't yet been awarded. By full time they had not updated listeners as to who it had been ultimately been credited to. However the post-match BBC online report stated it had since been officially awarded to Eriksen.

So it seems unlikely they are going to change it back again now.
On the TV commentary they said it had been given to Eriksen, about 5 minutes after the goal, but I don't remember how 'official' that was... I assumed it was the PL

I am not actually that happy that he is so preoccupied with the top scorer, the are times when he shoots when someone is better placed. I love the lad, he is a spurs legend but I would rather he play for the team more and pass sometimes, it would add another weapon to our game and keep opponents guessing.

If you have a forward as good as him on your books you play to his strengths - a lesser player i would agree but he's one of the best in the game, make use of it

I am not actually that happy that he is so preoccupied with the top scorer, the are times when he shoots when someone is better placed. I love the lad, he is a spurs legend but I would rather he play for the team more and pass sometimes, it would add another weapon to our game and keep opponents guessing.
I think one of the best things happen to us is that Harry cares about numbers. It's a great motivation by itself. Look at salah after he starts to think he can his game improved a lot " and as I closely watched salah for years he is now twice the player used to be last year ". And CR7 will be always there as the greatest model of this case. I wouldn't be happy if Kane reacted like Hazard or Ozil.

Back