• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Maybe, but he’s definitely got a higher ceiling. He is scarily good....

How does anyone knows pkayers ceiling??

He looks brilliant so far and has scope to get better but Kane will get even better too

What is impressive with MBappe is his reading of the game which ah brilliant

But he’s probably a better keeper than Ramos
Harry-Kane.jpg

How does anyone knows pkayers ceiling??

He looks brilliant so far and has scope to get better but Kane will get even better too

What is impressive with MBappe is his reading of the game which ah brilliant
Well no one knows anything for sure do they? But he looked really good last season, looks even better this season to me, absolutely fantastic and he’s still so young. Whilst Kane is great, he never had anywhere near the talent Mbappe does at his age and never will. Kane has got to where he is today through sheer hard work. That his how you know Mbappe has a higher ceiling, if he ends up working anywhere near as hard as Kane he will be a better player for sure....

Well no one knows anything for sure do they? But he looked really good last season, looks even better this season to me, absolutely fantastic and he’s still so young. Whilst Kane is great, he never had anywhere near the talent Mbappe does at his age and never will. Kane has got to where he is today through sheer hard work. That his how you know Mbappe has a higher ceiling, if he ends up working anywhere near as hard as Kane he will be a better player for sure....

I always think those statements are tenuous

Who knows how much better either player will get

You see players come through and think wow and plenty just don’t progress as you expect

I fully expect MBappe to get better but he has to get 30 plus goals for 3 seasons in one of the very top leagues (which the French isn’t) just to get to Kane’s level

I always think those statements are tenuous

Who knows how much better either player will get

You see players come through and think wow and plenty just don’t progress as you expect

I fully expect MBappe to get better but he has to get 30 plus goals for 3 seasons in one of the very top leagues (which the French isn’t) just to get to Kane’s level
I don’t think he had to get 30 plus goals to be at Kanes level, he’s a different type of forward. Kane is an out and out striker, Mbappe isn’t. Mbappe is what 18,19? He’s already proved himself at CL level. What was Kane doing at that age, where was he on loan? Do you really think Kane has much talent as Mbappe, honestly? Kane scores so many goals because he works very hard at his game, and takes shot after shot after shot. Mbappes game isn’t about that at all....

Mbappe is not ahead of Kane or Lewandowski imo

How can Mbappe be rated highly than Kane ? It is really stupid. Mbappe is only 18 and had 1 good season in a poor France league. He may end up as a 1 season wonder. In contrast, Kane has had 3 good seasons in a more competitive league, being the top scorer in 2 of those seasons.

How can Mbappe be rated highly than Kane ? It is really stupid. Mbappe is only 18 and had 1 good season in a poor France league. He may end up as a 1 season wonder. In contrast, Kane has had 3 good seasons in a more competitive league, being the top scorer in 2 of those seasons.
Again they are different strikers. Kane takes shot after shot after shot. Mbappe dribbles with the ball and creates a hell of a lot more. You say he’s just had one good season in France. What about all of last season and this season in the CL too where he’s performed to a high standard or was that all coincidence too? What was Kane doing at 18? I love Kane, but for natural footballing talent Mbappe is far superior....

I don’t think he had to get 30 plus goals to be at Kanes level, he’s a different type of forward. Kane is an out and out striker, Mbappe isn’t. Mbappe is what 18,19? He’s already proved himself at CL level. What was Kane doing at that age, where was he on loan? Do you really think Kane has much talent as Mbappe, honestly? Kane scores so many goals because he works very hard at his game, and takes shot after shot after shot. Mbappes game isn’t about that at all....
I take your point about how long he has been doing it for compared with Kane but as @harr1984 says he is not an out-and-out-striker therefore you cannot compare him purely on number of goals scored.

Also we are talking here about whether his ceiling might be higher than Kane's. If he ends up say playing a lead role in helping PSG win the CL a few times and replacing RM and/or Barca as the dominant team in Europe then it would not matter how many goals he scored, he would be judged primarily on his overall contribution to one of Europe's most successful teams.

Kane for me is up there with the very very best and that’s because he has talent and work

MBappe has both too and could be the best in the world with the extra pace he has over someone like Kane

But your right about work rate being vital to get to the top and that’s where talent alone can fail you

I take your point about how long he has been doing it for compared with Kane but as @harr1984 says he is not an out-and-out-striker therefore you cannot compare him purely on number of goals scored.

Also we are talking here about whether his ceiling might be higher than Kane's. If he ends up say playing a lead role in helping PSG win the CL a few times and replacing RM and/or Barca as the dominant team in Europe then it would not matter how many goals he scored, he would be judged primarily on his overall contribution to one of Europe's most successful teams.

I agree with the last paragraph but would be do that at a team that is the 6th richest in their league?

And for me he will deffo be an out and out striker

The guy keeps on scoring . Moved upto =11th in our all-time list today. Keane and Sheringham are in his sights now.

90 PL Goals now (Defoe and Keane bagged 91 for us,Sheringham 97). Wonder if he can beat Lukaku (93) to the Century?

Kane for me is up there with the very very best and that’s because he has talent and work

MBappe has both too and could be the best in the world with the extra pace he has over someone like Kane

But your right about work rate being vital to get to the top and that’s where talent alone can fail you
Nothing I can really argue with there at all, but I still see Mbappe as having a higher ceiling. If both players had the same level of application in terms of hard work/working on their game Mbappe would be the better player. At 18 years old Kane was nowhere near his level, and I appreciate that players develop at different speeds but Mbappe is only going to get better still, that I am certain of....

Kane was excellent today. He's becoming a more allround player by the match at the moment. So many good playmaker-like passes again today. He's a bit too selfish in front of goal sometimes, could've passed it a few times today, but oh well, you need a striker with confidence.

Kane was excellent today. He's becoming a more allround player by the match at the moment. So many good playmaker-like passes again today. He's a bit too selfish in front of goal sometimes, could've passed it a few times today, but oh well, you need a striker with confidence.

He has done a reverse Ronaldo....
Added the creative bit after perfecting his finishing

Back