• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

With regards to him playing 9 or 10.
We've had some games where he's been isolated and we've struggled to get the ball to him. In those cases it is better moving him back to 10 to get him into the game.
Rather have him in the game having an effect on it than not in it.

agree but what do you think is his best position - as a number 9 or 10 ?

Marca on Bale

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015...anish-press-label-spurs-ace-best-english-ne/?

“English football holds its breath before the coming of the Tottenham striker who is called to mark a new era,” the Spanish publication write.

“Recent failures of England in major tournaments fuel the enthusiasm for the emergence of the 21-year-old striker, who of goal scoring ease, quality and mobility is breaking all the moulds.

“Kane is the best English newcomer of the last decade.”

I guess this means Madrid have their eye on him already. Well I hope he can see the way they are treating Bale over there

Last edited:
agree but what do you think is his best position - as a number 9 or 10 ?

9 but there isn't much difference. He's that good he can play in multiple positions effectively.
Look at Messi for me Messi is best in the middle, but since he's moved out to the right during this season the Barcelona team has been better balanced with Suarez more effective in the middle than where he was playing.
I'd play Kane wherever he best serves the team.

I think Kane is talented enough to play as either a 10 or a 9. The only problem with him playing as a 10 at the moment is that we do not have a 9 to match.

Next season I would be more than happy for him to play as a 9 but arguably just as happy to see him play as a 10 behind a top notch 9

With regards to him playing 9 or 10.
We've had some games where he's been isolated and we've struggled to get the ball to him. In those cases it is better moving him back to 10 to get him into the game.
Rather have him in the game having an effect on it than not in it.

It would be interesting to see stats showing how likely we are to win when Harry plays behind the striker rather than when he is on his own up front. I could be proved wrong but it has seemed that whenever he's played behind the striker, that's when he - and Tottenham - have had least success.

I'd be very surprised if the stats don't show that Kane is at his best when played as a lone striker. That indeed he gives us the best of both worlds when on his own up front. Only last night he demonstrated with his header for England how good he is at bringing others into play, then getting into a good scoring position to convert chances he's helped to create.

Whereas when he has played behind Soldado and, on the odd occasion, Adebayor, that, it has seemed, is when he has struggled to score, when his outstanding talents have most been wasted. Because that is when he is more likely to concentrate on staying deep, on holding-up play and/or supplying crosses and passes into the striker instead of getting into position to convert chances himself.

It would be interesting to see stats showing how likely we are to win when Harry plays behind the striker rather than when he is on his own up front. I could be proved wrong but it has seemed that whenever he's played behind the striker, that's when he - and Tottenham - have had least success.

I'd be very surprised if the stats don't show that Kane is at his best when played as a lone striker. That indeed he gives us the best of both worlds when on his own up front. Only last night he demonstrated with his header for England how good he is at bringing others into play, then getting into a good scoring position to convert chances he's helped to create.

Whereas when he has played behind Soldado and, on the odd occasion, Adebayor, that, it has seemed, is when he has struggled to score, when his outstanding talents have most been wasted. Because that is when he is more likely to concentrate on staying deep, on holding-up play and/or supplying crosses and passes into the striker instead of getting into position to convert chances himself.

I would suggest any such statistic would be tainted by the fact that Adebayor and Soldado have been two of the most under performing central strikers to play in this league this season. If we were to bring in a top quality central striker methinks you would better appreciate how well Kane could flourish behind a central striker

I would suggest any such statistic would be tainted by the fact that Adebayor and Soldado have been two of the most under performing central strikers to play in this league this season. If we were to bring in a top quality central striker methinks you would better appreciate how well Kane could flourish behind a central striker

Maybe, but why bother when Kane has demonstrated he can do both jobs brilliantly, meaning we can play Eriksen in the hole behind him rather than clutter up the middle with two strikers trying to convert the same chances, or worse, Kane not getting forward enough to bang the goals in because it's no longer his main role?

I much prefer him as the #9. It's great that he can play both roles and I think his development as the second striker gives him a variance to his game at #9 that other forwards don't have. His movement to drop deep or off to the flanks is great and our midfield should capitalise on it more (Eriksen, Chadli and Mason advancing into that space).

Maybe, but why bother when Kane has demonstrated he can do both jobs brilliantly, meaning we can play Eriksen in the hole behind him rather than clutter up the middle with two strikers trying to convert the same chances, or worse, Kane not getting forward enough to bang the goals in because it's no longer his main role?

As I intimated earlier I am happy to see Kane play in either position. I just do not want us to be a team reliant on him for our goals, because a time will come when he will get injured or "dry up". Eriksen as good as he is, has proved to be slightly inconsistent, so I really feel Kane has the all round ability to be a better option as a 10.

I think it is essential that if we want to make a serious run for a Champions League place next season we need to sign a player at least as good if not better than Kane who ideally has the game to play both alongside and in place of him.

That way if Kane is injured or rested they will not be a drop in quality from our main striker, and also if they played together, one behind the other, they could leave a trail of havoc and destruction in their wake

As I intimated earlier I am happy to see Kane play in either position. I just do not want us to be a team reliant on him for our goals, because a time will come when he will get injured or "dry up". Eriksen as good as he is, has proved to be slightly inconsistent, so I really feel Kane has the all round ability to be a better option as a 10.

I think it is essential that if we want to make a serious run for a Champions League place next season we need to sign a player at least as good if not better than Kane who ideally has the game to play both alongside and in place of him.

No question we need to sign a new striker for next season, but as back up rather than to play alongside Kane. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

How many goals has he scored compared to everyone else this month? could he really make history and get 3 player of the months in a row?

No question we need to sign a new striker for next season, but as back up rather than to play alongside Kane. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

If you sign a top striker one could play behind the other, as a 9 and a 10, while on other occasions we could play on a regular basis with a top number 9 and the other on the bench. That way when one striker is injured there is no significant drop in quality.

We have been lucky that Kane has not been injured. Once Kane established himself as the main striker we just looked a pitiful team up front when we had to start with one of the other two strikers. The drop in quality was immense. If we sign just a backup I fear we may have to endure the same drop in quality. I like what Utd did, they had Rooney but they still went out to sign RVP a couple of years ago who made them even stronger the following season. I think Kane needs all the help he can get.

Anyway I am not gonna worry about that, I figure Poch will know what to do

How many goals has he scored compared to everyone else this month? could he really make history and get 3 player of the months in a row?

Remember the award is not necessarily given to the player that has scored the most goals, and I would suggest that his poor performance against Man Utd will rule him out this month's award. The Goons have won their last 5 or 6 league matches so I could imagine one of their players winning it

I much prefer him as the #9. It's great that he can play both roles and I think his development as the second striker gives him a variance to his game at #9 that other forwards don't have. His movement to drop deep or off to the flanks is great and our midfield should capitalise on it more (Eriksen, Chadli and Mason advancing into that space).

I just do not think that the midfield is consistent enough when it comes to goals

I just do not think that the midfield is consistent enough when it comes to goals

Two midfielders with 10+ goals for the season? not sure how much more you want than that, or how many teams do better?

Our problem has been the 2nd striker not the midfield

Two midfielders with 10+ goals for the season? not sure how much more you want than that, or how many teams do better?

Our problem has been the 2nd striker not the midfield

I agree there is definitely a problem with our second striker, we simply do not have one.

Bur there is also definitely a problem with goals from our midfield. In all competition Chadli has scored just 1 goal in his last 14 appearances while Eriksen has scored just 1 goal in his last 10 appearances, that simply leaves too much pressure on Kane. If Kane gets injured we will be utterly and totally fcuked

Out of interest, if we signed a striker in the summer and they were banging them in next season, would you not consider playing the both of them in some games?

Out of interest, if we signed a striker in the summer and they were banging them in next season, would you not consider playing the both of them in some games?

Of course, and it would be fantastic if it worked out. I just wonder whether, going by the way he has sometimes played alongside or behind Soldado or Ade, it might affect his game adversely - something none of us want I'm sure.

We can only hope Baldini is successful in finding the right striker to either partner or understudy Kane next season, but recent history suggests it's no given - by any stretch.

Of course, and it would be fantastic if it worked out. I just wonder whether, going by the way he has sometimes played alongside or behind Soldado or Ade, it might affect his game adversely - something none of us want I'm sure.

We can only hope Baldini is successful in finding the right striker to either partner or understudy Kane next season, but recent history suggests it's no given - by any stretch.

You'll find no argument from me that he has done brilliantly this season at #9 but he is no stranger to playing deeper. He played there a lot in our youth set up and started this season at #10 (I think quite effectively). The Sheringham comparisons are made for a reason.

All this is hypothetical of course, we need to sign a high scoring #9 first, so we can safely put this discussion on ice until Kane's testimonial season ☺

Back