• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

How do you help him? You can’t stand on the attacker
He just needs to do his job better. He is more than capable
Look at the reaction of the the players after the goal. The complaining only came from Vic
Help is the suggestion most people are presenting. Someone there to protect him, help him push/obstruct/pull/whatever the opponent away to give him a clearer path to attacking the ball.

It's a fairly common strategy the way I see things. It's not the only solution, but it's a possible solution imo.

It's just about positioning and small movements. Nothing that would risk a foul. All you need to do is gain a half second.

Agreed. And against a Sean Dyche team - every team will struggle against that, and do.
That was what they had because their attack is really blunt
We know Ange doesn’t adjust his team for anything and as I say above I don’t believe we have conceded form a corner before the city one

But we haven’t conceded from a corner all season other than the Brighton worldie which is tenuous to call it a corner
The fact that two teams now target Vicario says how well we and he has been doing
He has to develop his game for it
If he develops that part of his game fairly quickly we're in perfect agreement. That would be the best solution. If he doesn't other options have to be considered.

Help is the suggestion most people are presenting. Someone there to protect him, help him push/obstruct/pull/whatever the opponent away to give him a clearer path to attacking the ball.

It's a fairly common strategy the way I see things. It's not the only solution, but it's a possible solution imo.
It is
But it’s a backwards step
Moving someone else doesn’t make Vic better at what he should be

If he develops that part of his game fairly quickly we're in perfect agreement. That would be the best solution. If he doesn't other options have to be considered.
If he concedes another one again because he is static and flapping… I’d drop him
If he concedes because he is moving, jumping and trying to clear the ball firmly and gets fouled … that’s on the ref to do their job

If he concedes another one again because he is static and flapping… I’d drop him
If he concedes because he is moving, jumping and trying to clear the ball firmly and gets fouled … that’s on the ref to do their job

Considering the team and the fact that Dyche and maybe Moyes will look to exploit set plays more than anything, I actually think he did ok considering the barrage of crosses, corners and needless freekicks. Claimed two absolute gems when not being impeded.

The City goal was a foul even if soft IMO and from then on, as with all PL PR, its now being spun into a narrative IMO.

For me there was a collective issue at play with the way we dealt with the threats if anything, too many statues at the second balls, I love Sarr and Richy but they didnt track the runner and we paid the price

Considering the team and the fact that Dyche and maybe Moyes will look to exploit set plays more than anything, I actually think he did ok considering the barrage of crosses, corners and needless freekicks. Claimed two absolute gems when not being impeded.

The City goal was a foul even if soft IMO and from then on, as with all PL PR, its now being spun into a narrative IMO.

For me there was a collective issue at play with the way we dealt with the threats if anything, too many statues at the second balls, I love Sarr and Richy but they didnt track the runner and we paid the price
I think the city one as a foul
He was jumped into
The Everton one he just had a player there that he he didn’t deal with.

It is
But it’s a backwards step
Moving someone else doesn’t make Vic better at what he should be
All players have weaknesses. Part of the job for the team is to compensate for the weaknesses of others.

It's a backwards step if it makes its overall worse at defending corners. That may not be the case.
Drop him? Really? And lose all the good stuff he does that Forster can't do? How is that not a step backwards?

All players have weaknesses. Part of the job for the team is to compensate for the weaknesses of others.

It's a backwards step if it makes its overall worse at defending corners. That may not be the case.

Drop him? Really? And lose all the good stuff he does that Forster can't do? How is that not a step backwards?
It is
But it’s fudging basic
Jump
Leave the floor
If he jumps (he doesn’t, I’ve seen it back only an hour ago on one of the wonderful you are the ref things sky do) he gets properly fouled. Then even var can step in
The guys class and it’s his first negative here. He has to learn it’s a higher standard and a tougher league. He will learn IMO
But it’s basics.

It is
But it’s fudging basic
Jump
Leave the floor
If he jumps (he doesn’t, I’ve seen it back only an hour ago on one of the wonderful you are the ref things sky do) he gets properly fouled. Then even var can step in
The guys class and it’s his first negative here. He has to learn it’s a higher standard and a tougher league. He will learn IMO
But it’s basics.
I don't think it's basic. I think it's a fairly complex skill. Judge the flight of the ball, move into the right position with momentum to jump properly. Time the jump. Make sure he gets it right so he gets to the ball even if impeded without being fouled. Get a decent fist (ideally) or hand to the ball.

All in a very short time while under pressure from an opponent.

Quite a lot of top level goalkeepers struggle with just this, because it's difficult.

I don't think it's basic. I think it's a fairly complex skill. Judge the flight of the ball, move into the right position with momentum to jump properly. Time the jump. Make sure he gets it right so he gets to the ball even if impeded without being fouled. Get a decent fist (ideally) or hand to the ball.

All in a very short time while under pressure from an opponent.

Quite a lot of top level goalkeepers struggle with just this, because it's difficult.
He is massive
He is getting knocked at the balls lowest point
Look how easy he takes the ball out of the air when it’s high
He just needs to jump and take the foul

Na il on the head, all Dyches teams play that way and always have. I think we may all be worrying too much and i am sure
that Vicario ( and the coaches)will learn how to cope with it as he goes on. I have always hated watching Dyches teams as they set out to bully other teams and it works on occasions ( this was one of them)

Over here on NBC, Tim Howard was asked about Vicario's technique and said that rather than the 2 fisted "Superman" style that Vic had used, he felt that he should be punching one handed to bring some momentum to get the ball further away. That made sense to me as I felt that Vic really has failed to get the ball out of the danger area even when he has got both hands to the ball.

Over here on NBC, Tim Howard was asked about Vicario's technique and said that rather than the 2 fisted "Superman" style that Vic had used, he felt that he should be punching one handed to bring some momentum to get the ball further away. That made sense to me as I felt that Vic really has failed to get the ball out of the danger area even when he has got both hands to the ball.
It a flat palm he uses
Rather odd
Not powerful
He is class but this is a blip

I remember when De Gea arrived at Man Utd their goalkeeping coach talked about beefing him up to deal with different issues posed in the EPL. The opposition has identified a vulnerability and know Vic has to be helped to address it.
Yeah
How else do you beat him systematically
He is such a good keeper

Back