• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

So far there has just been a solidity to his work. He hasn't had to make any mind blowing saves but he's been saving everything you expect a keeper to save and the ones you're hopeful they do.

With Lloris even at his best you never knew if he was going to let in a softish goal. Vicario never seems to let in anything that you could expect a keeper to save. His positioning is very sound, making what could be difficult saves look very easy. He's also great with both feet. It's just such a refreshing place to be.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

There was one for me that stands out - a fairly close range shot from an angle that also got a deflection that he very quickly tipped over the bar at home I think. Not sure who it was against.

He done a quick long throw in the second half to set Deki down the wing, even the commentator mentioned how good his distribution was, i think that would have been in the stands if it was Hugo.
I think there's scope for it to get a lot better too. I think (stats-wise) he's not doing too great in terms of his successful long passes. But that can improve with team understanding.

I was worried about his awareness in the first 2 games, need not have worried. He is amzing and such a great characther by the look of it

Loving him. We need to be a lot better passing out from the back when being pressed. But love him.

Had my concerns over what I had seen pre season. Few bits worried me but must say he’s been great. Long may it continue.

A huge huge huge thing for us is he comes for everything
Doesn’t stay on his line and just goes for it
It means the defenders know where they stand
And because he is so tall so far he has caught 95% of everything
Very classy keeper and exactly as we hoped

This repeatedly, the amount he eliminates by just coming and getting the ball.

Vicario is the kind of character that gets disappointed when the opposition are shooting the ball straight at him. This guy relishes the big moments and opportunities. Great mentality for big matches.
For the penalty, I was surprised he decided to dive but it seemed he planned that from the start. He was slightly off-center and was trying to coax Saka to shoot to the side he left more open (Vicario's right). Saka took the penalty well and the ball was too high to get a trailing foot to it. This is just me stating my observations, not really trying to draw any conclusions here other than how happy I am with his performances.

Back