• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Guglielmo Vicario

I can't castigate sterling for doing it and then praise one of ours for doing it, wrong is wrong.

Sterling has never known what he's doing

I don't care about fair, or sportsmanship, or honesty, I want us to win, I'm getting old, and I want to see us win something proper

MoTM, best keeper in league on form, has to be right up there with anyone in Europe right now.

Constantly was trying to lift the team, talk to players, even when down at the end.

Some of the saves (that one to his left in first half) were ridiculous. His shot stopping is up there with prime Lloris, something I've never thought I'd say.

Amen to that. He's such a positive figure in the team too, which honestly Lloris never felt like, despite being captain.

Great game from him and he does seem to be a better organiser then lloris.
Better organiser, better at crosses, and with ball at feet. Close between him and prime Lloris for sweeper keeper and as a shot stopper but I'm leaning towards Vicario although it's over a small sample size.

Better organiser, better at crosses, and with ball at feet. Close between him and prime Lloris for sweeper keeper and as a shot stopper but I'm leaning towards Vicario although it's over a small sample size.

Yep it is early days so far but he has shown how good he is. I have said it before about Lloris but he was a great keeper ( only behind Jennings and Clemence that i have seen in our shirt) but i have high hopes that Vicario will improve even more.

Brave and a leader too.
A true sweeper keeper. Worked so hard and I think he will be hurting from tonight's loss. After that performance though, he should be very happy. He almost saved the penalty, too, but it was taken perfectly.

Really lets his passion show but doesn't let it fog up his brain. He seems to be always concentrating. Despite losing, I still enjoyed the performance he put on. Doesn't feel as crappy as other losses we've suffered in similar situations.

Apparently he has the flu and won't feature for Italy in this international break...

Read a report that said he's been sent home and another saying he's remaining with the national team.

Another new doubt emerges...

On the off chance we manage to get a home draw in the FA Cup 3rd round what's the ticket buying process like for cup ties? Is it much the same in terms of demand or is it a bit easier to get one off tickets?

On the off chance we manage to get a home draw in the FA Cup 3rd round what's the ticket buying process like for cup ties? Is it much the same in terms of demand or is it a bit easier to get one off tickets?
Depends on when the game is TBF
Always used to be own with a family discount for example

I wasn't over pleased with Vic for not claiming the ball which lead to the goal which was given as offside right after we scored. It looked a simple catch which he didn't go for....fortunately it was ruled off.

I thought Vicario was 7/10 today, pretty average.
For the second goal it seemed a fairly tame shot from 19 yards which just rolled straight in, whereas our players were having to apply extreme bend/power/swazz/knuckle and still Martinez saved them

I thought Vicario was 7/10 today, pretty average.
For the second goal it seemed a fairly tame shot from 19 yards which just rolled straight in, whereas our players were having to apply extreme bend/power/swazz/knuckle and still Martinez saved them
the save from PEH was top notch. Agree, Vic should have done better. think he was shaken by the earlier save onto the post and the shot was too close to him to get down to once he reacted.

Back