• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gray & Keys

[video=youtube;6XEYqjiiWcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XEYqjiiWcw[/video]

Cringeworthy. Deplorable. Hilarious.

I agree that the "Oh nos" weren't because of a hatred for Spurs, moreso because of West Ham's narrative with them fighting relegation and Tévez finally scoring, jumping into the crowd etc.

But still, I bet the West Ham guy commentating on Fanzone sounded more upbeat than those two did!

A lot fuss about **** all, it could be argued that CT was ok with this sort of banter, and may have played up to it in previous instances.
Nobody knows, just 2 old boys trying to be geezers!

Andy Gray is like the school bully and Richard Keys the nerdy geek who doesn't have any friends so clings onto the bully instead becoming his sidekick.

They were iconic in terms of Sky Sports' coverage of the Premier League particularly in the early years when a lot of Gray's analysis was innovative and ground breaking. Like most things in the Entertainment industry though their time passed and it's time to move on. Can't see them ever returning to Sky.

I really dislike them as people but was frustratingly drawn to their mid-morning show on talksport which regularly had some very interesting guests and great interviews. I have a bit of sympathy with Gray for the comment earlier about his lack of knowledge of European football; to be fair he spent so much time commentating on PL he would have had little time to watch much else in any great depth.

I realise they have lives outside of their jobs but when you're paid to to know your stuff about football then I only think it's fair that you watch perhaps just one game a week from say Spain, Italy and Germany, but it was clear that the only time he watched foreign teams was when they played in the CL. I don't expect them to know the other leagues, but you could have put me on Sky and I guarantee I would have more knowledge of the other leagues than Gray did.

A lot fuss about **** all, it could be argued that CT was ok with this sort of banter, and may have played up to it in previous instances.

I disagree. I would be sacked if I spoke to a female colleague like that and quite right too

Wasn't Andy Gray.

It was 100% andy gray. Whether the supposed to be neutral commentator would like the underdog to win or not doesn't matter, it's about being professional, they are supposed to be impartial, saying oh no when one team scores a winner clearly shows he wasn't. Have you ever heard anyone else say something like that, I mean not even the cringeworthy champs league commentators come out with that when an English team concedes a goal!!

such is the dearth of quality of good commentators/summarisers these clowns are still in gainful employment, they make bernard manning look cultured

Wasn't Andy Gray.

It was. In the following link, you see a highlight package of the game's goals which interchange between two audio feeds - one with Gray and Martin Tyler, the other with either Jon Champion or Alan Parry doing the call (I can't tell them apart. Same harsh, barking tone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxUTsvLKUk

In the final goal highlight, it's clearly the Champion/Parry feed and the commentator clearly cries out Oh No!

But in the feed I was hearing that day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si6XREWSHsI

- Gray delivers a long, slow OHHH NOHHH!. Then he recovers and gives Spurs a fairer shake, watching the re-play and describing how we "bomb forward".

I never realized until checking this that there was a second OH NO! from that goal. Knuts, the lot of 'em.

Last edited:

I got the feeling from that that she was anything but ok, I might be reading her wrong but the look on her face and the tone in her voice said "not this **** again"

I have a friend who worked on MOTD for some years and her feeling is that women working in TV production around football have to
put up with that everywhere, my opinion is that some felt they may have had to put up with this to keep their career going

it's good that someone has released all these clips irrelevant of their motivation

It was. In the following link, you see a highlight package of the game's goals which interchange between two audio feeds - one with Gray and Martin Tyler, the other with either Jon Champion or Alan Parry doing the call (I can't tell them apart. Same harsh, barking tone).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxUTsvLKUk

In the final goal highlight, it's clearly the Champion/Parry feed and the commentator clearly cries out Oh No!

But in the feed I was hearing that day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si6XREWSHsI

- Gray delivers a long, slow OHHH NOHHH!. Then he recovers and gives Spurs a fairer shake, watching the re-play and describing how we "bomb forward".

I never realized until checking this that there was a second OH NO! from that goal. Knuts, the lot of 'em.

it a just proves, that no matter who is covering us, there is an anti spurs bias

;-)

I don't think it's out of biast. West Ham were 2-0 up if I remember correctly, went to 2-2, then went 3-2 up.. then it went to 3-3, they would have loved that point from the positioin they were in at the time, only to then go and lose it in the 95th minute, it's more of a footballing "oh no" as opposed to "oh no, west ham have lost, **** off Spurs" . Thats how I thought of it anyway.

I agree. It's more a response to the narrative of the game, as in "Oh no, can you believe what is happening?" rather than "Oh no, Spurs have won". And if there is a component of the latter it reflects the narrative of the season and how valuable points were to West Ham.

It was 100% andy gray. Whether the supposed to be neutral commentator would like the underdog to win or not doesn't matter, it's about being professional, they are supposed to be impartial, saying oh no when one team scores a winner clearly shows he wasn't. Have you ever heard anyone else say something like that, I mean not even the cringeworthy champs league commentators come out with that when an English team concedes a goal!!

I personally couldn't give a **** :lol:

I agree. It's more a response to the narrative of the game, as in "Oh no, can you believe what is happening?" rather than "Oh no, Spurs have won". And if there is a component of the latter it reflects the narrative of the season and how valuable points were to West Ham.

Agreed.

:lol: at anyone thinking everyone hates Spurs, ffs grow up.

Souness seems to be bemused by the whole thing and then realises and seems to give Keys a nudge with his foot. That Keys gives me the creeps.

Would have been funny to see how they had reacted if she gave it back to them though. No doubt Keys wouldn't have been able to cope. I know a few girls whose reactions to that would likely have scared them ****less.

Agreed.

:lol: at anyone thinking everyone hates Spurs, ffs grow up.

As Eric Cantona famously advises in those Nike ads: "Never grow up".

I'm right and you're wrong
I'm right and you're wrong
Nyah nyah na-na-na

Moving on. Is Gray a ****ney wannabe? At the end of the initial clip, he's muttering about twirling "thrup'nies.

The archaic rhyming slang for tits - three pence coins, thrup'ny bits.

Back