• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gotze???

This reminds me a little of a VDV or even Klinsmann type signing. A top player who's stock has dropped a little and may just be gettable if the stars align. His recent performances have not been all that good but Bayern Munich didn't buy him from Dortmund for purely tactical reasons. There is a very good player in there, and I trust Poch to get him back on an upward trajectory if we signed him.

As an added bonus it would tinkle off Liverpool fans no end.

This reminds me a little of a VDV or even Klinsmann type signing. A top player who's stock has dropped a little and may just be gettable if the stars align. His recent performances have not been all that good but Bayern Munich didn't buy him from Dortmund for purely tactical reasons. There is a very good player in there, and I trust Poch to get him back on an upward trajectory if we signed him.

VDV and (what I believe from stories I've heard) Klinsmann came as done deals like lightning from a clear blue sky. This one seems more like a come and get me plea from people behind the scenes.

Modric I remember was also a HUGE surprise when made public.

I get the point but this is different, both Klinsmann and VDV were past their best while Gotze is only 24 and not at his peak yet.

VDV and (what I believe from stories I've heard) Klinsmann came as done deals like lightning from a clear blue sky. This one seems more like a come and get me plea from people behind the scenes.

Modric I remember was also a HUGE surprise when made public.
I get the point but this is different, both Klinsmann and VDV were past their best while Gotze is only 24 and not at his peak yet.
Well my point was that they are 'big' stars whose stock have fallen and have been made peripheral figures at their clubs rather than anything else, and so for that reason it reminds me of those transfers.

VDV was 27 when he arrived so I not sure if you can call that past his best. In fact I think we got his best couple of years at Spurs.

Just had a little trip over to SC.
Trix has posted this in the last hour :
Right. Just spoke to my mate and he says there may be something in this. Says when he asked about it(jokingly) it was received with a deadpan expression, and the conversation was quickly moved on. He tried to bring it up again later and was told... "At the money we'd be willing to go to, there would be an awful lot of teams interested."
Certainly don't get your hopes up because there may well be nothing in it, but when my mate asked the question there was no definitive no. Usually there is when we have no interest at all.
Nice to see that Trix's imaginary friend is still mates with him.

Nice to see that Trix's imaginary friend is still mates with him.

I suppose you'd have to be a pretty lost cause if even your imaginary friends stopped being mates with you.

But it must be very useful having such a mate who can express ITK 'maybe' views just after a newspaper has published the story. (If I was on SC I would pribably be banned for saying that).

Not impressed by Gotze.

Chubby little fecker who constantly seems to pick up minor injuries. More interested in doughnuts than football

No thanks

Don't know much about him. To me he's that little fat kid that Germany bring on for the last 20 minutes, and he doesn't do much.

Don't know much about him. To me he's that little fat kid that Germany bring on for the last 20 minutes, and he doesn't do much.
even little fat kids can be destined for greatness one day. Take Neville Longbottom or chunk from the goonies as examples of this. And what better way to fight for an international place by signing for us and pitting yourself against Ozil and the Arsenal. Him coming here could be the best thing to ever happen to us/him. I am all for this as a pose to spunking 25 mil big ones on Wijnaldum.

The thing is, he won't be fat for long under Poch's training regime, so I wouldn't take that into the consideration. Get him in quick to trim the fat before the start of the season.

The thing is, he won't be fat for long under Poch's training regime, so I wouldn't take that into the consideration. Get him in quick to trim the fat before the start of the season.
super fat mario...We would just need to sign Luigi

Judging by that second Bild article could actually be a bit more feasible than I originally thought. Are they actually reliable paper over there, or German equivalent of The Sun?

Germans on r/soccer tend to agree that it's 'rumours' section is very Sun-ish....but also that definitive statements like 'Gotze's father met with Spurs' are usually sources from reliable information, unlike the general rumours section where they just put 'Spurs are believed to be interested in 'Gotze'. Also that Bild in particular is more reliable than Sportsbild (which apparently is crap), and that Bild have a good record of reliability when it comes to transfer news coming out of Bayern in particular.

Back