• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Good time to be an O2 customer?

Rob

Peter Taylor
Apparently about to be bought by 3 who are owned by Li Ka-Shing for £22.5Billion .... Ca-Shing!

3 are known for being a great cheap option with pretty crap network coverage, whereas O2 have fallen behind since the EE merger. Giffgaff also piggyback on O2 bandwidth as one of 3's biggest rivals in terms of their end of the market.

Fingers crossed all customers get the best of both worlds.

With the business merger happening, how long will an infrastructure merger take? And also the shared mobile network, how long did EE take before they provided dual network for all Orange and T-Mobile customers?

I am on o2 so am interested.

I'm on a SIM only deal on 3 and it is dirt cheap. This merger will be bad for consumers because it leaves us with only three major networks in the UK and the barriers to entry now are huge, so prices will be pushed up.

As am I to be honest I can't see why anyone wouldn't be.

Because they've done exactly what genie done years ago and become so popular that they can't cope hence we have lagging internet coverage when we're paying for unlimited... I would've said the same until the last twelve months - now I feel I'm being punished for introducing my friends to it! More friends, more users, less to go around...

What's Vodafone like nowadays? Before I left the country in 2010 I was with them. Always had really good coverage, especially noticeable when in areas where other providers failed, such as visiting my other half's parents in North Wales etc. More expensive than other tariffs and always had to threaten to leave them during upgrade time because they'd want to charge me for it, even though I'd been with them for a long time. But happy generally due to the deal I had and great coverage.

Since I've been back I've on 02 Business through work, it's pretty c a c k. No/slow coverage when in a phone-heavy area (gig/public transport etc). The last few months I get a text saying I've used all my data halfway through the month even though I have unlimited. Then it gets painfully slow or non-existent. Customer service leaves a lot to be desired too.

Voda isn't great - they tend to have one or two incidents every year which leave people with no network coverage for a minimum of 24 hours up to as much as about 72 hours!!! Calls on a landline to their customer service sees people being outright lied to as people obviously share their experiences on social media. Subsequently I know over a dozen people who have left them in the last 12 months. ....and my news feed is a happier place!

Back