• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Good Thai restaurants in London

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
I'm going to Thailand in April. Wanna try some Thai food before I go. Can anyone recommend some good restaurants? Preferably in Central ish London. Would appreciate any advice.

Whereabouts in Thailand? I found the restaurants here are far more refined than those in Thailand. But IMO the restaurants out there were so much better than the ones here. And Imodium is indeed your friend until your body adjusts

Thailand is fantastic mate, lived and worked there for a couple of years.
I'm yet to find an authentic Thai restaurant in London, where they don't cool it for western tastes.
Generally speaking the north of Thailand the food is less spicy, the "deep south " it can knock your socks off. ( don't go south east they have a civil war going on around the Malaysian border )
You can find any number of fairly mild dishes anywhere, try the night markets, but if you can stand the chilli I strongly recomend Padt pedt, It's ****ing hot but the flavours.......wow!!
Sorry I can't help with London restaurants, but in my experience they will not come close to how good the food in Thailand is.
Oh and you don't need Imodium, just drink enough Thai booze, it'll kill/ cure everything.
Have a great trip.

I dont know about you guys, but any alcohol intake was sweat through within about half an hour out there! I think I needed to drink 247 to avoid an episode. Only lasted a couple of days though.

Broke my toes and lost my big toe-nail in a freak accident on some slippery rocks in Koh Tao, but other than that had a fantastic time even thought I was immobilised for about a week!

As someone stated above, I haven't really found anything authentic in London to what you can find in Thailand, however a couple I have enjoyed are:

Thai Metro - Charlotte Street http://thaimetro.co.uk//

Rosa's Thai - Soho/Spitafields http://rosaslondon.com/soho/

Busaba - Soho http://busaba.com/#

Some more options for you...

Isarn in Islington

Sukho in Fulham

Bangkonk in South Ken

I love Thailand. Going back - although only for one night in Bangkok en route to elsewhere - in May.

The food in Thailand is fantastic and cheap. Stick to the no-frills local cafe style places where the Thais eat and you will not go wrong. Thai food is massively popular on the Gold Coast but it is still dumbed down for Australian taste buds so I have to ask for English hot whenever I order anything, they seem to understand that that means hotter than medium !!

When I was in London I found pubs did a reasonable take on traditional Thai food, one was the Sun and 13 Cantons (?) near Lexington St, not far from Regent Street. Another was the **** and Dragon out in ****fosters (3 minute walk from tube station)

Immodium's for wimps, just get used to havving an **** like a Japanese Flag!

I found the portion sizes were quite small so my tip is order 2 of everything, you get some strange looks as though you are a greedy westener, but all part of the fun

Back