• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Good places in Turkey.

Lilbaz

Tom Huddlestone
Flying to turkey today. Going Antayla. Never been to the country before.

Any recommendations for places to go fairly near to antayla or stay?

Got a hotel for the first night or 2. But after that i'm free to travel. Be by bus or train though.

Todays going to be a pain in the arse though. 5 hour flight sri lanka to dubai. 6hrs in dubai. Then another 4 and a half hour flight to antayla. Then immigration getting to the hotel. Been up 7 hours already and the flight isn't for another 4. I love/hate travelling.

Just going from interactions with my Turkish students, it might not hurt to go the extra mile and learn the current name of the country when visiting it.

Fair play on getting out there and enjoying it though, England is wet, cold and windy.

Istanbul has been on my to do list for ages, can't recommend anywhere as I've never been but have heard that their version of pizza is banging.

And the correct name of the city. Apart from that, you're doing great Barry.

Doing fantastic. Had a great night. Everyone here seems happy, helpful, kind and full of love. Really enjoying it.

So different from england. Where everyone seems bitter, angry and tries to have a dig at everything to try and make themselves feel superior.

Really don't want to go back. Hopefully might not have to.

And the correct name of the city. Apart from that, you're doing great Barry.

Are you suggesting that Turkey is incorrect and that I should spell it using their language and alphabet?

Ok.

I'll remember that going forward.

Are you suggesting that Turkey is incorrect and that I should spell it using their language and alphabet?

Ok.

I'll remember that going forward.

Antalya is very touristy. Big hotels some very impressive. Still very pretty, nice beach and even a waterfall all close by. Lots of Russian and Ukrainians have moved in since the war.

If you like historical sites there are several within about a hour and half drive. There is several small less touristy towns/cities near by, Side for instance is worth a visit which I think is about an hour away.

If you tell me what you like I can maybe suggest a few places.

Türkiye. You can use the English u if you like.

Ok so going forward every time you mention anotherr country are you going to spell it as it is in their country? Or city? I'd love us to have a preseason in bangkok. That would be fun.

Fyi Bangkok is Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

Think i'll stick to english names for places. But you lot fill your boots.

Last edited:
Antalya is very touristy. Big hotels some very impressive. Still very pretty, nice beach and even a waterfall all close by. Lots of Russian and Ukrainians have moved in since the war.

If you like historical sites there are several within about a hour and half drive. There is several small less touristy towns/cities near by, Side for instance is worth a visit which I think is about an hour away.

If you tell me what you like I can maybe suggest a few places.

Side has been recommended. As has Kas.

Last edited:
Ok so going forward every time you mention anotherr country are you going to spell it as it is in their country? Or city? I'd love us to have a preseason in bangkok. That would be fun.

Fyi Bangkok is Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.

Jesus mate, all the traveling you can possibly crowbar in to every single thread / topic hasn't softened you up has it?

The name of the country you're currently in is Turkiye. Some people appreciate getting taught correct and pertinent information but be prickly about it if you want I guess. Happy holidays.

Jesus mate, all the traveling you can possibly crowbar in to every single thread / topic hasn't softened you up has it?

The name of the country you're currently in is Turkiye. Some people appreciate getting taught correct and pertinent information but be prickly about it if you want I guess. Happy holidays.
You must be an absolute hoot at parties.

The English spelling is Turkiye. It’s just been changed for a number of social economic and cultural reasons that you wont be interested in.

Side has been recommended. As has Kas.

Kas is lovely at least it was the last time I went, but I thought it would be a bit far.

If you are going to kas you have to visit Patara, it’s absolutely amazing 17km of white sandy beach… unspoiled last time I went (which was a few years ago). There is/was a largely unexplored Ancient Greek city right on the sea front that you used to be able to just wonder around it was amazing.

You must be an absolute hoot at parties.

Thank you for the unsolicited yet completely accurate compliment.

Even sober I am the absolute fudging life and soul, I walk around correcting people who have the audacity to be incorrect about stuff, it goes down super well when dealing with intelligent people who are secure in themselves. The moody insecure folks don't take it quite as well but they'll come around eventually.

Anyway in kas now. Going to make my way home. Going to meet a mate in czech in a months time. So probably work my way up.

The internal debate whether to advise that Czech is the language not the country is very strong. It's like I'm baited in to it I swear ;)

fudging brilliant country full of brilliant people though, I earnestly hope it's a blast.

Back