• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

These look even nicer than my SM5's

http://www.golfwrx.com/205699/vokey-to-launch-new-line-of-tvd-wedges/

Screen-Shot-2014-04-28-at-5.50.05-PM-620x400.png

Screen-Shot-2014-04-28-at-5.50.23-PM-600x412.png

Oh come on, that's bogus! I can carry my driver 270, but I hit my 6 iron 170. On good days.

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk

Kaymer 5 shots clear going into the final round of the US Open, top player who is really getting back to the form he showed when he was number one a few years back

Kaymer 5 shots clear going into the final round of the US Open, top player who is really getting back to the form he showed when he was number one a few years back

His big mistake was a abandoning his cut/power fade and trying to draw it... All the best players play the cut : ) I went **** when I tried to play a draw as my standard shot.

His big mistake was a abandoning his cut/power fade and trying to draw it... All the best players play the cut : ) I went **** when I tried to play a draw as my standard shot.

Yeh exactly, they tinker though but that was such a dramatic change and it faffed him up for a good while

I do like watching him play

Great performance.

Been a few of these in recent US Opens, someone just takes the mick out the course whilst the rest struggle.

Imo its because the US Open course and set up is nothing like the regular PGA courses. The courses they play every week are lush, receptive with generally flat greens... Driver, wedge golf. Golfers on the PGA tour, are generally very one dimensional.

Over hee in Europe the courses are much more varied with different conditions every week. Our golfers have a much better skill set and course management.

Could not agree more about the American v Europe set up....

That week in week out stuff on the PGA Tour is great tele and it makes alot of men rich but as Donaldson proved its not that hard a switch....

I'll do a recap from yesterday's 9 for you. I may be weird, but I sometimes enjoy reading hole by hole from fellow amateurs.

As usual, straight from the car and onto the first tee. Par 35.

Hole 1 - Par 4 dogleg left.

1. I pull my 7i from the bag for the 160y layup. Nice and easy...pushed it 30 yards right and I end up in the bushes.
2. Find the ball in a semi decent lie, punched it out with a 9i.
3. 110y out, PW time. Shanked it! Into the trees, but I saw it drop to the forest bed, should find it.
4. Found it in a lingonberry bush, roughly 30y from the green. Tried to hit it low under some branches with an 8i, struck some leaves and wound up on the fringe of the green.
5. Chip to 4 feet.
6. In the hole.

Hole 2 - Short downhill par 3.

1. Playing it safe with a soft 9i, landing it 10 feet from the hole.
2. Putt to 1".
3. Tap in.

Hole 3 - Weak dogleg left slightly uphill par 4.

1. fybrid to right fairway bunker.
2. 160y out, 7i. Topped it, runs slowly through the semi rough.
3. 110y out, PW onto the green.
4. Lenghty putt, probably 45 feet. Right on the line but 1 foot short.
5. Tap in.

Hole 4 - 540y par 5, downhill.

1. Good length on the drive but lands it in some crappery on the left side.
2. Dig it out with my PW to 170y.
3. Strike my 7i ok, landing just short of the green and get a strange bounce rolling over the green.
4. Chip hits the flag.
5. 3 feet for par.

Hole 5 - par 4 to an elevated green.

1. Hit my 19 degree fybrid high and end up 170y out.
2. Pull my 6i and hit it pure landing at the back of the green, rolling into some semi rough.
3. Chip it past the hole, 13-14 feet left for par.
4. Malfunction, putter fails the deliver. Now 6 feet left for bogey.
5. Rolled it in.

Hole 6 - toughest hole on front, 430 yard par 4 with O.B. left and right and water in front of the green.

1. Fybrid to fairway.
2. 190y out, smooth little hybrid. Waaaay left, do'h!
3. 70 yard pitch to the flag. Did I just shank that? Oh yes. 2 feet short of the green.
4. 50 yard putt. Duffed it. Fantastic.
5. 30 yard putt, pretty damn close.
6. Tap in.

Hole 7 - Dogleg right par 4.

1. Fybrid to centre fairway.
2. 165y a little tailwind. 8i just short of the green.
3. Chip to 3 feet.
4. Par.

Hole 8 - downhill 165y par 3.

1. Pushed an 8i and came up a bit short in some crappery.
2. Chip 12 feet past the hole.
3. Putt.
4. Tap in.

Hole 9 - Dogleg right, uphill 425y par 4.

1. fybrid to fairway, nice shot.
2. 175y uphill. time to see if the 6i on 5 was a fluke. It was. Pushed it and landed a tad short.
3. Good chip, but no roll makes it a bit short.
4. Good putt to 3 feet.
5. Comfortable bogey.

Total: 43 strokes, 19p.

Paddypower & Bet365 are paying 1/4 odds and 7 places for The Open

I've just backed Justin Rose at 16/1, won in the US recently and playing very well today to be leading the Scottish Open too

Back