• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going to London tomorrow... What to do?

Eriktheviking

Goran Bunjevcevic
going to watch Ben Folds tomorrow at the Royal Opera House at 1930 but will arrive in London at lunch time. Anyone got any suggestions of what to do? It's summer holidays so think the museums will be busy. We have been to most of the bigger screen attractions/landmarks anyway. Any locals got any suggestion?

Definately going to Bierschenke!

Beware of pickpockets on the tube - take it from someone who has lived in London all his life and uses the tube every day.

Go to Bodean's in Soho or Tower Hill if you're a fan of BBQ.

Other than that, you can't really go wrong with the touristy stuff:

Covent Garden
Camden
Shoreditch
Green Park
Go to the theatre if you can get some tickets
London Eye

Go to Bodean's in Soho or Tower Hill if you're a fan of BBQ.

Other than that, you can't really go wrong with the touristy stuff:

Covent Garden
Camden
Shoreditch
Green Park
Go to the theatre if you can get some tickets
London Eye

Doesn't it take bloody ages to queue for the Eye and it's also school hols? There's plenty of skyscrapers to get a view from now, go to one of them for food (you'll have to book) rather than pay for the viewing pass. My pick would be the Walkie Talkie, so that you don't have to look at the Walkie Talkie*

*I've no idea if there's a restaurant in the Walkie Talkie.

going to watch Ben Folds tomorrow at the Royal Opera House at 1930 but will arrive in London at lunch time. Anyone got any suggestions of what to do? It's summer holidays so think the museums will be busy. We have been to most of the bigger screen attractions/landmarks anyway. Any locals got any suggestion?

The Royal Opera House has a nice roof terrace bar with good views across Covent Garden towards Trafalgar Square. I would say that it is worth getting there a little early to have a drink or two there.

Go for a beer at the restaurant in the Shard, half as high as the viewing deck but free to get in and still great views. You can spend the £25 you would have spent going to the viewing deck on beer instead. Or go for a stroll up Primrose Hill, lovely views back to London.

Greenwich is good for a few hours milling around, some good pubs and then up to the observatory for good views over London

Go for a beer at the restaurant in the Shard, half as high as the viewing deck but free to get in and still great views. You can spend the £25 you would have spent going to the viewing deck on beer instead. Or go for a stroll up Primrose Hill, lovely views back to London.
This is what I was referring to. Food there is good/reasonable too.

Doesn't it take bloody ages to queue for the Eye and it's also school hols? There's plenty of skyscrapers to get a view from now, go to one of them for food (you'll have to book) rather than pay for the viewing pass. My pick would be the Walkie Talkie, so that you don't have to look at the Walkie Talkie*

*I've no idea if there's a restaurant in the Walkie Talkie.

The Royal Opera House has a nice roof terrace bar with good views across Covent Garden towards Trafalgar Square. I would say that it is worth getting there a little early to have a drink or two there.
If it's a view you're after you could get a drink at Galvin at Windows. It's on the top floor of the Park Lane Hilton.

Not exactly pub prices but probably a good value way to get a 360 degree view of London.

Without wanting to put a downer on your day......the weather looks pants tomorrow, so the indoor options may be your best bet.

Perhaps a leisurely afternoon underneath the arches at Borough market....with a spot of lunch.

Great high class ladies of the night on display as well
I stay at that hotel quite often - often enough to get comped into a suite most times.

You would'nt believe what's on offer there. Although equal quality is on offer in the cellar at Whisky Mist if you don't mind buying a table and some Champagne.

Back