• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going to Brighton tomorrow... What to do and where to eat?

Eriktheviking

Goran Bunjevcevic
I know a few of you are quite familiar with the area. The Mrs and I are going for a day out, how would you recommend we spend the day?

If you're standing waiting for a taxi, don't spit in front of a bloke in womens tights, FFS.

It's about fifteen minutes walk from the front, so maybe not the easiest place to check out in passing. If you are with the missus, I'd see what takes her fancy around the Lanes. There are loads of good places around there. There is a good sushi place I've been to around there but I'm buggered if I can remember the name.

Indian Summer in the lanes is my favourite place to eat in the whole of the UK.

I would avoid the Marina the is nothing there to see i find the place ugly.

Milo is the Sushi place your thinking of behind the Thistle Hotel near the seafront? im not keen on sushi so im not sure which one you mean.

For the original poster i would probably start the day off in the "north laines" and head through the streets towards the seafront.

The best lunch i have had in Brighton is in Gardner street in the north laines at the Dorset street bar, do the best steaks sandwiches in town in my opinion.

A bit further out of town or on your way into the town if you drive in and don't take the train is an independent cinema called the Duke of York where usually has a good range of films on offer if it is raining.

Very near the railway station there is a pub called The Pond, upstairs is a lovely Thai restaurant (called the sing Thai I believe). Very, very nice. Clean, friendly but quite small.
Bill's is nice, great home cooked food and The Chilli Pepper Indian restaurant is very classy, posh curry, you might get in without a booking on a weekday but at the weekend forget it.

There's also Jamie's Italian Dow the lanes as well, one of my favourite restaurants in Brighton.

It's about fifteen minutes walk from the front, so maybe not the easiest place to check out in passing. If you are with the missus, I'd see what takes her fancy around the Lanes. There are loads of good places around there. There is a good sushi place I've been to around there but I'm buggered if I can remember the name.

Moshi Moshi behind the Thistle Hotel probably? It's a good restaurant. Dont forget to do both south Lanes and north Lanes. North side is much more boho and has some cool individual shops. South Lanes probably has the stossier restaurants, there's a Browns down there as you come out of the Lanes movin towards the shopping centre. If the weather is nice, don't be fooled by the beach, about a metre into the water there is a flat sandy bottom that you can wade out in for quite a distance.

Check out the Royal Pavillion and the gardens there and you might find a good busker (sp?) on New Road which runs adjacent.

All great suggestions guys. Thanks. On our way now and have just remembered Arundel Castle is on the way - Wanted to see that for a while.

Went to Chichester the other week, loved that.

Back