• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glory-Glory Fantasy Football 2013/2014

Made some transfers.

Mignolet
Zabaleta Baines Koscielny Jagielka
Mata Pienaar Navas Dembele
Anelka Berbatov

Bench
Boruc Vertoghen Lucas Benteke

Arsenal players? I refuse, even though their defence plus Giroud/Walcott are good value.

You spent 7m on a defender, 9m on a striker and you're benching them. I'd stick with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation, this is fantasy league not real life and midfielders/attackers will always get you more points.

Dembele and Lucas won't get you many points.

Generally ok, needs tweaking.

All in my opinion, others will disagree.

Those players could be on the bench as Vertonghen is injured and Villa play Arsenal first game. Often best to rotate the team on the squad depending on who's available and who's more likely to earn points in their respective fixture...and Benteke is suspended first game, I think.

Those players could be on the bench as Vertonghen is injured and Villa play Arsenal first game. Often best to rotate the team on the squad depending on who's available and who's more likely to earn points in their respective fixture...and Benteke is suspended first game, I think.

Why not just transfer them in when they are available then? You could stick two 4m players on the bench instead and save 8m to buy RVP or Bale and have money left over.

More changes to my side:

Vorm
Baines - Sktl - Shaw
Mata - Coutinho - Michu - Silva
Anelka - Lukaku - Soldado​

Looks good, your bench is all 4m players then?

Kacaniklic from Fulham
Manolev from Fulham
Turner from Cardiff

I usually make transfers each week based on whos playing who. So if I think Bony might punish Hull or something then I'll put him in for someone. I don't pay attention to my bench, I rarely care or use them.

Kacaniklic from Fulham
Manolev from Fulham
Turner from Cardiff

I usually make transfers each week based on whos playing who. So if I think Bony might punish Hull or something then I'll put him in for someone. I don't pay attention to my bench, I rarely care or use them.

How confident are you that Mata and Lukaku will get game time then? Bearing in mind you will need to transfer them both out on gameweek 3 so this is going to be your team for the first two weeks. Also have you seen who Swansea play in gameweek 1 & 2?

How confident are you that Mata and Lukaku will get game time then? Bearing in mind you will need to transfer them both out on gameweek 3 so this is going to be your team for the first two weeks. Also have you seen who Swansea play in gameweek 1 & 2?

Yeah they have a tinkle poor Man Utd team and us. Don't see what that has to do with anything, Michu has scored goals against both clubs in the past. Why wouldn't Mata get game time, he's one of, if not the best footballer in the Premier League.

Lukaku has been picked because they play Hull and he has scored goals for fun in pre-season. Mourinho isn't a spastic.

Why not just transfer them in when they are available then? You could stick two 4m players on the bench instead and save 8m to buy RVP or Bale and have money left over.

Because it loses value transferring players out. You usually sell a player for less than his worth, so if you know the players will be available inside the first 2 or 3 games, and you want them for the rest of the season, it might be worth signing them now.

Yeah they have a tinkle poor Man Utd team and us. Don't see what that has to do with anything, Michu has scored goals against both clubs in the past.

Ok.

Why wouldn't Mata get game time, he's one of, if not the best footballer in the Premier League.

Because he's currently injured and not played in pre-season yet.

Lukaku has been picked because they play Hull and he has scored goals for fun in pre-season. Mourinho isn't a spastic.

Mourinho has only been playing 1 up front which would mean Demba Ba and Torres are also vying for that spot.

I was only giving an opinion, this is the last you'll hear from me seeing as you're so fudging agressive in your replies.

Last edited:
Because it loses value transferring players out. You usually sell a player for less than his worth, so if you know the players will be available inside the first 2 or 3 games, and you want them for the rest of the season, it might be worth signing them now.

Players don't usually lose or gain value unless they've had a stormer or a stinker and usually it takes a few gameweeks anyway. Plus it's all part of playing the fantasy league, you're basically suggesting you should never transfer players in or out unless they are injured or suspended for a long period.

Players don't usually lose or gain value unless they've had a stormer or a stinker and usually it takes a few gameweeks anyway. Plus it's all part of playing the fantasy league, you're basically suggesting you should never transfer players in or out unless they are injured or suspended for a long period.

No, when you make a transfer, there's a level of commission lost on your player's value. I can't remember how much but I think it's to give people more of a chance who perhaps stick with the same team for longer.

I agree with making transfers when appropriate. I think it's good to shuffle the pack but I think it's important to have a solid foundation to the pack. You should aim for at most one transfer a game week. Any more than that costs points, unless you have accrued transfers from previous game weeks or use your Wildcard.

If Vertonghen and Benteke are to be there for a good while then why not bring them in now? They can drop in to place when available.

And to think, it's not even my team strategy that I'm defending but trying to suggest reasons why someone might choose to follow that approach.

This was my line of thought yes.

I keep changing my team, finding ways to hopefully tweak it for the better. No doubt though that my original team goes on to have a stormer of a season whilst my new team just crashes badly.

Capture.jpg

ok thats a bit small and no idea how to enlarge so .....

Mignolet
Toure - Zabaleta - Mertesacker
Arteta - Fellaini - Paulinho - Carrick
Van Persie - Saldado - Negredo

Subs - Steve Harper GL, Danny Gabiddon DF, James Chester DF, Jerome Thomas MF

Last edited:
Back