• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

We can see both sides of this.

Lo Celso is Betis' Bale.

The most saleable asset they have had in years, who the recognise they can sell and rebuild half the team off of the back of.

They have already replaced him with Fekir, bought a couple of others and are eyeing up a striker (iirc) and so want MAXIMUM profit on Lo Celso.

Naturally we dont want to pay any more than we really have to, and so of course it becomes a bit of a poker game.

Its disappointing it hasnt happened yet, but its far from a write off at this point and the most important thing is to ultimately get the player in - assuming he is a main requirement for Poch

Although, all press does seem to indicate Betis arent completely unreasonable.

There were articles a couple of weeks back to the effect of Betis agreeing with Lo Celso they will sell, they will ask their price and if no one meets it negotiate with whoever comes closest.

And not this:

Betis lower asking price
Real Betis have reportedly lowered their asking price for Junior Firpo following interest from Barcelona .

The 22-year-old was the subject of enquiries from Liverpool and Man Utd previously, but both were put off by Betis’ high valuation of the player.

Now publication Sport report via Sports Mole that interest from Barca has made Betis lower their demands to £23 million for any potential suitors.

You are correct it's about getting the player in, at the same time getting that player in with enough time that they have adapted and acclimatised to the expectations that Poch will place upon them.

It's really no good signing a player 3 games I to the season or thankfully now the day before the season starts when it means they won't be up to speed with the requirements nor have had any meaningful time getting to know the movements and patterns of their team mates.

Teams that have serious aspirations always bring in players early enough they have real time to develop. Levy rarely does this, sure you'll argue it's about the funds and the costs, but if we don't have the money to buy a player move on and buy someone we can afford in a reasonable time frame. Levy has been doing this for over 10 years he needs to understand that he is constantly hampering the football side of this club despite the good things he is doing for its commercial operations.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Its not ideal to be late in the window, but its not the end of the world either.

The most important signing was NDombele, he was in early and has been training with the team for weeks.

The team that finished the season with NDombele in for Sissoko, with a proper amount of rest and Pre season is more than good enough to start the coming season.

Lo Celso (and whoever else comes) can take a little time to bed in, sub appearances etc, until they are up to speed.

We have an excellent team already, gone are the days when we HAD to buy to try and be competitive.

Last edited:
You are correct it's about getting the player in, at the same time getting that player in with enough time that they have adapted and acclimatised to the expectations that Poch will place upon them.

It's really no good signing a player 3 games I to the season or thankfully now the day before the season starts when it means they won't be up to speed with the requirements nor have had any meaningful time getting to know the movements and patterns of their team mates.

Teams that have serious aspirations always bring in players early enough they have real time to develop. Levy rarely does this, sure you'll argue it's about the funds and the costs, but if we don't have the money to buy a player move on and buy someone we can afford in a reasonable time frame. Levy has been doing this for over 10 years he needs to understand that he is constantly hampering the football side of this club despite the good things he is doing for its commercial operations.

Having played in the copa America he was never going to be here for pre season, so no rush as long as we get him before the window closes.

Poch doesn't play new signings for about 6 months anyway. And we already have 5 excellent AMs he's going to start beneath in the pecking order

Poch doesn't play new signings for about 6 months anyway. And we already have 5 excellent AMs he's going to start beneath in the pecking order
He doesnt start them largely because they never get a preseason with him.

I would also disagree with the word excellent, but that is a matter of opinion.

I really hope we sign Lo Checho..or whatever his name is... because all though we are quite strong and powerful .....we lack a some flair in the Team!

Back