• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georges-Kévin NKoudou

I was really pleased with him yesterday.

First up, right now, I think the lad has 0 killer instinct, he seems far too nice.

That said, I was impressed last night.

He ran and ran and ran...

So enthusiastically involved. So many runs beyond the ball/into the box/beyond our attackers.

Some really nice passing and interplay, a few decent dribbles.

Put it this way, if we had just bought him and it was his first appearance I would be so happy we have a player full of promise.

Think he was told to make things happen not be a passenger, he was definitely trying to hard and not playing the pass when it was on but I think this had to do with instruction.

I was really pleased with him yesterday.

First up, right now, I think the lad has 0 killer instinct, he seems far too nice.

That said, I was impressed last night.

He ran and ran and ran...

So enthusiastically involved. So many runs beyond the ball/into the box/beyond our attackers.

Some really nice passing and interplay, a few decent dribbles.

Put it this way, if we had just bought him and it was his first appearance I would be so happy we have a player full of promise.
He's clearly got something about him, lets see how he develops rather than just throw him on the conveyor belt like N'Jie et al.

He could potentially be a Son understudy, he makes runs between midfield and the striker area which makes him hard to pick up and clearly has some ball skills too....

His movement was better in the second half, our method of play does not suit an out and out winger and any attacking player must be able to create space for others and interchange positions. I thought in the first half Rose and Dele were in the areas he wanted to be attacking and that limited his play.

That's the issue, he needs games to develop, and he's not good enough to get them with the first team. Loan in Jan?

NSR but a Koudou is a South African antelope . It makes excellent venison! Shame he is not a cheetah. We need a killer with lightning pace. Hope he can become one in the very near future!

Thought he was good yesterday and for the first time since I have seen him play was willing to take on defenders at every opportunity. We noticeably troubled Apoel with the pace of Nkoudou and Son in the first 20-30 minutes helped by Aurier and Rose as well. Hopefully we will now see him more regularly on the bench this season as he is a useful option to come on when defences are tiring. I can never see the point of having 1 central defender and 2 full backs on a 7 man bench and the presence of Nkoudou would give us more options

I actually didn't think he played that well last night. He either looks a bit lost or maybe it's someone that is struggling with not having the confidence of the manager.

If you look back at some of his cameos last season he looked full of confidence and excited to be on the field. He successfully took people on and showed his pace ableit as an out and out winger. As others have said that is not what we use or need so maybe he has struggled with the instruction to mix his game up.

The conundrum is will he get time on the pitch to develop? I've always liked him, basically because he is technically good and has pace to burn (undoubtedly lacking in the squad), but he appears to have been readily dismissed by supporters when he has done little wrong or more accurately, little chance to do anything wrong.

I didnt see that in him at all. He looked really positive to me. And carried on making run after run even though countless runs went unrewarded, always a good sign IMO.

He tried really hard to be involved, and showed plenty of nice moments, I thought.

If anything, the only real negative I saw, was that he seemed to lack a killer instinct - seemed too nice.

Probably get shot down for this but we could probably do with him playing tomorrow,. Having a bit of width and pace on the wings is something that I think we always miss against brick teams like Stoke. West Brom and Swansea is a prime example.

I think its quite possible he has played his way into coming off the bench, but he wont start at all.

And its more likely we'll see Lamela before him, so if he does get on it wont be for long.

Irrespective of ability, one fundamental problem with him is that he's an out and out winger who hugs the touchline. We've never played with them under Poch and he shipped out the two wingers which we had when he arrived (Lennon and Townsend), admittedly though for reasons in addition to positional. And not only do we not play with wingers, a winger like GKN takes up the space which Rose uses so effectively that actually including him is counterproductive

Last edited:
Irrespective of ability, one fundamental problem with him is that he's an out and out winger who hugs the touchline. We've never played with them under Poch and he shipped out the two wingers which we had when he arrived (Lennon and Townsend), admittedly though for reasons in addition to positional. And not only do we not play with wingers, a winger like GKN takes up the space which Rose uses so effectively that actually including him is counterproductive
I thought he cut in and switched positions a bit against APOEL. Enough to show that he has that in him, though perhaps he needs to adapt even more and get more game time to do that regularly in the league for us.

No doubt he has some way to go before he can be expected to make a regular impact for us in the league. But he showed some promise in that game scoring one, being unlucky to have another cleared off the line. He has shown that he's very capable of using his dribbling and pace to go past even good players.

More importantly perhaps he worked his socks off. He seemed motivated, Pochettino praised his performances in training. To play for us that's necessary.

Will be interesting to see if he's given more game time against Stoke or Brighton. Time for him to start making an impact if he's going to make it with us. A season and a half at the club and he turns 23 this winter.

Will be interesting to see if he's given more game time against Stoke or Brighton. Time for him to start making an impact if he's going to make it with us. A season and a half at the club and he turns 23 this winter.

I think his first challenge is to get on the bench, let alone the pitch. Assuming we go 3-5-2 and with Poch typically naming 3 defenders on the bench, thats 5 starting midfielder or attacker spots, plus 3 on the bench. And I'd say that Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Winks and Dembele will all be ahead of him

I think his first challenge is to get on the bench, let alone the pitch. Assuming we go 3-5-2 and with Poch typically naming 3 defenders on the bench, thats 5 starting midfielder or attacker spots, plus 3 on the bench. And I'd say that Kane, Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela, Sissoko, Winks and Dembele will all be ahead of him
Depends on how we line up without Sanchez, Alderweireld and Wanyama. I think we'll find room for him if we want to. If KWP is preferred on the bench over Nkoudou it doesn't look good for him making it with us?

Out and out winger he may be but he came inside a fair bit on Wednesday night. Including when he scored. :D

Given comments by Poch recently it seems his attitude has changed (or improved) and Poch seems happier with him, he's mentioned him in a couple of news conferences now. Definitely offers something different, lets see if he gets minutes tomorrow.

Back