• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Geordie in Peace

cheers for the link - how do you and your supporters in general answer the questions you posted?
Haven't put it to them as yet, but the consensus about where we'll finish seems to be around midtable. Some excitable folk are proclaiming Europe is in our grasp and some self-flagellating maniacs are proclaiming relegation, doom, rack and ruin.

I have a reverse question. With the loan of Remy and the likely signing of Gomis. The Saudi Sportswashing Machine team is going to be nearly all French. Does this bother you? And what has happened to the formerr conveyor belt of Geordie talent.

Doesn't bother me at all. Of course seeing a local lad pull on the shirt and do well is great, but it's the modern Premiership where the inflated costs of English players is prohibitive and you can pick up the likes of both Ben Arfa & Cabaye for less than the cost of James McCarthy...

We still have some decent youngsters coming though. Trouble is, we haven't the strength in depth to get away with starting our kids in the league & we're not in the cups long enough to play them more than once, so we have to send them out on loan. Vuckic (good player but a bit of a crock), Abeid (impressive but needs to mature), Sammy Ameobi (raw talent and got to avoid comparisons with his brother), Ferguson (not convinced by him at all), Good (see nothing in him) have all been farmed out and have had fair to middling success. Two or three are getting a lot of attention though; Adam Campbell up front, Paul Dummet at full back. The former is very highly rated up here, he won the same award Messi did (MVP at the Nike Premier Cup Tournament) and in his brief appearances has looked assured. The latter played for St Mirren last season and got decent reviews. However, we've seen too many lads show promise and do nothing to get our hopes up. For every Steven Taylor there's a James McClen.

Course I'd love to see new versions of Beardsley, Gascoigne, etc. but lets be honest how likely is that?

Haven't put it to them as yet, but the consensus about where we'll finish seems to be around midtable. Some excitable folk are proclaiming Europe is in our grasp and some self-flagellating maniacs are proclaiming relegation, doom, rack and ruin.

Doesn't bother me at all. Of course seeing a local lad pull on the shirt and do well is great, but it's the modern Premiership where the inflated costs of English players is prohibitive and you can pick up the likes of both Ben Arfa & Cabaye for less than the cost of James McCarthy...

We still have some decent youngsters coming though. Trouble is, we haven't the strength in depth to get away with starting our kids in the league & we're not in the cups long enough to play them more than once, so we have to send them out on loan. Vuckic (good player but a bit of a crock), Abeid (impressive but needs to mature), Sammy Ameobi (raw talent and got to avoid comparisons with his brother), Ferguson (not convinced by him at all), Good (see nothing in him) have all been farmed out and have had fair to middling success. Two or three are getting a lot of attention though; Adam Campbell up front, Paul Dummet at full back. The former is very highly rated up here, he won the same award Messi did (MVP at the Nike Premier Cup Tournament) and in his brief appearances has looked assured. The latter played for St Mirren last season and got decent reviews. However, we've seen too many lads show promise and do nothing to get our hopes up. For every Steven Taylor there's a James McClen.

Course I'd love to see new versions of Beardsley, Gascoigne, etc. but lets be honest how likely is that?

Havent you got another young striker prospect, name escapes me but I didnt think it was Campbell, think he scored a hat-trick for your U21s when they beat ours 7-4 (or some score like that) early last season

All right lads?

I'll be putting another survey up before Sunday, but thought it reasonable to ask if you guys had any questions you wanted me to put to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans?

Also, is there a particular question you're ****ing sick of answering that I should avoid (I'm guessing the Bale departure has been done to death)?

Cheers

All right lads?

I'll be putting another survey up before Sunday, but thought it reasonable to ask if you guys had any questions you wanted me to put to the Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans?

Also, is there a particular question you're ****ing sick of answering that I should avoid (I'm guessing the Bale departure has been done to death)?

Cheers

What are your thoughts on Pardew?
What position are you most needing to strengthen in January?
What the hell has happened to Cisse?

What do you think about the current policy of harvesting French (speaking?) talent?
Have you stabilised as a club, following the trauma of 2009 and thereabouts?
Are you worried that Sunderland's superb form could see them challenge for a top-18 place?

I've put those questions to the lads on Toontastic.net and I'll get a few answers back on here when I can.

Back