• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Geordie in Peace

The Fish

Kazuyuki Toda
All right lads,

I'm annoying other fans by asking a few questions before the season kicks off and all joy is sucked out of football for another year.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season?

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this?

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing?

Which of your players do you predict having a big season?

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season?

Which fixtures do you immediately look for?

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least?

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side?

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers. I'll be back here to collate them before sticking them on a Saudi Sportswashing Machine site before the season kicks off.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? Realistic Title Challangers

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? A Striker or two and perhaps a right winger

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? Paulinho

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? Paulinho, Kaboul, Sandro and, of course, Bale

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? Adebayor, if he's still with us

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? NLD, Utd, City, West Ham

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? Most: Emirates. Least: We haven't beaten Chelsea away during the PL Era

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? 5-0 home win, February 2012

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? Ploy to force Pardew out

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? Patinkle Cissé, Moussa Sissoko and Hatem Ben Arfa would probably make our squad of 25

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? Mediocre manager

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will struggle again but will probably avoid the drop

1) Top four
2) A striker
3) Paulinho (obviously). van Wolfswinkel. Jesus Navas. Nathan Redmond. Wanyama. Wilfried Bony.
4) Sandro and Kaboul on their return from long term injuries. Also Tom Carroll to hopefully play a bigger role.
5) Hopefully none! Parker and Huddlestone if they stay will see little action.
6) The North London Derby.
7) Hate the trip to Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland. That and away to Chelsea. We never get much there.
8) 5-0 a couple of years ago.
9) Kinnear is a fudging fruit loop. I have no idea what he's doing there.
10) Cisse, Ben Arfa or Cabaye.
11) He's an ok manager. I don't particularly remember him saying anything horrible about us (which stands to reason as an ex player).
12) 7th or 8th. They're a better side than they showed last year, but the 5th the year before that flattered them. Not a lot of depth.

1) Top 4

2) Striker is the first priority and an inside forward to play alongside Bale is another priority (4-3-3)

3) Paulinho of Course. Hmmmm want to see what the fuss is about with Wilfried Bony.

4) Dembele. I think with Paulinho coming in and us probably playing a 3 man midfield he will have a lot more freedom.

5) Kaboul. Don't know why as i rate him but i would say either him or Walker.

6) Gooner scum.

7) most = don't know....least = probably Chelski as our record there is brick.

8) the 0-1 win when Atouba scored at SJP.

9) Extremely funny tbh. I genuinely think Ashley has done this in order to get Pardew out otherwise it makes no sense at all.

10) Hmmm Ben Arfa could do a good job in the right or left hand side position of a front 3.

11) I thought you finished 5th in spite of him and i don't rate him at all. Is he aware you can make substitutions when things are not going well?

12) Depends who you sign tbh...as of right now i would say bottom half.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? We'll be battling for 5th place with Liverpool. Bale stays fit and we'll get it. If he isn't fit then 6th place is more likely.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? Our current squad can already achieve this, but regardless who we purchase Arsenal will also strengthen and I think the gap between us and them will widen in their favour. We really too heavily on one player.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? Paulinho

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? Lloris and Bale

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? Dembele and Kaboul

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? Our fixtures vs Arsenal

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? Paradox, because it's Arsenal away on both counts!

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? 4-2 win against Saudi Sportswashing Machine in 1994, but the thrashing Saudi Sportswashing Machine gave us when George Graham was in charge also sticks in my mind for all the wrong reasons

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? Brendan Rodgers showed to the world he was a complete clown in Liverpool's documentary last season, but is a great manager who I think will have Liverpool in the top four in the next three seasons. Kinnear has come across as a clown but the proof is in the pudding and it's too early to judge whether he will be a success/failure or not.

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? Cabaye for sure. I think he is a very good player.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? I think he is a good Manager and he stands his ground.

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? Momentum can be everything and last season Saudi Sportswashing Machine failed to find it, mainly due to injuries. This season I expect them to bounce back and be challenging top six. The competition in the mid-table area of the Premiership is the weakest it has been for years, probably the weakest since the Premiership began, so even if Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a poor season I can still see them finishing no lower than 8th. Plenty of easy points to pick up this season, just like last year.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? - Challenge for, but not win, the title (probably finish 3rd)

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? - An intelligent goalscoring CF and creative left inside-forward

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? - Paulinho

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? - Sandro, Holtby

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? - Any of Defoe, Parker or Huddlestone left at the club after deadline day. I also think Rose will fail to dislodge BAE, and Dempsey will fall behind Siggy in the pecking order

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? - Arsenal H & A and away matches near me

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? - most Arsenal, least West Ham/Stoke (I hate us playing rugby teams, though we are much better equipped now than traditionally).

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? - I remember your first ever EPL match when Sheringham scored our winner

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? - Kinnear is obviously a yid (technically so is Pardew, but to nowhere near the same extent) and a decent manager in his day, but it's a bizarre situation

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? - Cabaye as a ball player

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? - I find him a bit embarrassing/cringeworthy - I think of him along with the likes of Phil Brown. In the mind games stakes I would see him as a lightweight. But then we're now used to the sophistication of AVB

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? 8th-12th

Last edited:
What's a realistic aim for your team this season? Realistic? Depends heavily on the signings we make. Currently i would go challenging for top four. If we get one or two moves right in the transfer window i could see us ending up third, however i don't see us breaking the top two with our finite resources unless they fudge up significantly.

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? Up Front and wide left. Sounds silly with Bale, but i don't think he'll play out left which leaves us a bit bare out there. Up front is easy, Adebayor can't be relied upon consistantly and Defoe doesn't really add much.

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? Paulinho. :p Bony should be an interesting one to watch though, as should Wanyama.

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? Sandro. He was beasting last season until his knee went. If Sandro plays well then Dembele will also play well. Bale is the obvious one though.

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? Lennon. I don't think he's going to have much of an impact. Partly due to how i think we'll set up, and party because he often starts brightly, and then just fades out.

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? Arsenal v Spurs. Cardiff v Swansea should be one of the history books, first welsh derby in the premier era.

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? Most? Crystal palace. As it's when the season gets under way. Least has to be Manchester United, our record away there is dire bar the win we managed to sneak last season.

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Recent. We hammered you 5-0. Adebayor showed how good a striker he could be if he wanted to be.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? If he'd come in and just knuckled down and tried to do his job it would have been alright. However the mouthing off and blatant lying in the media makes it laughable.

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? On ability i would go with Cabaye or Sissoko. However in reality midfield in where we have strength in depth already.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? He's alright. I'd currently go with average, he had a good season to hit fifth and then was a bit unlucky last season with the number of injuries that occurred at the same time.

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? Higher than last. Somewhere around mid table. 7th to 11th.

4th
Striker
Paulinho
Bale, Kaboul, Sandro
Defoe, Dempsey
Arsenal, Man U, chelsea
Arsenal most, stoke least
5-0 2012(though we imploded after that)
Ashley wants pardew out send in the clown
Cisse
Think he's an average manager that got lucky when you guys finished 5th
Just below mid table

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? TOP FOUR AND THEN WE'LL SEE

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? STRIKERS

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? PAULINHO AND ANYBODY ELSE WE SIGN

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? BALE, PAULINHO, KABOUL, DEMBELE, LLORIS, DAWSON, VERTS

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? NONE. ALTHOUGH DEFOE & FRIEDEL MAY BE DISAPPOINTED

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? GOONERS, CHELSEA, WEST HAM AT HOME. NEWLY PROMOTED CLUBS AND ANYTHING WITHIN 100 MILES RADIUS OF LEEDS AWAY.

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? MAN. UTD. IN BOTH CASES.

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? WHO?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? ASHLEY'S BROUGHT HIM IN TO ACT LIKE A TROLL AND TAKE THE HEAT OFF HIMSELF. HE'S DOING A GOOD JOB

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? GAZZA, WADDLE, GINOLA....OH! NOBODY IN YOUR CURRENT SQUAD UNFORTUNATELY. SOZ

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE MANAGER, WITH A BAD MOUTH, WHO THINKS HE'S BETTER THAN HE ACTUALLY IS

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? MID-TABLE. WHERE IN THAT BRACKET DEPENDS LARGELY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER AROUND YOU.

Last edited:
Top four.

CF/inside left

Paulinho

Bale, Paulinho, Sandro, Kaboul, and if we get the right forward(s) in, them.

All the usual suspects, if they're still with us: Defoe, Ade, Parker, etc.

Arse H & A

Don't go away much these days, since the club stopped laying on travel you could book with your ticket application. I like going to Craven Cottage, though. I hate Stamford Bridge.

They're usually enjoyable games. Our recent 5-0 sticks in the mind, obviously, but so does the 7-1 drubbing we took from Keegan's side at St James's under Francis. The last time I visited SJP was back in the Francis era, just before Gross took over. We lost 1-0, I think, but we won the return match towards the end of the season in the run of games that included our 6-2 win at Selhurst, when I remember Gross standing on the touchline with a face like a spanked arse while Juergen Klinsmann ripped up his game plan to put an end to our relegation fears.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle?
The most likely explanation is it's a ploy to get Pardew to walk away sans big payoff, in my view.

Cissé, Cabaye, Sissoko and Ben Arfa could probably all improve our squad.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth?
Run of the mill. Not half as clever as he seems to think he is.

Mid-table.

I think fighting for top four like it has been the previous few years. It will be interesting though now that three of the top four sides have new managers whilst we have a manager now comfortable in his role and adding a few new players to what is already a very solid team.

I think we need a striker capable of scoring at least 15+ league goals. As well as goals coming from elsewhere, hopefully Bale can play as good as he did last year on top of a great striker and we could see ourselves challenging higher than fourth place in my view.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Paulinho can slot into our team. I'm also looking forward to seeing how some of the new strikers in the league do, the likes of Bony, Altidore and Wolfswinkel who have all been deadly the previous year or two in their leagues and players we may have had a punt at.

I think if he stays fit, Sandro will be very very crucial to our team. I'm hoping that Bale can have an even bigger season then he did last year, hopefully he can build on it and score even more as well as hopefully getting us to a cup final, it's been long overdue!

Well hopefully no one. I'd expect everyone to give their best for the team, you will always get a player that doesn't live up to expectations though, just like Adebayor last year. I'm hoping we get solid performances from everyone.

The North London Derby most definitely. It's the most exciting derby in the league in my view and always produces great games with a great atmosphere, I am glad we have it three games in even if it is away from home, that sort of result can really provide a great kick to the season.

Chelsea at Stamford Bridge is the one I least look forward to. We simply don't win there and we've had great chances in the past few years, with Mourinho now there and remembering how damn good his home form was, I think it'll be even trickier. One I am looking forward too? North London Derby. That win over Arsenal away a few years back was just a superb moment and I'd LOVE for it to happen again.

The 5-0 win a few seasons back, That was Adebayors greatest game in a Spurs top too. I think he got 4 assists and a goal. We really shot out the blocks that day and considering we were against a team also fighting for a top four place it was a real incentive, although from that game we sort of dropped and fudged up a point gap.

I haven't really been following

I wouldn't mind Santon, Mbiwa, Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Sissoko to add depth to our squad.

I think he's an okay manager but if you want to move up to the next level you're going to have to replace him.

I think with your squad you are definitely capable of finishing in the top half, last season your team was blighted by injuries and if you can stay relatively free of those injuries as well as strengthening in a few positions that can quite easily happen.

What's a realistic aim for your team this season? top 4

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? CF and an Inside/Wing Forward to compliment Bale and the new CF

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? Paulhino

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? Bale will go one further than last season :eek:

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? Caulker

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? Arsenal and now Palace (im from south London)

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? Palace, as above im from South London so it's a 'local' game for me as well as it being first game of the season - although being moved to a Sunday has taken the shine off a little

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? losing 4-0 at your place, Robert with two worldlies and i think Shearer with a double also? - first time at St James, so sticks in my mind.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? glad it's not us

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? Cisse i guess as we lack a forward atm but im not sure any would get in our first XI if honest, Cabaye and Ben Arfa at a push.

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? he's a smug **** who thinks far to highly of himself - average manager who hasn't ever really done anything to warrant such an inflated sense of self worth

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? atm i have you down to finish a just above the relegation zone - think last seasons form will carry over and Kinnaer won't make it easier for the manager. you have a good enough squad to be comfortably mid table but with it being such a shambles behind the scenes it'll inevitability bring you down

Top four, with a trophy of some sort: FA Cup, Carling Cup, whatever. It's been five years since our last trophy, and twenty-two years since our last FA Cup. If we are to stand a chance of keeping Bale, top four alone may not be enough. So we need to rectify that trophy problem.

I think every man and his dog has said this already, but up front. We cannot go into a new season expecting the erratic Ade and declining Defoe pair to score many. Benteke seems a reasonable option, but I'm still holding out for Soldado.

Wilfried Bony looks like a great acquisition for Swansea, and I'd like to see how he fares. Same goes for Van Wolfswinkel at Norwich. Victor Wanyama is definitely one I'll be keeping an eye on, a real coup for Southampton. And it will be interesting to see if Jesus Navas adapts quickly to the Premier League with City.

I think Paulinho will surprise a lot of people with his ability to adapt quickly to the PL. He's got a bit of everything in his locker, and when added to his strength, power and pace, he is the archetypal Premier League central midfielder. With Dembele and Sandro alongside him being equally powerful, he could be a hit.

Don't expect anyone to have a disappointing season, but I would not be surprised if BAE doesn't perform as well as he did in 2009-2010, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. He doesn't seem entirely suited to AVB's 'fast wing-backs providing width' tactic.

The North London Derby, first and foremost. They're our nearest challengers, and how we do against them provides a barometer for how likely we are to finish in the top four, late season collapses not withstanding. The games against Chelsea, United (hopefully weaker post-Ferguson) and Everton(post-Moyes) are also ones I'm looking forward to.

Least: St.Mary's and Stamford Bridge. Chelsea always pull one over us at the Bridge, and I don't imagine that will change with Mourinho in charge. And Pochettino looks to be building a great team at St.Mary's, and his hard-pressing, quick moving side could pose us a lot of problems. Most: any 'easy' away game, to be honest: the promoted sides, lower mid-table sides, sides out of control, you get the gist. :)

5-0 against you in 2011-2012. The game right after Harry's court case, when we were flying high in the league, and everyone was chanting the whole game for Harry to stay....good times. :)

I don't think it has anything to do with forcing Pardew out: If I remember correctly, he can be sacked with just one year's pay if he finishes lower than 13th or something. I do think it has a lot to do with Ashley trying to focus the fans' ire on why you won't do much business this window squarely on Kinnear's shoulders. He'll eventually sack him and hope that you lot will be satisfied that he removed the man 'solely responsible' for your lack of transfer activity. See, he does listen to the fans!

Sissoko could develop into a good player, and would have a place in our squad. If Cabaye can return to his 10-11 performances, he'd definitely be one I would like to see in a Spurs jersey. And finally, Coloccini would be a good centre-back to have.

He tries to play mind games: see Wenger v West Ham in 2006 for an example. Problem is, most managers don't fall for mind games anymore, barring Benitez and Wenger. So he's trying a dated tactic to wind up the opposition, when he should be focusing on his own dreadful on-pitch tactics (4-3-3 with the personnel Saudi Sportswashing Machine have?) to legitimately compete.

If you get a striker and a winger in, and revert to a more classic 4-4-2 with width and pace, you'd easily finish in the top ten. Maybe even as high as the top seven. But if you persist with this tactical muddling with a manager unsuited to it, 13th to 16th is about the best you can hope for.

Last edited:
What's a realistic aim for your team this season? Alot of beer

Where do your team need to strengthen to achieve this? Build more pubs

Which new Premier League players are you looking forward to seeing? Willy Zaha and Paulinho

Which of your players do you predict having a big season? Kaboul,sandro

Which of your players do you expect to have a disappointing season? Don't think Adebayor fits the system

Which fixtures do you immediately look for? Arsenal

Which away game are you looking forward to the most/least? Getting drawn away in poland

What's your most memorable game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Cup semi at old trafford, shearer with the winner after a dabizas handball

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have been in the papers for all the wrong reasons again, what's your take on the Kinnear debacle? I remember my pe teacher saying Joe used to clean the local cricket club toilets after his playing career, and I do think the journalists are out for him after he called Simon Bird a **** so you have to wait a bit longer to see how big the clown shoes are. But he knows his football and made of strong stuff.

Which Saudi Sportswashing Machine players would you like to see in your side? Cabaye is class

Pardew winds up quite a few opposition managers, what's your take on him? Is he playing mind games? Or is he just an Average/Bad manager with a mouth? Not bothered by him, mid table coach

Where do you expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish this season? Top half, with momentum UEFA cup spot.

Top 4
we obviously need a striker

Bony, Navas, Gerard Deulofeu

Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho

Defoe

Arsenal and Chelsea
Most: Arsenal, Liverpool| Least: United, Chelsea

5-0
bad decision but not bad intention. Can't believe that it would be deliberate attempt to drive at Pardew think instead it's maybe an attempt to make Saudi Sportswashing Machine a better managed club.

Cabaye, maybe Ben Arfa. Cisse too but just so then we'd have a stirker think he's offside too much.

Think he's just a turd, don't rate him that highly think he/you got lucky with players not getting injured the year you did well. Haven't seem him deal with people not giving Cabaye space and his Ameobi sub tendency and how quick he is to switch to route one i think it poor.

12th

Top four.

Striker, creative attacking midfielder.

Paulinho obviously, Liverpool have a couple of exciting new players, but i don't look forward to seeing Liverpool.

Bale.

Walker.

Arsenal, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea.

Most: Arsenal. Least: Stoke.

5-0 11/12 season.

Absolutely ridiculous. Don't envy you your owner. I guess it's still better than being a billionaire toy club like Chelsea and City.

Cissé, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon.

Bad manager with a mouth. Can't stand the man. Self-centered, arrogant prick.

I always expect Saudi Sportswashing Machine to finish in the top half.

We have been in top 4 form for quite some time. Our total points last season was our best ever and gave top 4 every season since the EPL began. But Arsenal went on a phenomenal run and nicked top 4. Their results against Norwich and QPR sealed their and our fate.
We are virtually unbeatable away from home. If we can get a home game system going I think we will seriously challenge for the title.

ITK and my opinion also is that we need a new LB, winger and striker. All top class. That’s all.

Paulinho and Bony.

I am hoping Holtby can step up a gear. Same as will do for the others. I hope all our guys stay fit.
Fit players returning are like new signings. Sandro and Kaboul.
We have an excellent squad and I would be happy to keep all of our current players.

None.

The next one. The past and the future means nothing to me.

See before.

When you beat us 4-1 at home when we were all over you.

He is there to get Pardew out.

Is Tiote still there?

Pardew is an arrogant tosser. He has screwed up every club he has gone to.

With Pardew relegation zone, new manager mid table.

Thought all Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans were banned from coming here ?:-k

Still cannot forgive Saudi Sportswashing Machine for their part in helping Arsenal finish 4th.

Cheers for all the replies. I'll post a link when they're collated.

I know it's a bit cheeky, but do you guys know which Arsenal message board is best to take this to? I've tried "Arsenal Mania" but their registration page is knackered.

Last edited:
Cheers for all the replies. I'll post a link when they're collated.

I know it's a bit cheeky, but do you guys know which Arsenal message board is best to take this to? I've tried "Arsenal Mania" but their registration page is knackered.

Who?

Back