• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Geordie Classie

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Think a lot of us think we need a playmaker and he is one of the most promising around and at a get able price. I am hopeful we will sign him so hopefully this thread will get to a few pages and result in us talking about him signing.

Re: Jody Claise

You would think our chances of it happening would increase if FDB were to become our new boss. RIght now I would not think he is on the Clubs radar, just the fans.

I believe his name is spelt Jordy Clasie. Feyenoord's #6. I can't claim to be an expert on him but from the limited footage I have seen the lad has it all in his locker. He can play the quick short pass, long passes, dangerous through balls and he seems to really throw himself into challenges. He doesn't look all that big but he seems to harrass players like Parker used to but he is way better with the ball. If we signed him, we wouldn't need to worry about the centre of the park for a few years.

Two things: The rumours started with the "LVG writes a shopping list for Spurs" stories so I'm not sure how credible the link is. Secondly if we do end up with FDB as our boss, would there be an issue given the massive rivalry between Feyenoord and Ajax?

I believe his name is spelt Jordy Clasie. Feyenoord's #6. I can't claim to be an expert on him but from the limited footage I have seen the lad has it all in his locker. He can play the quick short pass, long passes, dangerous through balls and he seems to really throw himself into challenges. He doesn't look all that big but he seems to harrass players like Parker used to but he is way better with the ball. If we signed him, we wouldn't need to worry about the centre of the park for a few years.

Two things: The rumours started with the "LVG writes a shopping list for Spurs" stories so I'm not sure how credible the link is. Secondly if we do end up with FDB as our boss, would there be an issue given the massive rivalry between Feyenoord and Ajax?

Yeah sorry I got his name wrong, more worrying I actually spell my own name wrong on official forms and it has been the same one for 49 years.

Think the rumour started before LVG with a few fans like me who watch Dutch football and like what they see of him.

Certainly looks impressive on youtube, and with several posters on here bigging him up I would be very excited if we signed him.

Seems like the kind of midfielder we've been missing.

I watch him week in week out.

Pros:

- Good passer of the ball
- Likes to get stuck in
- Good likeable character

Cons:

- Stamina / engine. Not sure if he can last the full 90 minutes in the premiership.
- Looks good for Feyenoord in the Eredivisie but hasn't always been good for Holland (eg. good away against Turkey in the qualifiers (when Turkey didn't close him down) but not good against France in the last friendly (up against giants like Pogba and Matuidi)). As Feyenoord nowadays don't manage to get into the Europa League group stages, he has little to no experience in European competition. If I could have seen him impress there, then I'd have more easily given him the thumbs up.

Fact is: Feyenoord (or rather Henk van Stee) wanted to release him as a teenager as they thought he wouldn't make it because of his small stature. They kept him in the end and a few years later, when he returned from a loan spell at Excelsior, there were many at the club, who doubted whether he'd make it at Feyenoord. He proved his doubters wrong though, immediately becoming a first-team starter and he's now club captain.

Last edited:

How does he compare to Kovacic?

MiserablePiercingIrishwaterspaniel.gif

IgnorantWhichAnemonecrab.gif

Ty machotime, I think thats what we need in a lot of these threads, someone who watches these players more often.

RE Kovacic: Wow those through balls are immense

Kovacic would play so well with Eriksen.
Think we'd have to sell one of Dembele or Paulinho to make room for another midfielder though.

I watch him week in week out.

Pros:

- Good passer of the ball
- Likes to get stuck in
- Good likeable character

Cons:

- Stamina / engine. Not sure if he can last the full 90 minutes in the premiership.

Fact is: Feyenoord (or rather Henk van Stee) wanted to release him as a teenager as they thought he wouldn't make it because of his small stature. They kept him in the end and a few years later, when he returned from a loan spell at Excelsior, there were many at the club, who doubted whether he'd make it at Feyenoord. He proved his doubters wrong though, immediately becoming a first-team starter and he's now club captain.
all of that was said about modric before he joined Spurs

I got bored of the video after 5 minutes, but until then he didn't show me anything that Charlie Adam can't do.

Strong tackles, passing, set pieces, the odd goal.

In fact, if he has poor stamina as well it does sound like Charlie Adam and Adam would probably dominate the Dutch league too.

We are looking for players better than Sandro Paulinho Dembele Chadli Capoue etc. all of whom are internationals that would rip up the Eredivisie.

There are loads of players like Scott Parker or that ginger nob at Fulham or the slaphead at Swansea Shelvey than can do a job in midfield, but we are trying to move from 5th to 4th here, not from 11th to 5th.

and we already got Eriksen for the number 10 position. Diego is probably going to join Fenerbahce too.

I got bored of the video after 5 minutes, but until then he didn't show me anything that Charlie Adam can't do.

Strong tackles, passing, set pieces, the odd goal.

In fact, if he has poor stamina as well it does sound like Charlie Adam and Adam would probably dominate the Dutch league too.

We are looking for players better than Sandro Paulinho Dembele Chadli Capoue etc. all of whom are internationals that would rip up the Eredivisie.

There are loads of players like Scott Parker or that ginger nob at Fulham or the slaphead at Swansea Shelvey than can do a job in midfield, but we are trying to move from 5th to 4th here, not from 11th to 5th.

He certainly looks a lot more mobile and quick footed than Adam. No way of telling based on youtube videos, but I would also hope that he's a more effective passer than Adam if we do end up signing him.

and we already got Eriksen for the number 10 position. Diego is probably going to join Fenerbahce too.

My impression of Clasie was that he was more of a Modric type player than a number 10, like you.

From what I've seen Diego still prefers a more attacking role. Wouldn't be a bad signing on a free though.

We're just a Europa league side though. It's not like Xabi Alonso , Gundogan or Moutinho would join us. If we can get a manager who can play them in a more fitting system (like Pochettino or de Boer), then we could see the Brazilians improve.

The midfielder I'm actually most worried about is Dembele.

As for Clasie, he has something the others don't have: the ability to start attacks from deep. Many of Feyenoord's moves start get started by him and he rarely loses possession, but like I said, I worry about his stamina. That's why I'd actually prefer to see him stay at Feyenoord for another year. Hopefully they'll qualify for the group stages of the EL or CL as he needs more experience against good opposition, in games which are more intense than most eredivisie games.

Last edited:

If FdB comes in and helps Sandro and Capoue to have composure on the ball and more of an aptitude to play the safe pass, we'll have no need for another DM.

That's what I'm hoping at least..

433. NL @ 433NL · 5 m
BREAKING | Jordy Clasie has Feyenoord informed of his departure wish. More Later on 433. en #433NL

Back