• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

A statement on City's official website on Friday read: "Stevan Jovetic has signed for Inter Milan on a year-and-a-half's loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

"The 25-year-old Montenegrin joined City from Fiorentina in summer 2013, but injury has consistently upset his progress for Manuel Pellegrini's side.

"He will now go on loan to the Nerazzurri for a season and a half, with a view to a permanent stay.

"Jovetic managed 11 goals from 44 appearances at City, with the highlight his double in the 3-1 win over Liverpool in August 2014, and he lifted the Premier League and Capital One Cup trophies in the 2013/14 season.

"Everyone at City wishes Stevan well for his time with Inter."

Inter Milan have this on their website (link here) - http://www.inter.it/en/news/48709

Stevan Jovetic is an Inter player!

The Montenegrin striker has signed a contract with the Nerazzurri

MILAN – F.C. Internazionale is pleased to announce an agreement has been struck with Emirates Marketing Project over the purchase of Stevan Jovetic. The player has penned a four-year contract keeping him in Milan until 30 June 2019.

Erick Thohir had this to say on the news: "We are excited by the signing of Jovetic. He's another important addition to our squad. A dynamic forward that will add value to our attack. Mancini will get the best out of him.

"Welcome to the club, Stevan and Forza Inter forever!"

More interested in Spurs getting the better player of two .. Just astounded at Spurs yet again .. Felt quite optimistic with all rejects and rubbish been shifted out door that we actually had plan in place with definite targets and that we wud have a strong looking team going into first game .. This past week just confirmed to me that the scatter gun approach is back , trying to sign any player who might be interested in a few quid ... Linked to Ukraine lad and supposedly putting in bid takes biscuit.. This guy has been available all summer , why now ?? Tight ass approach and still no sign of really strong attacking players or wingers no proper defensive top midfield player in .. Not worried cos this is typical Spurs .. Saturday week after a United mauling this place will agree to this ....what I just don't get is all the vibes , comments and itks thru out summer and even our manager saying we have definite plans and targets in place from end of last season all looking confident yet here we are a week before season starts and ****in nothing bar a free transfer right back and a centre half nicked off Southampton. They might be good but no where near enough ... Shocking! Just hope we can give United a game next week but I sense another serious hammering

First of all it's just paper gonad*s.

Maybe we started the summer with a list of 10 CMs in prioritized order and we're now down to 5 or 6 (Schneiderlin gone, McCarthy too expensive etc.), would it not make sense to try and have talks with more than one at a time? If we were only going to target a single player and wait until we have a definite yes or no from him we would be in deep brick. If it drags on (which it will when targeting players at this level) and he finally turns us down we have to start over from scratch with number two on the list. What you want to do is get in touch with lots of players and clubs and see what possibilities there are. You then try to make a deal for those that you want the most, while keeping others on the backburner just in case.

It could also be that players like Bender and Kramer aren't willing to commit to us until they know for sure that bigger clubs won't come in for them. Even then we still have to tempt them away from their current club.

More interested in Spurs getting the better player of two .. Just astounded at Spurs yet again .. Felt quite optimistic with all rejects and rubbish been shifted out door that we actually had plan in place with definite targets and that we wud have a strong looking team going into first game .. This past week just confirmed to me that the scatter gun approach is back , trying to sign any player who might be interested in a few quid ... Linked to Ukraine lad and supposedly putting in bid takes biscuit.. This guy has been available all summer , why now ?? Tight ass approach and still no sign of really strong attacking players or wingers no proper defensive top midfield player in .. Not worried cos this is typical Spurs .. Saturday week after a United mauling this place will agree to this ....what I just don't get is all the vibes , comments and itks thru out summer and even our manager saying we have definite plans and targets in place from end of last season all looking confident yet here we are a week before season starts and ****in nothing bar a free transfer right back and a centre half nicked off Southampton. They might be good but no where near enough ... Shocking! Just hope we can give United a game next week but I sense another serious hammering

Maybe we will get a hammering vs utd but our season wont be defined after the opening match.....signings or no signings...lets be honest if we got a point from Old Trafford we would all be ecstatic....anyway....paper boll**ks and all that....

Our signings thus far have been solid if not spectacular but their is still much to be done. The most important thing was trimming our bloated squad, releasing those who took our resources but offered little to feck all in return.

While roostering up in the first place by signing them getting rid of Paulie, Kabs and Chiriches has been massive for us, damage limitation wise we have done well.

I sense we will see some big (ish) signings....soon...there is plenty of time still to go before 1st september...try and keep the faith...If Ade & Solly goes then we will need to replace them....we are missing a beast in midfield. So I reckon were due three signings very soon.

48 hours I reckon....

I watche Sven and Lars bender alot , Sven is more DM who can also play as box to box, while Lars is more CM who can also play more advanced rple on the right side. Sven Being out most of the last season in dortumnd affected their game alot , among many other reasons of course. He has a history of long and repetitve injuries and for me that is the only proplem about him.

Reactions: DTA
I think you'll find it's the papers that have a scatter gun approach,not Spurs. You haven't a clue what's actually going on. I don't know how many times this has to be explained to some people, but unless you are one of the oil rich teams you are not going to get in all your targets early and have to be patient....

First of all it's just paper *******s.

Maybe we started the summer with a list of 10 CMs in prioritized order and we're now down to 5 or 6 (Schneiderlin gone, McCarthy too expensive etc.), would it not make sense to try and have talks with more than one at a time? If we were only going to target a single player and wait until we have a definite yes or no from him we would be in deep ****. If it drags on (which it will when targeting players at this level) and he finally turns us down we have to start over from scratch with number two on the list. What you want to do is get in touch with lots of players and clubs and see what possibilities there are. You then try to make a deal for those that you want the most, while keeping others on the backburner just in case.

It could also be that players like Bender and Kramer aren't willing to commit to us until they know for sure that bigger clubs won't come in for them. Even then we still have to tempt them away from their current club.

What's this about? A logical grounded attitude? Don't you know those are banned in the close season!

Gossip column: Guardiola, Pedro, Bender, Berbatov
For a list of all the latest deals, check out the transfers page.

Emirates Marketing Project are sure they will appoint Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola, 44, as their boss next summer on a £20m-a-year contract. The former Barcelona coach says he is "not convinced" about signing a new deal with his German club. (Sun - subscription required)

Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has no plans to offload any of the club's players as Manchester United look to sign their 28-year-old forward Pedro. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea have agreed a fee of £17.6m to sign 21-year-old Augsburg left-back Baba Rahman. (Bild Sport - in German)

The Sun backpage

Captain John Terry is backing 29-year-old striker Radamel Falcao to become a hit at Chelsea, saying the Colombian needed just two minutes to show he could make it in a game at Stamford Bridge last season. (Daily Star)

Tottenham are stepping up their efforts to sign Borussia Dortmund's 26-year-old defensive midfielder Sven Bender. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs must pay £14m to sign Lyon and Cameroon forward Clinton N'Jie, 21. (Sun - subscription required)

Aston Villa have approached West Bromwich Albion with a £1m offer for 32-year-old defender Joleon Lescott. (Daily Mail)

Spain striker Fernando Torres, 31, says he is on the hunt for trophies at Atletico Madrid.(FourFourTwo)

Gianfranco Zola, manager at Qatar side Al-Arabi, says he would "give a thought" to signing striker Mario Balotelli, 24, from Liverpool. (Sun - subscription required)

Crystal Palace could scupper Leicester City's move for former Inter Milan midfielder Alessandro Cannataro, 20. (Evening Standard)

The back page of Saturday's Daily Star focuses on Sunday's Community Shield game between Chelsea and Arsenal at Wembley

Former Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov, 34, is close to joining Aston Villa on a free transfer after leaving Monaco.(Daily Express)

Norwich City manager Alex Neil says the club are close to signing Blackburn goalkeeper Jake Kean, 24, to provide back-up to number one John Ruddy. (Norwich Evening News)

Striker Kevin Doyle, 31, does not think his move to Major League Soccer club Colorado Rapids will hinder his chances with the Republic of Ireland. (Irish Times)

Centre-half Sebastian Coates, 24, says it was an "easy" decision to leave Liverpool this summer and rejoin Sunderland on a permanent basis.(Sunderland Echo)

Five Championship clubs have expressed interest in Sunderland's 25-year-old winger Will Buckley. (Shields Gazette)

Cardiff City striker Kenwyne Jones, 30, missed a friendly against Bournemouth amid reports of a loan move to Sheffield Wednesday.(Wales Online)

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers expects forward Christian Benteke, 24, to prove "a bargain" after his £32.5m move from Aston Villa. (Times - subscription required)

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans have reacted with anger to the decision to switch their match at Bournemouth - 359 miles away - to a lunchtime kick-off.(Daily Mail)

Southampton striker Jay Rodriguez, 26, will return to first-team action at St Mary's for the first time since March 2014 when the Saints host Espanyol in a friendly on Sunday. Rodriguez has been out with a knee injury. (Southern Daily Echo)

Manchester United captain Wayne Rooney, 29, will play for Everton for the first time in 11 years on Sunday having accepted an invitation to appear in 43-year-old former Toffees striker Duncan Ferguson's testimonial against Villarreal. (Guardian)

Best of social media

#winningteam

Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas looks to be getting on well with new signing Radamel Falcao, posting on Instagram: #winningteam

The same haircut, but the smile seems to have disappeared. Having signed a new contract, forward Theo Walcott has posted a picture on Instagram of himself throughout the years at Arsenal.

'Just the usual please'

Emirates Marketing Project forward David Silva, 29, has posted a picture of himself and Stevan Jovetic on Twitter with the message: "A pleasure playing by your side 'amigo' @stevanj35 .Good luck in your new stage." Jovetic has joined Inter Milan.

And finally...
Striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has decided to stay with his number 45 shirt at new club Saudi Sportswashing Machine because "four plus five is nine".(Chronicle)

That post is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start! Actually, it speaks fo itself, so I won't even bother!

We are doomed I tell thee doomed :rolleyes:

Leicester have agreed a club record £10.5 million fee for Charles Aranguiz with Internacional and a £3 million fee for Gokhan Inler from Napoli.

We are doomed I tell thee doomed :rolleyes:
It's a bit of a panic post, we do need to judge the squad and signings in a months time. However it does seem we have withdrawn totally from the transfer market and we aren't even trying to play the game that way anymore. Not nessesarily a bad thing.

Maybe the leaks for gossip have been plugged, maybe it's because we are investing in the stadium but the days of chasing that fantasy player have long gone.

It's a bit of a panic post, we do need to judge the squad and signings in a months time. However it does seem we have withdrawn totally from the transfer market and we aren't even trying to play the game that way anymore. Not nessesarily a bad thing.

Maybe the leaks for gossip have been plugged, maybe it's because we are investing in the stadium but the days of chasing that fantasy player have long gone.

How does it seem like that?

Let's go back and look again at Levy's quotes from two and a half weeks ago:

“The window will be reasonably busy,” he said. “We have already brought in four new players since the winter window and we’ve done deals for players who have now left.

“At the moment it is fairly relaxed. I would anticipate that as the window goes on, the activity will happen in the last two weeks but we are trying to business early where we can.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...xpect-more-signings-this-summer-10377395.html

Back