• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

No thanks. Not sure how it would benefit Veljković, we need him playing in the Premier League/Championship, rather than abroad in a league within which players have arrived & proven to be totally unsuitable for our league.
I don't know if it is a good move for the kid or not but not all players from that league are unsuited to the PL. The Emirates Marketing Project players seem to be doing pretty well for example.

One I'd really like to see us bring in is Javi Martines. He's exactly what we need in midfield. With Vidal coming in, I don't think he'll get much game time in the bayern team. Big strong guy who would add much needed steel and quality in midfield. Think we might actually have a chance of signing him if we approached.

paper talk . But not seen a word about us linked apart from ITK thread could be wrong.

It COULD just be his agent making sure that everyone knows the player might be available before making their decision in a week.

Veljkovic had apparently agreed and had flown out according to a report earlier today. They obviously didn't know he was playing for the U21's at lunch time.

Watching the games yesterday, I was struck how good 2 newbies from the Championship looked... the Bournemouth striker Wilson who got a hattrick and the Wolves winger Sako who signed for Palace and played instead of Bolasie.

These are the types of players I thought Mitchell 3b (black box bloke) would be identifying.

I don't think Sako is brilliant or epic, but he seemed a bit like Bolasie i.e. an energetic explosive "typical African attacking inside forward type" that burst forward, had 6 good shots, 5 on target, got his rewards... so easy to identify players at that level. That is why Palace don't mind selling Bolasie. They also have Puncheon who was excellent at times last year, just as good as Bolasie flavour of the month.

So I don't want Spurs to splash out £15m or whatever on someone like Bolasie when there are plenty of others available just as good for very little cash (e.g. Sako).

I don't watch The Championship but it must be easy to identify the top 10 players and sign some of those on freebies/last year deals on the cheap, rather than splash 15m on someone like Bolasie or Rudi Gestede.

It was also interesting to see West Ham capitulate, the full backs were really awful... yet Cresswell and Jenkinson have looked really good at times, the latter was the standout man at the Euro U21 for England, but was embarrassed yesterday by another stereotypically pacy African guy that just kept bombing forward ruthlessly Max Gradel, another we could have snapped up easily...

I do understand the Spurs way of not overspending, not splashing the cash, being canny... but seems like we are missing some key players and then identifying EXPENSIVE options who are no better than the cheapies... I am yet to be impressed by a surprise deal identified by 3b.

Sakho is very much your wide forward type and scored plenty for wolves last season

He wanted big money as he was in a free and west brom thought they had him

He could get double figures in this league as defenders stand off a lot more now than they used too. He also has amazing confidence in himself

What he has, Wilson has, gradel has is oace and plenty of it. It makes defenders turn and invariably struggle like Terry did today agains Rondon

Our lack of pace is crippling us and it shows. We have no one who can get in behind a defender and it makes us really easy to defend against. I said it a week ago... I've seen a very poor quick player do well but I've never seen a tech I ally poor slow player do well.pace is a real weapon and creates chances

I remember as a kid playing against the fastest lad in the country at the time. His name was Danny Joyce and he was a shocking footballer but ran 11 second 100 metres at 14

Every time his school would just bang it long and he would be last us before we could turn. He missed loads but and so many chances due to his pace he invariably scored a few too

One I'd really like to see us bring in is Javi Martines. He's exactly what we need in midfield. With Vidal coming in, I don't think he'll get much game time in the bayern team. Big strong guy who would add much needed steel and quality in midfield. Think we might actually have a chance of signing him if we approached.
Yes, Martinez would be good. Is he not injury prone?

No thanks. Not sure how it would benefit Veljković, we need him playing in the Premier League/Championship, rather than abroad in a league within which players have arrived & proven to be totally unsuitable for our league.

Veljkovic is still very young for a CB (still 19).

I think the idea might be to give him playing time under a progressive coach, rather than have a final sharpening season in the upper Championship/lower EPL. Basically like we've done with Oduwa and Rangers?

Also remember Dier slotted in very nicely as a CB coming from Iberia

Croydon advertiser, whatever that is, says we have agreed a deal for bolasie, according to hotspur related on twitter.

So potentially £20m for Lamela? And to think some on here were telling me that we'd get less than £10m for him!!

Back