• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

There was a post not that long ago bursting that myth by looking at midfield performance last season and showing how our midfield had performed exceptionally well in protecting the defence, a lot of long passes punctured us though.

To a point yes, but those long passes were being run onto by the opposing teams M/F players while our CM stood and watched.

To a point yes, but those long passes were being run onto by the opposing teams M/F players while our CM stood and watched.
I'm not sure I particularly agree with this.... I think it's just that our high line added to our full backs pushing up leaves us very exposed to the ball over the top. It's particularly evident against teams who leave their wide forwards up.

showing their age there, a few more years and those runs won't happen when they learn the sneaky ankle tap and the blind side shirt pull

Last edited:
Surely 24 hours now .. Tomm is day it's all going to kick off .. 2 out 5 in surely !! Go on levy get the wheelbarrow out u midget fudge !!

last minute.com is the reality

But this beaks should be dealt with properly by one of our 4 defenders against typically a lone forward

The you would expect Mason or Bentelab to clear that up

Chelsea deal so well with those long passes as Cahill and Terry take charge and also rarely venture forward (they have years of experience too). That's very little to do with Matic who does his best work stopping attacks at source

Surely 24 hours now .. Tomm is day it's all going to kick off .. 2 out 5 in surely !! Go on levy get the wheelbarrow out u midget **** !!

last minute.com is the reality

I believe so unfortunately. Sitll though, it's always exciting. From the dedline day we tried to sell Berba to City, he ended up at United, we tried to replace him with a more than ageing Henrik Larrson and a useless Emile Heskey and in the end compromised by taking Fraizer Campbell on loan... To the day we signed VDV.

Chelsea sounding us out with regards to a deal for Rose apparently. Now they have lost Filipe Luis they need a new left back and because Rose is homegrown he is their preferred option. They could aslo go for any other left back, but the homegrown thing is an issue for them (like we give a brick).

Chel53a sounding us out with regards to a deal for Rose apparently. Now they have lost Filipe Luis they need a new left back and because Rose is homegrown he is their preferred option. They could aslo go for any other left back, but the homegrown thing is an issue for them (like we give a ****).
straight swap with ramirez and oscar, they need we need

Chel53a sounding us out with regards to a deal for Rose apparently. Now they have lost Filipe Luis they need a new left back and because Rose is homegrown he is their preferred option. They could aslo go for any other left back, but the homegrown thing is an issue for them (like we give a ****).

saw some stoopid article where it says they have asked Levy to name his price for Rose....

er ok then 250 million, Eden Hazard and a bag of Haribo tang-fastics please.

saw some stoopid article where it says they have asked Levy to name his price for Rose....

er ok then 250 million, Eden Hazard and a bag of Haribo tang-fastics please.
I saw a similar stupid article with the name your price headline and in the article it said they would go to £15mil for Rose. Leaving aside the complete contradiction in the article there is no way in hell we're selling to them clams. Jog on Jose.

our transfers seems slower despite having a complete set up now. it doesn't feel like all the transfers are done, and it doesn't feel as if we are ready for game #1.

We were promised this

48-hrs-1.jpg

And then this

A70-509

But seems we're just getting this

1118full-norbit-poster.jpg

But this beaks should be dealt with properly by one of our 4 defenders against typically a lone forward

The you would expect Mason or Bentelab to clear that up

Chel53a deal so well with those long passes as Cahill and Terry take charge and also rarely venture forward (they have years of experience too). That's very little to do with Matic who does his best work stopping attacks at source

CB's have their men to mark, our problem has been the opposing teams runners from their own M/F that have run in behind our CM into the space left by them. As I say I sit right behind the goal and I and those that sit near me see this happening all the time.

And as for Matic he is aware enough to track and intercept these runners before they get into empty space.

showing their age there, a few more years and those runs won't happen when they learn the sneaky ankle tap and the blind side shirt pull

They have got to be aware of those runners getting in behind them first, and that is what our CM players are not doing.

CB's have their men to mark, our problem has been the opposing teams runners from their own M/F that have run in behind our CM into the space left by them. As I say I sit right behind the goal and I and those that sit near me see this happening all the time.

And as for Matic he is aware enough to track and intercept these runners before they get into empty space.

I still maintain an awful lot of that has been because the 'wide' players have simply not closed down quick enough. Most of the op M/F runners make their break through the channels, and for me, those are the areas the Chadlis and Eriksen's should be 'first-line-defending'. Too often, we have one Cm caught high as well; I would argue that Bentaleb gets back 90% of the time to cover. One thing Lamela does pretty well is track/defend. I would love to see a stat, but I am going to guess our concessions are far less when he is playing. When we are defending from the front on possession switches, we are very tight. Matic is absolute quality, but Chelski had to loan him a bit before he fully developed...

I still maintain an awful lot of that has been because the 'wide' players have simply not closed down quick enough. Most of the op M/F runners make their break through the channels, and for me, those are the areas the Chadlis and Eriksen's should be 'first-line-defending'. Too often, we have one Cm caught high as well; I would argue that Bentaleb gets back 90% of the time to cover. One thing Lamela does pretty well is track/defend. I would love to see a stat, but I am going to guess our concessions are far less when he is playing. When we are defending from the front on possession switches, we are very tight. Matic is absolute quality, but Chelski had to loan him a bit before he fully developed...

I agree that is part of the problem however neither one of our CM players has a defensive mind set, however I have said elsewhere that Benaleb at only 20 will probably get better at this as it is a skill and has to be worked at. Mason however is 24 and I am not sure he will do this.

I agree that is part of the problem however neither one of our CM players has a defensive mind set, however I have said elsewhere that Benaleb at only 20 will probably get better at this as it is a skill and has to be worked at. Mason however is 24 and I am not sure he will do this.

Mason missed several years through injury, so his development has been a bit delayed. He's also converting from a #10, whereas I guess Bentaleb has been a CM longer

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has made two £100m bids for Real Madrid winger Gareth Bale, 26, this summer. (Sun - subscription required)

_84653984_telegraph.jpg

Tuesday's Daily Telegraph sport section

Real boss Rafael Benitez has told Arsenal to forget about signing striker Karim Benzema, 27.(ESPN FC)

Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has claimed that former player Bastian Schweinsteiger, 31, a summer signing for Manchester United, has not been fit for the past three years. (Daily Telegraph)

Former England defender Rio Ferdinand says Everton centre-back John Stones, 21, should join his former club Manchester United instead of moving to Chelsea as he would get more first-team football. (Guardian)

Chelsea have told Tottenham to name their price for left-back Danny Rose, with the Blues prepared to pay £15m for the 25-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

Lazio have told Mario Balotelli's agent they will take the 24-year-old Liverpool striker on loan this season - but only if they qualify for the group stages of the Champions League. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool are braced to have to wait until deadline day before receiving realistic offers for their unwanted stars, such as Balotelli, striker Fabio Borini and left-back Jose Enrique. (Daily Telegraph)

Paris St-Germain defender Thiago Silva, 30, believes 27-year-old midfielder Angel Di Maria will be making a step up by moving to the French club from Manchester United. (Independent)

Di Maria's move has been delayed as he was too tired to have a medical after a 20-hour trip from his native Argentina to Doha.(Daily Mail)

Manchester United will sign Barcelona forward Pedro, 28, in a £20m deal in the next 48 hours and could then make a move for 32-year-old Real Madrid centre-back Pepe. (Daily Mirror)

The Spanish-speaking team-mates of Manchester United keeper Victor Valdes are upset at the 33-year-old's treatment after his kit was moved to the under-21s' dressing room. (Daily Mail)

_84653986_daily_mirror.jpg

Tuesday's Daily Mirror back page

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has struck back at Roy Keane's accusation that the current Arsenal squad are "more interested in selfies and six packs", claiming they are just as determined to win trophies as any other club. (Independent)

Southampton have made a £7m bid for Celtic's 24-year-old central defender Virgil van Dijk, who has also been linked with Arsenal and Manchester United. (Daily Express)

Sunderland are close to completing loan deals for 25-year-old midfielders Yann M'Vila and Leroy Fer from Rubin Kazan and QPR respectively. (Shields Gazette)

Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal will allow midfielder Jesse Lingard, 22, to leave the club and Bristol City are hoping to sign him in a £2.5m deal. (Sun - subscription required)

Barcelona winger Adama Traore is flying in to Liverpool as the Reds seem set to sign the 19-year-old, who has been linked with Bayern Munich, Emirates Marketing Project, Manchester United and Sevilla. (Sport - in Spanish).

West Brom's 33-year-old striker Rickie Lambert, who left Liverpool to join the Baggies, hopes he can rediscover his goalscoring form and regain a place in the England side. (Birmingham Mail)

Norwich manager Alex Neil has reignited his interest in striker Dieumerci Mbokani, 29, after Dynamo Kiev reduced their asking price by £2.5m to £8.5m. (Daily Star)

Christian Benteke has been given Liverpool's Number 9 shirt, worn previously by the likes of Ian Rush and Robbie Fowler, following his £32.5m move from Aston Villa. (Daily Express)

Former Leeds winger Max Gradel, 27, has completed his medical at Bournemouth, with the deal expected to be completed by Tuesday.(Sky Sports)

According to Bild, Southampton are apparently willing to pay 16 million euros for Leon Goretzka, of Schalke.

If that's anywhere near true (dunno how reliable Bild is), we should be all over that, imo. 20 years old, relentless defensive midfielder with a lot of physicality about him and a decent pass from deep as well. I did actually watch him a bit for Schalke in 13-14: he looked like a hard-pressing holding DM par excellence at times, although he's clearly still raw and (if he's the same 13-14 player I watched) isn't the most gifted when it comes to making chances higher up the pitch. Still think he's definitely worth a bid, if Schalke really are open to selling.

Back