• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gas/Electricity bills

spitshine

Sebastien Bassong
Hi all,

Who are the cheapest? I've tried to fathom this out by comparing bills from different suppliers but hard to understand as some charge cheaper amounts
for the first xKW used and then others try to charge more over a certain limit.
Does anyone know how to reduce bills?(apart from switching everything off)

Thanks

Ebico (not for profit, but provided by SSE)

They have no standing charge so are far cheaper
If they're provided by SSE I'd say they're probably dear. SSE are pretty pony. Just moved my mother away from them. SSE drew my 84 year old mother in by offering her a tariff ostensibly through M&S, it was their dearest tariff. M&S are no better imo because they allowed SSE to profit from little old ladies through quoting an M&S link.

As it goes I stuck my Mum on the Scottish Electric deal regardless of MSE's advice, looks like I'm doing something right. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity

Last edited:
How do you even know which the the cheapest?

you can set your direct debits to whatever.

isnt it worked out on who has the cheapest unit price?

How do you even know which the the cheapest?

you can set your direct debits to whatever.

isnt it worked out on who has the cheapest unit price?

Well you know how much you consume......your bills will tell you

So then you tap in your units on a comparison site, and it will tell you

Here in Oman, utilities are sooo cheap. Subsidised by the government. I haven't paid my bill for 3 months because the self-service machines won't take money in low denominations.

My water is £12 over those 3 months. Electricity is up to about £60 now, which includes an AC-tastic summer. Gas was £30 but comes in a big canister, I got that in February and it hasn't run out yet.

Contrasted to Britain where it would easily be in the hundreds for this time period.

Back