• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

All I give a **** about is the fee now.Various reports of £80m to £90m.
I cant see Levy selling Bale until after the NLD tbh.

Talksport: Sources in Spain: "The Bale transfer will be announced tonight at 11 pm (10 pm BST.)" Fee will not be a world record.

If/when it does get announced, I hope we say exactly what the deal is, rather than those Spanish ****s playing it down by 10-15m.

But if he is successful, that increases the chances of Madrid being successful which surely no Spurs fan wants?

You care far too much about Real Madrid. The fact that they are now buying our best players instead of Man U, shows how far we've come in recent years.

We have Lamela now and he's better looking than Bale.

Hopefully Madrid will buy him in about 4 years for a £100 million, as this will mean he's been very successful at Spurs.

Talksport: Sources in Spain: "The Bale transfer will be announced tonight at 11 pm (10 pm BST.)" Fee will not be a world record.

Can't see this as genuine?

I really think this transfer ain't going to happen.

I think all these Spanish sources, Adidas boots and personal terms that have just been agreed, which in reality were agreed ages ago are Madrid getting scared.

They look ****ing desperate, and if this didn't go through. They would be a serious laughing stock for ages.

This ain't going to end well at all

For those that don't speak Spanish, AS is saying: 91 million (84 plus 7 in variables). Spurs? they are not in a rush http://t.co/d3JsFyzG40 -- Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague)

See that is a huge diffence between what Burt reported a few days ago.
£90m versus £77m (72 + 5 in add ons).

There's no way its true after the whole Real offered €100m (£85m) story that was doing the rounds a month ago. There's no way Real bargained Levy down.

I know you and I totally disagree over this. I just find it difficult to find a grown mature guy - he isnt an 18 yr old kid dont forget - cannot control his agent. I understand where you are coming from totally, but its just me I cant fathom it. If someone wants to stay even for a year then shut the agent up tell RM no move till next year. Then continue playing, performing at the highest level then see.

ps - just to elaborate I know what you are saying and im sure they were 'played' what I cant fathom is how someones head can be turned and ultimately not show respect by allowing his agent (I think we all think this is his agents doing) to do what he has done.

Anyways mate like I say - it is time to move on from Bale - the bridges have been burnt anbd there is absolutely no going back

I just think that in the case of players like Bale, they've had people to wipe their arses, do their deals and fawn over them since they were young teenagers. It's an extraordinarily sheltered existence, thus I firmly believe their actual emotional maturity in real-world matters is a lot less than you might expect. Like young rock stars, the same deal. It IS hard to fathom, and frankly, I find the whole thing hard to stomach. I agree, were it ME I'd do ALL you say, but then I'm a fan/supporter and Bale isn't, he's a professional footballer of extraordinary talent who's had Zidane up his **** for an entire summer along with his agent/bank manager and GHod knows what other 'feeders'...I think we're actually in agreement here on the primary premise that it is a sad joke how this situation can happen.

Further, I agree with you it is time to move on from Bale...the future is very very VERY bright, and this cannot be allowed to derail it.

Is Bale worth a WR fee though?

Would be a shame but I think we need to get anything from £75m onwards. I know people would be disappointed if it wasn't a WR but if it means that Real's compromise is say £75m up front in one lump sum PLUS Fabio Coentraoa or another very good player sold in a separate deal at 40% or more off the valuation then I'd personally bite their hands off.

CRAZY theory:

Could Levy be stalling for a final showdown talk with the Bale camp, to try to get him to stay?

This roster with Bale in it looks nothing more then very very very frightening, and potentially the best in the premiership

I think Bale has pretty much gone tbh.

Would Levy really spend all this without getting most back.?

Last edited:
Back