• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

“He’s a brilliant player and would bring a lot to Madrid, but his price is too high,” Raul is quoted as saying by Spanish newspaper AS. “Tottenham have overestimated his price.”

He added: “The Real Madrid board is working hard to assemble the best team possible.”

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2013/08/tottenham-transfers-spurs-overestimated-gareth-bale-raul/

Assuming that has been correctly translated, we're supposed to WANT them to buy him? Should that be every football fan's dream, for Real Madrid to want one of your club's players?

Yes a world class player , but if he doesn't want to be at the club then let him go . It's like trying to keep a girl who don't want to be with you , there is no point as it can never be the same . He will never play like that for us again if his heart is not at the club . So just look back and enjoy the time he was with us and look forward to the new exciting era we are entering with some really great players . We will be forever spurs with or without Gareth bale . COYS

In 14 days we finally will know.... The end of August has never been so far away as I can remember [-o<

You had me until the last sentence. For £100 mill extra we could rule the world!!

I don't think we can rule the world with £100 Mill in the bank to spend.....but with a player who is worth £100 Mill we possible could. Only two other players, in the whole world, are worth over £100 Mill at the moment. We currently have the third in our team at the moment. We just can't buy a world beater.

I don't think we can rule the world with £100 Mill in the bank to spend.....but with a player who is worth £100 Mill we possible could. Only two other players, in the whole world, are worth over £100 Mill at the moment. We currently have the third in our team at the moment. We just can't buy a world beater.

+1

I just cant believe how unreasonable we are being over this....... we are refusing to lower the price on arguably the worlds 3rd best player...we are refusing a 5 year payment plan to a club who disrupted our early season last summer and who still haven't paid up for modric.....

boo fudgein hoo Madrid.....

oh and anyone who would rather have 100m in the bank account rather than the money on the pitch talent wise.......have a chat to some Arsenal fans or have a read of Arsemania....'minimum expectations of this transfer window'

you don't rule the world by selling your best players..........you rule the world by supplementing said talent with other talented players......

+1

I just cant believe how unreasonable we are being over this....... we are refusing to lower the price on arguably the worlds 3rd best player...we are refusing a 5 year payment plan to a club who disrupted our early season last summer and who still haven't paid up for modric.....

oh and anyone who would rather have 100m in the bank account rather than the money on the pitch talent wise.......have a chat to some Arsenal fans or have a read of Arsemania....'minimum expectations of this transfer window'

you don't rule the world by selling your best players..........you rule the world by supplementing said talent with other talented players......

Correct....also Teams who challenge for titles have players like Rooney, Van Persie, Drogba.....Players with with unbelievable arrogance in their own ability that they truely believe they can win a match all by themselves. (Plus the ability to back it up).

Bale has that now. You can't buy that....well, you can...but we can't buy that.

+1

So true, its like United with their £28m bid for Baines & Fellaini, these clubs want our players so we should let them have them for nothing...

How about fudge off Madrid

You are so right. The more I watch it the more I marvel at what an extraordinary piece of skill it took. In sixty years of watching footy I cannot recall seeing anyone score with a take-swivel-and-shoot-from-outside-of-the-boot all-in-one-go effort like that before.

I thought it was obvious how good it was. Ronaldinho's similar goal v Chelsea was crowed about but Bale's is so much better. He doesn't just shoot but controls, barely shifts and somehow executes a great shot with good power...how??

Some really insulting bids being made - Utd's bid for Fellaini and Baines, Arse's bid for Cabaye,...neither had the remotest chance of being accepted

Less than 2 weeks to go in the window now! If we can hold on to Bale and add one more we'll be in a great position, particularly given Utd and Arse are struggling to bring players in!

Tottenham Hotspur's official UEFA Europa League squad...

P0320_zps5b1b999b.png

...reassuring to see Gareth Bale is still there!

Back