• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...tar-bale-psychologically-3975314#.UhFPST_dd8F

Coleman admits transfer pressure affecting Spurs star Bale "psychologically"

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Sun, 08/18/2013 - 08:25

Wales coach Chris Coleman admits the constant spotlight on Gareth Bale is affecting the Tottenham star.

Coleman believes the saga is having an impact psychologically on the Cardiff-born star.

He said: "Last week was a circus and unbelievable for Gareth. There were cameras everywhere and it was ridiculous. Is that what it is going to be like in the future?

"I have sympathy for Gareth because all he wants to do is play football. He’s not the type of boy to like all that attention. He’s a quiet boy.

"You can’t imagine that someone is going to pay that amount of money for you. He’s been Gareth Bale and a Tottenham superstar for the last three or four years, but this is another thing. This week has probably hit him. Psychologically, it’s been difficult."

Mercifully it's not quite Gazza proportions but it's still pretty immense. No doubt highly intrusive and very unsettling. I fear for him at RM if he does go, not so much because of the media circus, more the reaction of players like Ronaldo who may well look upon him as a bit of an upstart and a threat to their status rather than someone they can take under their wing and welcome into the fold.

Just my take.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...tar-bale-psychologically-3975314#.UhFPST_dd8F

Wales coach Chris Coleman admits the constant spotlight on Gareth Bale is affecting the Tottenham star.

Coleman believes the saga is having an impact psychologically on the Cardiff-born star.

He said: "Last week was a circus and unbelievable for Gareth. There were cameras everywhere and it was ridiculous. Is that what it is going to be like in the future?

"I have sympathy for Gareth because all he wants to do is play football. He’s not the type of boy to like all that attention. He’s a quiet boy.

"You can’t imagine that someone is going to pay that amount of money for you. He’s been Gareth Bale and a Tottenham superstar for the last three or four years, but this is another thing. This week has probably hit him. Psychologically, it’s been difficult."

Go join the circus. Or stay with your mentor and pals?

Can you image the DOH when Levy finds out Bale has turned down RM?

The answer to that question is yes. If all he wants to do is play football then RM is not the club for him.

I think Levy has been absolutely brilliant during all of this in it's various undulating stages...just brilliant...

That's a terrible article - even by that rag's standards.

It's nothing other than supposition and speculation. As far as facts are concerned, the Bale and Coleman cases are exactly the same, the rest is just made up nonsense using made up nonsense as a source.

The only factual difference between the two cases is that people actually care about the bale transfer as he's one of the best players in the world. Coleman is a decent full back but few people outside of Everton and Utd really care what's going on there. That's why the papers aren't full of made up nonsense about Coleman - it doesn't sell.

It's nothing other than supposition and speculation. As far as facts are concerned, the Bale and Coleman cases are exactly the same, the rest is just made up nonsense using made up nonsense as a source.

The only factual difference between the two cases is that people actually care about the bale transfer as he's one of the best players in the world. Coleman is a decent full back but few people outside of Everton and Utd really care what's going on there. That's why the papers aren't full of made up nonsense about Coleman - it doesn't sell.

Youre surely mixing up two things now, arent you?! The article is about Baines, the other article is about CHRIS Coleman, the Wales manager ;)
Or maybe youre just having a laugh ;)

Youre surely mixing up two things now, arent you?! The article is about Baines, the other article is about CHRIS Coleman, the Wales manager ;)
Or maybe youre just having a laugh ;)

Sorry - for some reason after reading it I thought Baines and wrote Coleman.

I think we'll get Contreao irrespective of what happens with Bale. We want FC, Real Madrid want rid, to keep him just because we won't sell Bale, hurts them, unless there is a rival bidder.

Wasn't there an 'ITK' who claimed we'd all be laughing at the end of the window when we keep Bale AND sign one of Reals players?

I don't agree they're the same at all. Yes, there's an element of the press reporting more on Bale due to people being more interested and yes, I agree many of the stories are 'made up'. It's where those made up stories eminate from that I think makes the difference. I doubt they come purely from Jouros looking for something to fill some column inches but rather that bale, Barnett, Madrid feed these stories in,and THAT's the big difference. To be its patently clear that Bale is pushing hard for a move and has agreed an approach with Barnett in terms of how they go about it. Baines is just getting on with it.

Fellaini also doesn't seem too bothered about a move to Man U. Everton get great loyalty from their players. Can't remember one kicking up a fuss (Rooney maybe?) and they've had sone talent.

I don't agree they're the same at all. Yes, there's an element of the press reporting more on Bale due to people being more interested and yes, I agree many of the stories are 'made up'. It's where those made up stories eminate from that I think makes the difference. I doubt they come purely from Jouros looking for something to fill some column inches but rather that bale, Barnett, Madrid feed these stories in,and THAT's the big difference. To be its patently clear that Bale is pushing hard for a move and has agreed an approach with Barnett in terms of how they go about it. Baines is just getting on with it.

You can doubt all you want, but you're not a national newspaper that claims to hold itself to higher standards than others. Repeating an 'unnamed source' from another newspaper is not evidence, it's just rumour and those propagating it are no better than the attention fluffy bunnies cuddlings in our rumour thread.

Yeah I agree, the key difference is we aren't seeing Baines stories in the papers every day about how he is shocked and dissapointed that United haven't had a bid accepted yet, or any other stupid quotes from un-named insiders.

Bale's camp is clearly planting this rubbish. I do think Bale himself though does actually have a bit more integrity. He could rebel to try and get his move but he isn't going the whole hogg. And I think that's because he is happy to stay another year if it comes to it, or go now if it means the club gets their record deal. Baines though has just gotten on with it. He could easily be letting his agent kick up more of a fuss and we'd see a load of stories about him too.

Good line at the end of that Guardian article where it says ironically Baines may be the only one of the 'sagas' (although Baines didn't let it become that) to actually get the move. I think that's a good thing. Football is changing. Player power is eradicating. What are these players actually going to do if they stay? Undermine the manager? The squad will see them as nuisances because their agenda will be as clear as day, so they will only be troubling themselves. Are they going to try less hard on the pitch? It only makes them look less good for the next summer and some nice young upstart player might take their place.

I'm so glad clubs cottoned on to this now. For ages it just seemed to be a load of pundits saying 'if he wants to go, you have to let him go'. Why exactly? Our stance with Modric was fantastic.

Fellaini also doesn't seem too bothered about a move to Man U. Everton get great loyalty from their players. Can't remember one kicking up a fuss (Rooney maybe?) and they've had sone talent.

That's a really fair point actually. Maybe Baines doesn't fancy rotating with Evra and thinks he deserves to be first choice though? Same with Fellaini I guess, maybe they just like being the main men.

To be fair, Gareth is a different kettle of fish. The world is his oyster after this last season. He was incredible and not many clubs wouldn't want him in their side. If I were him I'd be thinking about how I will be remembered after he retires. Does he want to go down in history as a great footballer.

Back