• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

They have just shown the Bale goal v WH again. That celebration with AVB, I still think deep down he might saty

Hoddle in the build up to the Palace match has said he believes Bale will stay. Reckons Madrid don't have the money and the deal would have been done by now if they were serious about signing him.

was Bale at the game today, cheering on his teammates??

Hoddle in the build up to the Palace match has said he believes Bale will stay. Reckons Madrid don't have the money and the deal would have been done by now if they were serious about signing him.

Have to agree with Hoddle, when have Madrid ever waited this long to unveil a marquee signing? They aren't the types to make 'every pound a prisoner' like Levy is, and if they had anywhere near the money, they surely would have paid it right now.

I just cannot understand why they thought Levy would be bullied, I really can't. It's a lose lose situation for them because if we refuse them, they look like mugs considering they put their flimflam machine into overdrive.

Have to agree with Hoddle, when have Madrid ever waited this long to unveil a marquee signing? They aren't the types to make 'every pound a prisoner' like Levy is, and if they had anywhere near the money, they surely would have paid it right now.

I just cannot understand why they thought Levy would be bullied, I really can't. It's a lose lose situation for them because if we refuse them, they look like mugs considering they put their flimflam machine into overdrive.

or it could be that the deal has been agreed in principle but Levy has asked for time for Spurs to bring in the players we need, all so we dont get ripped off if we were to buy after selling Bale

we do have a special relationship with Real after all;)

That's unfair on Levy. Man Utd and Liverpool are huge clubs, even if Liverpool are more about their past reputation. We are currently a stepping stone club and will continue to be so unless we become a footballing superpower. And even footballing superpowers are forced to sell their stars sometimes. Us fans may not like it, but that's the reality of it.

Football has changed. It's become more migrant, and with that has come less loyalty. Almost every Spurs player who puts on that shirt today doesn't give a toss about Spurs. They care about themselves and their team mates primarily. They don't regard Spurs as the pinnacle of their career and are probably hoping that they'll get a call from their agent telling them that "Utd want you" or "Madrid want you" etc.

And how do we become a 'footballing superpower' ?? Not selling our best players whenever the big boys come calling would be a good start.

Thats a good article and while Baines has his agent under control, Bale doesnt hence Bale is also to blame for all this. Thats why I find it unfathomable that people say 'the agent has this hold' sorry - we are all men here and you can control the situation if YOU WANT TO.

ps - im assuming Bianes has an agent - majority do huh

A lot of players get signed up by their agent while young and impressionable. A "good" agent builds up a trust and makes the player depend on him, making it easier to manipulate later and they're easily manipulated. Notice how few players seemingly have that balls or the brains to get rid of their guy, unless it's for an even bigger money grabbing ****.

A lot of players get signed up by their agent while young and impressionable. A "good" agent builds up a trust and makes the player depend on him, making it easier to manipulate later and they're easily manipulated. Notice how few players seemingly have that balls or the brains to get rid of their guy, unless it's for an even bigger money grabbing ****.

Maybe its just me and how im finding it difficult to fathom as to how impressionable some are. Maybe im being harsh I dont know. Maybe its just how I am in that I wouldnt let people skew my decision making and how things are done. Taking advice is one thing but allowing someone to ruin your reputation by how theyre acting etc is not something I would tolerate.

Oh and Levy was also there when Bale was 'young and impressionable'

Maybe its just me and how im finding it difficult to fathom as to how impressionable some are. Maybe im being harsh I dont know. Maybe its just how I am in that I wouldnt let people skew my decision making and how things are done. Taking advice is one thing but allowing someone to ruin your reputation by how theyre acting etc is not something I would tolerate.

Oh and Levy was also there when Bale was 'young and impressionable'

Which is probably a big reason why Bale himself is keeping quiet.

Which is probably a big reason why Bale himself is keeping quiet.

But this is where we differ and maybe where I differ from everyone elses view point.

He is not keeping quiet - speaking through an agent is not keeping quiet. In the literal sense yes he has kept quiet but by letting your agent become a spokesman and act on your behalf is just that 'behalf' therefore he is speaking for, on behalf, Bale.

But this is where we differ and maybe where I differ from everyone elses view point.

He is not keeping quiet - speaking through an agent is not keeping quiet. In the literal sense yes he has kept quiet but by letting your agent become a spokesman and act on your behalf is just that 'behalf' therefore he is speaking for, on behalf, Bale.

Complely agree. All of the media speculation, quotes from Madrid, 'close sources' etc are part of a coordinated effort from Bale's camp. There's nothing admirable in Bale's silence for me - just part of the game they're playing..

Complely agree. All of the media speculation, quotes from Madrid, 'close sources' etc are part of a coordinated effort from Bale's camp. There's nothing admirable in Bale's silence for me - just part of the game they're playing..

Yep. I'm with you and DHSF on this. Bale could easily come out and say all these stories are a load of crap. Baines is the example of how a player should act when bigger clubs are linked with you.

Bale wants the move, but at the same time is reluctant about leaving. He's got pressure from all sides, easiest for him is to just avoid it, let his agent sort it out, whatever the solution may end up being.

The Bale deal is agreed imo and it definitely includes Contreao coming here. That's why we're so willing to freeze Ekotto out like this, because we know we have a left back in the bag.

The Bale deal is agreed imo and it definitely includes Contreao coming here. That's why we're so willing to freeze Ekotto out like this, because we know we have a left back in the bag.

Or the Contreao deal could be completely separate from the Bale deal and could be very close to it's own conclusion.

I think we'll get Contreao irrespective of what happens with Bale. We want FC, Real Madrid want rid, to keep him just because we won't sell Bale, hurts them, unless there is a rival bidder.

Anyone seen the Coleman quotes? Basically that Bale has been stunned by all the attention this week, he's a quiet boy, is this what he needs etc.

Back