• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Been burned too many times to apply that principle to football in this current day and age anymore. Especially after my belief that Bale would stay, which stretched over most of the summer up to yesterday. Surely he'd stay. We love him, the Madrid fans won't. He has a baby, he's settled. All his mates are at the club or live in Cardiff. He can leave next year for a reasonable fee, after giving us one more shot.

But, it didn't turn out that way.

Of our current squad, I have an affection for Verts, Lloris, Daws, Kaboul, Walker, BAE, Carroll and most obviously Sandro. Yet I'm also very, very hesitant to extend that affection any more than it already extends, because to do so would be opening myself up to another round of fruitless agonising as the likes of Lloris and Verts bugger off to Barca or Madrid when they gleefully come knocking again, in all probability after angrily skipping training and leaking 'unhappy and upset' stories to make a point.

Therefore, I unreservedly love only Daws and Sandro. Daws because I'm confident he'll stay here no matter what, and Sandro because despite my reservations the guy's too enthusiastic and evidently attached to our club to keep at arm's length.

Other than those two, the only person I have complete faith in, the only person I'm confident will always fight for and protect the interests of this club first and foremost, is Daniel Levy.

If that's taking the passion out of it, then I'm happy to be a sour, emotionless sort of cove when it comes to most of our current squad. I'll save my unreserved adoration for the next Ledley, Freund, Perryman, Hoddle, or, hopefully one sunny day, Bill Nicholson. Everyone else, thank you for your service, carry on up the Khyber and shut the door on your way out.

Sorry mate, you're not telling the truth. No-one writes something like this from a 'limited emotional investment' point of view. You know it. I know it. And this has nothing to do with faith. I never had faith in Bale in that sense, but I loved watching him, I loved his talent,I loved his celebrations and I loved the way in which I allowed myself to believe he had a special place in his heart for our club. And you can never judge who will hit you like that...I think it'd be foolish to try.

You'll fall again mate...

One loss and suddenly AVB is tactically inept and we're a floundering ex-one man team, :ross: get a grip people!

I think it stems from the number of times Bale secured points for us last season after fairly limp performances, plus how we've struggled to create chances in our 3 opening games.

Plus a hefty dose of tongue in cheek.

I think it stems from the number of times Bale secured points for us last season after fairly limp performances, plus how we've struggled to create chances in our 3 opening games.

Plus a hefty dose of tongue in cheek.

And the fact no goals from open play in 270 minutes of league football........

One loss and suddenly AVB is tactically inept and we're a floundering ex-one man team, :ross: get a grip people!

you have to remember what we are dealing with here though, Spurs have always been at the cutting edge of finding new ways to **** up

According to whom? We've sold one player and purchased at least six absolutely quality, generally young players..

How have we ****ed up? In the long term we'll be far stronger and given AVBs tutelage I can see Tottenham flourishing in the top four regularly, if not this season, then for several following...

Personally I think we will reap the rewards of selling the selfish pink wearing bastard immediately, not regress.

all i'm saying is that the potential is there because thats what Spurs do, our ability to toss away unassailable leads and tear defeat from the jaws of victory is legendary

According to whom? We've sold one player and purchased at least six absolutely quality, generally young players..

How have we ****ed up? In the long term we'll be far stronger and given AVBs tutelage I can see Tottenham flourishing in the top four regularly, if not this season, then for several following...

Personally I think we will reap the rewards of selling the selfish pink wearing bastard immediately, not regress.

:ross:

Notice that he still has not not come out to say sorry or thank you to the Spurs fans. He really didn't have any passion for Spurs, did he.

:ross:

Notice that he still has not not come out to say sorry or thank you to the Spurs fans. He really didn't have any passion for Spurs, did he.

Well, he has, on the official site. While I do think he has appreciated the support both us and the club gave him, it's clear he never had any loyalty as such to neither of us. Which should come as no surprise.

It's very sad to see him go, and I would have loved to have him for another season (which I believed for a long time we would), but in the end it wasn't to be. He clearly has a very strong desire to play for Real Madrid, and unless he flops big time, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees out his carreer there.

Lets be happy for what he gave us on the pitch - in my time as a Spurs supporter, I've never seen one player make such a massive difference for the team as he did last year - and for the massive profit we made from his sale, that we have spent on seven very talented players.

While neither of them are of Bale's quality, overall they make us stronger as a team, and give us more strength in depth. We will now miss Bale's cutting edge, but hopefully as a unit we will be stronger and more competitive, and less dependant on one player to bail us out.

I'm certainly looking forward to the rest of the season now that the transfer window is shut, we've made good additions to the squad, and the Bale saga is finally laid to rest for good. Just remember, we have already won two out of three, and the loss being away to **** in a game we were far from outplayed in. Two more wins against Norwich and Cardiff, and we will go into the home game vs Chelski with four wins from five, hopefully with a more settled team/squad, and a very big point to prove to Mourinho and his 300 midfielders.

Exciting times ahead, if you ask me. COYS!

Is this twitter really belong to him ? I doubt it very much. Even if it did, it seems insufficient to say a thank you via twitter. He could have shown more class by coming out directly and say thank you through the media.

Trust me when I say he'd reach far more Spurs fans via Twitter than in the media, where his thank you would've drowned in an article about his future at Real Madrid.

Trust me when I say he'd reach far more Spurs fans via Twitter than in the media, where his thank you would've drowned in an article about his future at Real Madrid.

Like you say, he gets to deliver the message himself rather than have it twisted by a journo like, say, Tommy Hudd did.

You can see it "I loved my time at Tottenham but I felt it was the right time to go. The interest from Madrid was apparent some time back and I just couldn't turn it down. I had to go. I want to win major trophies and play in the Champions League" is turned into:

"Bale slams AVB by saying he had to leave Spurs for Real Madrid and was virtually forced 'to go'. The Welsh winger also believes that the North London club have no chance of winning a major trophy and will continue to fall short in their quest to qualify for the Champions League".

I've loved watching Bale. Shame how it ended and I give Bale no credit for how he acted at the end but to condemn him for losing his head a little bit is to condemn him for being human. The lad was the best player I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt and I wish him great success wherever he goes.

For people talking about loyalty, think about Defoe. At the moment, he really suits us to be a super-sub, as he has done for several years now.

But the very, very moment that we don't need him and get an upgrade in, he'll be out the door. Off to Stoke or QPR. Like that. Gone. Any loyalty he'd have shown and any selflessness in sitting on the bench for a lot of his Spurs career - with very little moaning - will be forgotten and he'll be out.

This loyalty business cuts both ways.

And that's just the start of it. Every mistake he makes will be scrutinised by the Real Madrid fans. And if he makes one too many... they'll hound him mercilessly. I get his ambition to join a big side, really I do. But he has swapped being the best player in the third or fourth best team in England (hey! I'm a Spurs fan, humour me!) to become the second best player (if that!) in the second best team in Spain? Meh. It's his loss.

Last edited:
Back