• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Bale's Dive Today

pretty poor effort wasn't it, obvious dive

he needs to start making sure there is contact (not enough to hurt to him mind), he lent away from it today, had he leaned in he'd have drawn the foul

although saying that, had he just stepped around guzan and had a better first touch he'd have had an open goal

I always remember in the Henry, Pires, & Overmars days at Arsenal.
I used to wind my gooner supporting mates all the time about how their idols were cheating and were no good scumbag players. (A bit OTT I know)
But now my words are meaningless when one of our own is doing it.
I called it an embarrassment today and I meant it.

article-2180612-0BF3CD3700000578-26_468x337.jpg

article-1343638928377-1449A03F000005DC-577676_466x310.jpg

1. If the 'ref see's it as a dive, then he has a simple decision to make and that is to show Bale a yellow card.
2. If Bale makes an attempt to con the 'ref, in the hope that Guzan is shown the red card, then that is appalling (and something I never wish to see from a Spurs player!)
3. If Bale believes that he is going to be clattered by Guzan and he goes into self-preservation mode, then this is acceptable, especially given the treatment meted out to him in the past by players such as Adam etc.

1. If the 'ref see's it as a dive, then he has a simple decision to make and that is to show Bale a yellow card.
2. If Bale makes an attempt to con the 'ref, in the hope that Guzan is shown the red card, then that is appalling (and something I never wish to see from a Spurs player!)
3. If Bale believes that he is going to be clattered by Guzan and he goes into self-preservation mode, then this is acceptable, especially given the treatment meted out to him in the past by players such as Adam etc.

This is fine. As long as he does not make any attempt to appeal for the penalty/free kick.

Edit: The clip above doesn't really show for long enough..

Last edited:

Rossi,
Alot of players take knocks when they are running with the ball. It doesnt mean that when anyone comes within a foot of them, they fall to the floor.
Bales excuse is wearing thin IMO...

Lol appalling dive!

Can't wait to see the usual suspects come on here and defend him.

I'm not denying he gets kicked, but there was no excuse for that one I'm afraid.

We dont dive at Spurs. Who was the last player to do it to win a pen against Portsmouth? He certainly knew the we dont stand for it.

Id rather we sold him than watch him dive.

Bale didnt appeal and wasn't he looking for a foul. I think some on here would rather he broke both his legs than move out of the way from dangerous tackles.

The comparisons with Suarez are absurd. Pathetic actually.

We dont dive at Spurs. Who was the last player to do it to win a pen against Portsmouth? He certainly knew the we dont stand for it.

Ludicrous.

If he dives on the last game of the season and scores the winning penalty to clinch the league/4th spot I'll watch you and the rest celebrate. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Zokora wasn't it? I recall Jol attempting to defend him with the 'anticipated contact' excuse as well and felt pretty embarrassed for the big man - though I can appreciate that he had been placed in a somewhat invidious position by his player. Still, the fact that we have to go back a few years to identify the last player in our colours to do that sort of thing at least shows that that our players have tended to walk the line on the whole not diving issue.

I remember Zokora doing it and taking pelters from the fans

Last edited:

Ludicrous.

If he dives on the last game of the season and scores the winning penalty to clinch the league/4th spot I'll watch you and the rest celebrate. Nonsense to suggest otherwise.

Victory / achievement is hollow if you have to cheat to obtain it.
Is it really the spurs way and accepted now by some?

Bale is a diver. No if's or buts. Shocking apologists for him on here, he's as bad as Eboue

Bale didnt appeal and wasn't he looking for a foul. I think some on here would rather he broke both his legs than move out of the way from dangerous tackles.

Really? Even after he had pre-empted and rounded Guzan he was still upright and could have stayed on his feet, he made a conscious decision to go to ground. That's what I'd call pathetic. It's thy sort of behaviour that turned Drogba into a hate figure for a lot of neutral fans, instead of one of the best strikers this league has ever seen.

Last edited:

He needs to man the fudge up. Football is a mans game, pulling out of a 50/50 because he might get hurt is one thing but just letting your legs fall from under you because you think you might get clipped is pathetic.

Victory / achievement is hollow if you have to cheat to obtain it.
Is it really the spurs way and accepted now by some?

Do united talk about ronaldo diving when they mention their 19 league titles? The season they beat Liverpool by 2 points he gained at least 4 points by diving and scoring the consequent free kick or penalty. No it's forgotten.

What about the scum? Everyone goes on about the way they play lovely football. Piers? Eduardo vs Celtic? No it's forgotten. Maybe not by me or some fans but no one remembers it on the whole.

What's that saying? If you can't beat them......

Come on mate. Admittedly I have not seen past the GIF clip yet, but it seems pretty clear that there was no danger of injury resulting from Guzan's actions. To me, Bale appears to go down a fair bit after the (ultimately non-existent) 'challenge' which just makes a mockery of this whole jumping out the way / falling to avoid injury excuse and seems a clear case of diving to win a penalty. As I say, no excuse.

Do united talk about ronaldo diving when they mention their 19 league titles? The season they beat Liverpool by 2 points he gained at least 4 points by diving and scoring the consequent free kick or penalty. No it's forgotten.

What about the scum? Everyone goes on about the way they play lovely football. Piers? Eduardo vs Celtic? No it's forgotten. Maybe not by me or some fans but no one remembers it on the whole.

Yet another reason why I'm fast falling out of love with football

It was probably also the reason that he was denied a fair few clear cut penalties and on occasion, even wrongly booked for simulation. Ultimately it did neither him nor his team any favours.

Back