• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I think many of us were in denial because of this supposed "interest-free loan" from daddy Lewis. I simply don't see how we would break our own record three times in the same window without some sort of huge deal taking place.

As I mentioned, we'll miss Bale but we have a more balanced and complete team. Hopefully we won't be so one-dimensional now. Once all the new signings settle in, I think we'll be one of the more entertaining sides to watch in the PL.

I couldn't help think of what Bale's price will be when reading the following on the Willian thread:

Real have offered £86 and Levy wants just a bit more. The similarity in the numbers makes me think the the deal is done and that any remaining discussions are essentially dotting the i's.

If the price tag is only £86 then I'll offer £87 - he could mow my lawn far quicker than I could given how quick he can run

The new players and potentially far strong team overall certainly softens the blow. But him going to Real for a record deal makes it feel very different to him forcing a move to Chelsea or United.

I also can't help thinking does this help us with new ambitious players. They've seen Modric and Bale head to Madrid after impressing with us and some will like the idea of being the next one. While being a stepping stone is not something to aspire to it happens to everyone except Real and, again, its not United or Chelsea. If players see us as a good place to demonstrate their skills we all gain.

I can see Bale coming back to the UK in a couple years for £40m or so.
- I'm not sure that he and Ronaldo in the same team will work
- The fans at Real dont seem desperate for him (based on recent polls) so, given the price tag, anything other than a decent early start will make it difficult for him
- The spanish mafia which control the dressing room (Ramos, Casillas) are apparently underwhelmed about his arrival

Just cant see it ending well. Hopefully Bale and Levy/AVB will depart on good terms so that we can compete with Man U/Man C/Chelsea when he comes back to England - he'd also be keen for his next move to go well after failing at Real

- The fans at Real dont seem desperate for him (based on recent polls) so, given the price tag, anything other than a decent early start will make it difficult for him
- The spanish mafia which control the dressing room (Ramos, Casillas) are apparently underwhelmed about his arrival

Just cant see it ending well. Hopefully Bale and Levy/AVB will depart on good terms so that we can compete with Man U/Man C/Chelsea when he comes back to England - he'd also be keen for his next move to go well after failing at Real

We should be inserting a first refusal clause in the deal

I have not bought ino this interest free loan businuess at all...

We are simply spending the bale Money now... Lemela if he signs will be the transfer budget for this window... but we wont sign him until after bale goes

One question to everyone thinks Bale is staying:

How do you think we can afford to buy all of these players if Bale is staying?

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but he doesn't want to play for us anymore I'm afraid. Do you not think all the players combined that we signed can match Bale's output from last season?

It looks more likely that he's now off but it's easy enough to explain the high spending ... 100m - 20m player sales is 80. That 80 minus the 50m lewis loan is 30m, which funnily enough is approx the same as the rise in tv revenue...

If we don't count the lewis loan as it's only ITK then if you spread the 80m out over 2/3/4 seasons as you do with most transfers these days then it's easily manageable.

Id like someone to explain how we CAN'T afford it tbh

I think many of us were in denial because of this supposed "interest-free loan" from daddy Lewis. I simply don't see how we would break our own record three times in the same window without some sort of huge deal taking place.

As I mentioned, we'll miss Bale but we have a more balanced and complete team. Hopefully we won't be so one-dimensional now. Once all the new signings settle in, I think we'll be one of the more entertaining sides to watch in the PL.

Completely agree with this. By not selling him before we spent, other clubs weren't going to extort us for paying over the odds

All the above will be forgotten when he scores three hat tricks in his first three games. Hes an amazing player.

Bale's Madrid move imminent

The transfer of Tottenham forward Gareth Bale to Real Madrid is imminent, Sky sources understand.

Its clearly heating up. Are they just reacting to us spending a lot?

It looks more likely that he's now off but it's easy enough to explain the high spending ... 100m - 20m player sales is 80. That 80 minus the 50m lewis loan is 30m, which funnily enough is approx the same as the rise in tv revenue...

If we don't count the lewis loan as it's only ITK then if you spread the 80m out over 2/3/4 seasons as you do with most transfers these days then it's easily manageable.

Just doesn't seem like us though does it? It's not how the club usually operates. Plus with the new stadium to pay for I can't imagine us spending so much without getting a huge chunk of it back in return.

Bale's Madrid move imminent

The transfer of Tottenham forward Gareth Bale to Real Madrid is imminent, Sky sources understand.

Its clearly heating up. Are they just reacting to us spending a lot?

They've been understanding this all summer, still not happened.

They've been understanding this all summer, still not happened.

It has been imminent since early June. This is like the monkeys and the typewriters and the chances of writing Shakespeare - at some point, some writer will predict Bale's departure just before he's sold. Whether it is tomorrow or next year, remains to be seen.

People still think that there is a chance he might be staying :lol:

Bale leaving will be the culmination of the most obvious transfer in the history of football. Its been absolutely clear as day that we are spending the Bale money.

Last summer in for Sigurdsson and Dempsey at about 6 million a chuck; negotiating hard to save £2.50 on Lloris' transfer.

This season lavishly throwing money around as if we are Emirates Marketing Project of PSG. You don't have to be ****ing Columbo to see whats going on :lol:

He's been gone for ages and now the bulk of our transfer activity is done I guess Madrid have pressed the button and said rught that's enough, get him down to Stansted and check his baggage allowance.

Well, first of all you have to spread the income over several seasons too. Can't just do that with the purchases, but keep the £20m as a lump sum.

Second, where did you get that £30m increased tv revenue figure from? To me it seems that number has gone up across the summer, I've seen considerably lower estimates.

The deals won't all be spread out evenly across 4 seasons. The biggest sum paid would most likely be this summer and it would be a rather massive amount of money I imagine. Although maybe theoretically possible, it would be completely out of character compared with anything we've done under Enic/Levy.

One question to everyone thinks Bale is staying:

How do you think we can afford to buy all of these players if Bale is staying?

I want the guy to stay as much as anyone but he doesn't want to play for us anymore I'm afraid. Do you not think all the players combined that we signed can match Bale's output from last season?

When last season ended with our failure to get 4th, I did then think we would be selling Bale in the summer but I then changed my mind that it would happen due to our asking price and our terms for payment . It made more sense to me, that Madrid would be happier to sort Ronaldo's contract this summer and then, next year buy Bale for £60m or thereabouts. But they're a basket case of a club reacting to Barcelona's Naymar signing. Im convinced this is the reason more than anything that has puushed Perez to get the Bale signed up this season rather than next . I also think Bale wants the move now .

We've also been, by our own standards or anybody else's for that matter, outrageously busy in our dealings, breaking our record for buying a player on three occasions within weeks of each other! There's just to much money now involved in it all and to many pockets to be lined for the deal not to happen so I now believe that the deal will soon be done :(

Our record premeirship haul of 72 points is our marker and last season, we did get those 72 points without Modric who would've thought that?

I think we can do better without Bale with the new players we now have. I believe with the signings we've made thatwe can surpass last seasons record total, if not this season most definitely next.

Well, first of all you have to spread the income over several seasons too. Can't just do that with the purchases, but keep the £20m as a lump sum.

Second, where did you get that £30m increased tv revenue figure from? To me it seems that number has gone up across the summer, I've seen considerably lower estimates.

The deals won't all be spread out evenly across 4 seasons. The biggest sum paid would most likely be this summer and it would be a rather massive amount of money I imagine. Although maybe theoretically possible, it would be completely out of character compared with anything we've done under Enic/Levy.

i think our wage bill has considerably risen too, or will have once all the spending is over. That increase has to be accounted for from somewhere

Assuming Bale goes for around the money reported, and we add Willian, Lamela a CB and LB to our existing signings, this will be the most exciting transfer window of all - except Rasiak's signing perhaps.

Bale maybe brilliant, and he may have added more than a few goals, but there is no way he is c£90m brilliant. And think of the injury risk - when it is all down to one player we are only a metatarsal away from disaster.

I'm not sure Bale will enjoy la Liga, I figure he will be a marked man, kicked up and down the Bernabéu by every opposing team. But for us, if this transfer happens, it could be a seminal moment in our history.

bale.png

10,000th post bitches!

Back