• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Tottenham boss Villas-Boas targets four new signings with Bale cash

The Spurs manager is to ask Daniel Levy for a left-back, centre-back, winger and a striker with any budget accrued from selling the Welshman to Real Madrid this summer

EXCLUSIVE
By Duncan Castles

Tottenham plan to use a significant percentage of the world record transfer fee offered by Real Madrid for Gareth Bale to recruit four new players, Goal understands.

Andre Villas-Boas is to ask for a left-back, centre-back, winger and a striker - all in addition to a deal agreed for Spain international Roberto Soldado.

The Premier League club values Bale at £100 million, a price Madrid have told Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy they are prepared to meet during recent discussions over a transfer. With Bale's team of advisers intent on moving the 24-year-old to the Santiago Bernabeu as soon as possible, negotiations are now centred on how the deal transfer will be structured.

Levy's preference has been for a one-off cash payment, a condition which would be extremely difficult for Madrid to finance at present. An alternative is for a proportion of the headline £100m figure to be made up of players.

Fabio Coentrao, who is unhappy at the Bernabeu and has sought a move back to Benfica, and Angel Di Maria, whose place in Madrid's attack is threatened by Bale's planned acquisition, have been floated as potential makeweights.

Both, however, carry high salary packages and valuations at Madrid. Spain Under-21 striker Alvaro Morata is a further option, though Florentino Perez is under political pressure not to move on one of their squad's few homegrown players.

While Villas-Boas went into a critical transfer window expecting to retain Bale following direct conversations with the Wales international and a commitment from Levy that the player would not be sold, the Tottenham manager is understood to have accepted that Madrid's offer to meet the unprecedented £100m asking price is impossible to refuse.

Tottenham have already broken their own transfer record twice this summer, first committing close to £17m to the transfer of Brazil midfielder Paulinho from Corinthians, and then agreeing to pay Valencia €30m (£26m) for Soldado, their prolific centre forward.

Both players were requested by Villas-Boas, who also successfully pushed for the recruitment of Belgium forward Nacer Chadli.

The club also offered £15.7m for Bernard earlier in the window, but have since dropped their interest in the diminutive Brazil attacker. Atletico Mineiro are now expected to sell the 20-year-old to Villas-Boas' former employers, Porto, though Shakhtar Donetsk have also made a move.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/08/02/4159702/-?

Him and Jamie do seem to have a masive anti-spurs agenda at the moment -

Jamie was sputing all kinds of bs on sky the other day about how we are a selling club etc.

no they are just massive gobsh!tes who think that people are interested in what they have to say

For those of you that didn't see 92 or whatever it's called I recorded it from work as wanted to see breaking news on soldado (sad I know) and jim white stopped off at Cardiff and interviewed Mackay and Caulker. Jim white had to ask Caulker about bale whether he was staying or going and caulker just said he deserves to play the the top ad whatever happens he wishes him the best.

Methinks bale is deffo off and any player is not allowed to talk about it

For those of you that didn't see 92 or whatever it's called I recorded it from work as wanted to see breaking news on soldado (sad I know) and jim white stopped off at Cardiff and interviewed Mackay and Caulker. Jim white had to ask Caulker about bale whether he was staying or going and caulker just said he deserves to play the the top ad whatever happens he wishes him the best.

Frankly, don't think anyone knows what is going to happen with Bale, even Bale himself. Levy and the Real Madrid chairman are probably looking at each other for a decision while Bale and his agent are waiting for an agreement between both.

I am beginning to have some doubts about Real Madrid's capability to pay the money we are asking. They are probably waiting for Levy to lower the asking price. Remember we asked 40m for Modric but settled for 33m. When we made that "partnership" agreement with Real during the Modric transfer, we should have included a condition that Real should not bid for any of Spurs players for atleast 3 years. Don't understand why Levy never included a condition like that. Real was always going to bid for Bale after buying Modric.

Last edited:

Lol he does deserve to play at the top, what did you expect him to say? I think you're reading far too much into that one...

i saw that interview as well and by the way Caulker responded it seemed that bale was more likely to leave than stay, with Caulker "wishing him all the best because he deserves it"....being around Bale during this pre season id say Caulker knows better than any of us what is happening with Bale

oh, and caulker and Bale share the same agent, so of course he has the inside info

yeah a player that is no longer employed by THFC is obliged to not say a word on the deal.

people will look for anything as proof that he is off won't they :lol:

Sarf'ampton must be loving all these ridiculous sums bandied about. They have a 2.5% sell on clause on Bale....at todays rate approx £2.6 Mill

yeah a player that is no longer employed by THFC is obliged to not say a word on the deal.

people will look for anything as proof that he is off won't they :lol:

people are simply looking for clues as to what is going on.

no they don't - we bought it out when they were in financial trouble

this is a different type of sell on clause...iirc its something to do with Fifa or Uefa were clubs who developed young players but then sold them on are entitled to some sort of development fee

Back