• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

You're missing my point. I don't doubt his reasons, and I think he made the right decision on both counts.

But by talking about both side by side doesn't do him any favours.

i dont believe bale rejected united for us at all.

According to these quotes from Ferguson: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/15/alex-ferguson-manchester-united-gareth-bale

It sounds like a Man Utd transfer bid was never accepted, even if there was interest. It backs this up from around the actual time: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6306673.stm

So Bale couldn't have rejected them. Unless he means by joining Spurs he was rejecting the chance to wait for a bid to be accepted?

You're missing my point. I don't doubt his reasons, and I think he made the right decision on both counts.

But by talking about both side by side doesn't do him any favours.

not at all

joining us was sensible - he knew he'd play and get to develop rather than just becoming the "could have been" sat in the ressies

Int'l - he clearly said he plays for Wales because he is Welsh. He had the chance to play for a "better" nation (albeit one that will still win f-all) but went with his heart not his ego/trpohey cabinet. That should be applauded not vilified.

Gareth Bale - And So It Starts..

Apologies if posted already elsewhere - couldn't find Bale's thread

Alves: Bale would be Barca's left-back

April 17, 2012

By ESPN staff

Barcelona full-back Dani Alves believes Tottenham winger Gareth Bale would immediately become the club's first-choice left-back if he ever made the move to Spain.

Bale has attracted the interest of Barcelona in the past, after emerging as one of the shining lights of the Premier League following a breaking campaign last season. The Welshman has continued that form into the current year, sparkling on the left-side of midfield for Harry Redknapp's side (and occasionally in a more central role) after initially starting his career as a full-back.

Alves, while admitting he "loves" Bale's current playing style, believes the 22-year-old would revert to his former position if he ever made the switch to Camp Nou.

"In the Brazilian school, the emphasis is on attacking but that doesn't mean I'm not a full-back," Alves told The Guardian. "Take Gareth Bale, a player I love. He's a full-back in the Brazilian mould, he has a similar idea.

"In Europe [Spurs] play him as a winger, but in my team he'd always be a full-back.

"People get scared and play attacking full-backs as wingers. They think they will attack more, but often they attack less and less well. It happened with Roberto Carlos: as a winger, he was less effective, he needs to start his run sooner.

"Bale is more skilful and good as a winger, but at Barcelona he would be a full-back."

Bale would certainly have to adjust his style of play if he were to join the reigning Liga champions, with Alves also giving an insight into the high-tempo defensive gameplan employed by manager Pep Guardiola.

"The most difficult thing about Barcelona is not the way they play but the way of understanding the game," he said. "Tactically, I've improved under Pep, learning to do the simplest thing, which sometimes is the most difficult thing.

"But the key is the way we pressure - and the first person to lead the pressure is our best player, Leo Messi. That's the starting point for an entire philosophy.

"I never thought that a team could pressure like we do: from minute one to minute 95, pressuring the ball and in the opposition's half. Pep's greatest success is convincing players, even great players, to do that."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...uld-be-barca's-left-back---dani-alves?cc=3888

And so - the tapping up begins. Wait for the Barca DNA quotes to follow soon

Last edited:
On a Spurs level, never want to see him leave. At a player, I would love to see how he'd develop under a good coaching, technical and tactical team.

Let's just get pep, his back room staff, johan cruyf and quality scouts! Think I'd be happy to try that experiment, but doubt levy could fork out that kind of money.

Sandro - "Bale wants to play at Barca"

FFS are footballers all seriously thick? (If that's what he actually said)

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...-tells-spanish-radio-that-he-and-bale-want-to

Spurs midfielder Sandro could find himself on the naughty step at White Hart Lane after he spoke to Spanish radio and told them his team mate Gareth Bale would like to go to Barcelona.

It's not the wisest of moves and the club probably won't be pleased with him letting it slip. Yesterday Bale's agent Johnathan Barnett spoke to French TV programme Telefoot about interest from PSG, and his words were published by Calciomercato "Bale is without doubt the type of player you would need at Paris Saint-Germain but unfortunately for them, he is very happy at Tottenham and has no intention to change teams."

That was great news for Tottenham fans but Sandro has now contradicted that. He was speaking to COMRadio and his comments have quickly been picked up by Sport.es who quote him as saying "Bale is quiet but certainly wants to play at Barca."

Sandro didn't leave it there, saying playing for the Catalan giants would be a "dream" for himself and "I will work for one day to play at Barca, the best team in the world. I have a dream to play with Barca."

It'll be explained away as being 'lost in translation' no doubt.

This is tapping up on a whole new level.

There's comments in there directed from Barcelona through Alves to tell Bale that he will be first choice, he will be an attacking full back, telling him how good he is, how Barcelona play their game, their tactics through to how they pressure teams.

This is incredible from a classless club right up there with the greats like Arseanal, cheatski etc.

I think nearly every footballer would like to play for Barcelona, no big deal.

I agree. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

I would much rather have a Sandro with sky high ambitions to one day play for (arguably) the best team in the world than someone average that are happy to just grind out an average PL career. And I would much rather have someone honest like Bale, Sandro and Ekotto seem to be than someone who will declare how much they like the club in words, but not actually mean anything by it and then fudge off to a bigger club once that becomes possible.

Their "we will pay ?ú35m and no more" wont work with Levy like it did with Arsenal + Fabregas

This.

Good luck to him if he leaves, I wouldnt begrudge him a career at Barcelona. He wont go for cheap thats for sure, ?ú35m ? Try doubling that as a negotiation point.

This is tapping up on a whole new level.

There's comments in there directed from Barcelona through Alves to tell Bale that he will be first choice, he will be an attacking full back, telling him how good he is, how Barcelona play their game, their tactics through to how they pressure teams.

This is incredible from a classless club right up there with the greats like Arseanal, cheatski etc.

Sad, isn't it - yet most the supremacist media are quick to roll-over like dumb dogs and suck them off

Very well composed message issued from much higher level through this mindless buffoon and disguised as a reacharound to Spurs. He could have used ANY winger in the world for his wing-back examples. Scummers.

Last edited:
I don't see much difference between this and what Harry regularly says.

This will happen when we have quality players, I don't see the big deal.

We lost all our moral high ground when it came to tapping up players when we hired Redknapp.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the worst culprits in the world.

Back