• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

From what age can you remember Hoddle at? From a deeper position, and in a far worse team, Hoddle bagged 22 goals in 79/80 and almost all of them were worldies and that was before Hoddle hit his peak. In fact, almost every single goal Hoddle scored was a worldie.

I love Bale, but he isn't the same quality as Hoddle was. Hoddle was the best creative/attacking player in the world bar one very small Argentine. Out of all the players I see today, Messi is better than Hoddle. Ronaldo is not, and Bale is not as good as Ronaldo yet. Hoddle played when the pitches were terrible, the stadiums didn't insulate against wind as much and where you had no protection from having the brick kicked out of you. If Hoddle played in the modern game, he'd be unbelievable and even more effective than he was back then.

Great post. Bale is superb but Glenn was...well, for all the reasons above. Some of the pitches he had to play on, and some of the horror tackles he had to ride! Barcelona in the CWC SF first-leg springs to mind, one of the most brutal displays of filthy cynicism I remember from another side...

Yes he was, i can only think that those who say Bale is a better player never saw Hoddle that often.

I mean, he had wands on both legs, he could head a ball, he could chest and trap like he was born with velcro, he could score from long-range, short range, any range, he was a penalty taker of maestro proportions AND he could put in a decent tackle when necessary (see the cruncher on Waddock on the QPR CF replay which led to the Robbo run/pen)...yes mate, how many times over how many seasons did this legend produce? Loved the man on the pitch, a total and utter GHod.

Genuinely interesting to see peoples views on Bale V past hero's, especially Hoddle. It made me think of these two goals specifically. Both against similar opposition, both start in a similar part of the pitch both with the same end result.

[video=youtube;qS3FvKdYsv0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3FvKdYsv0[/video]

[video=youtube;SZ-N6O23hKA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-N6O23hKA[/video]

Each goal sum up perfectly the respective player, their skillset and what they bring/brought to the game. COYS!

Imagine Bale running onto a Hoddle pass........

Sex on the pitch, sex in the stands, sex everywhere!!!!!!

[video=youtube;P-YuzyRAObE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-YuzyRAObE[/video]

EDIT: Yes, I know this is the Bale thread. And like every other Spurs fan, I love having Gareth playing for us. He's a world-class player and the best we've had for a long time. Goes without saying. But I trust there's no Spurs fan alive who'd object to a Hoddle video when there's an excuse to post one :)

Last edited:

[video=youtube;P-YuzyRAObE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-YuzyRAObE[/video]

EDIT: Yes, I know this is the Bale thread. And like every other Spurs fan, I love having Gareth playing for us. He's a world-class player and the best we've had for a long time. Goes without saying. But I trust there's no Spurs fan alive who'd object to a Hoddle video when there's an excuse to post one :)

great video and perfect song to match.
youtube doesn't do justice to his skills though as the matches then were all brawn no brain, pitches were poor - and hoddle stood out like a light in the darkness. just magic.

bale is good too, his goals somewhat spectacular but its about excelling in basic football. hoddle was about exquisite skill and instinct, it feels as if it was born to play like that.

So now MARCA says that Bale has told Spurs that he wants to join Real and that negotiations has begun. Surely Levy has not changed his mind? Hopefully its the usual bollox

Don't throw the rotten vegetables at us, launch them in the general direction of Marca. The Spanish newspaper today go huge on a story saying that Real Madrid are now in negotiations to sign Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur. It's on the front page and next two interiors, quite a lengthy story.

Marca claim that Gareth Bale told Daniel Levy last week that he wants to leave the Premier League club and sign for Real Madrid which would be terrible news for Tottenham if true. The only way it looked like Real Madrid had any chance of signing the Welshman was if he tried to force his way out of Spurs, if he's asked to go then that would be the first step down that road.

We've said all summer that we can't see Bale moving to Real Madrid this transfer window for several reasons, the Spanish club have already spent a huge amount and have to renew Ronaldo's contract this summer so it's hard to see where they would get the money from. The haven't received much in player sales so far and the money potentially received for Higuain may not be half what they'd need to sign Gareth Bale. Nevertheless, Marca are insistent.

They say that Florentino Perez spoke to Daniel Levy a month ago and offered him Angel Di Maria as part of a deal, but the approach offended Levy who didn't reacted kindly. Since then they say things have changed and the clubs have been talking. It's claimed that Levy asked for Jesse Rodriguez as part of any deal and that Real Madrid have refused point blank.

That part gave us suspicions, if Real Madrid wanted Bale so much they would not let Jesse Rodriguez get in the way of that. However, it looks good on Perez that he would refuse to let go of one of the club's youth products and fits the idea he's been trying to build all summer that Real Madrid will be a team based on Spaniards, preferably from the youth system, with a few stars added. It sounds like PR.

Marca go on to claim that Perez will meet Real Madrid next week and that a deal could be close to being done because Bale has expressed a strong desire to play for the Spanish club next season. Sounds like the classic attempts to unsettle a player.

AS today have a front page saying that Real Madrid are going for Luis Suarez, they can't possibly do both and may not complete either. The major worry for Tottenham and their supporters is that Bale does become unsettled and, assuming Marca are wrong about him already doing so, ask to leave the football club.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...ale-has-told-tottenham-he-wants-to-join-real-

Bale will go if HE wants to go.....nothing has changed.

He knows R.Madrid want him and he knows his wages are gonna be massive. RM cannot froth it up anymore.

He hasn't got a mercenary bone in his body. HE's probably more interested in his new baby girl, and hey the lights are shining on him quite nicely where he is. Life is Good.

Does tapping up rules only apply in England ??

Q: what do you do if you have a powerful army but are wary about attacking what seems to be an impenetrable fortress?????

A: you try and sow the seed of doubt from within to weaken the enemy and damage morale.

sorry for the analogy but the fortress reference means we have Bale tied down to a nice contract, Levy is a nightmare to negotiate with, the player has not come out and said he wants to leave......all of this leaves us in a position of strength.

Marca/Madrid is just trying every dirty trick to unsettle Bale to try and crumble our iron walls.

I was really of the opinion that we would cave in to Madrid and that we would lose our star man.... I was really down about it.....but the longer this goes on I am just realising how desperate and pathetic marca/Madrid are.

long way to sep 1st so not counting chickens yet but am prepared to take my hat off to levy after that date.

didnt they used to catapult diseased ridden cattle carcasses over the walls?

didn't Soldado used to play for Madrid?

[This was posted on the Chadli thread. thought I'd put it on here...as in my opinion this is the most important time now. As a fan for 56 years..its this..or more mediocrity if we don't go for the jugular now!]

I also agree about how well we are doing and how far we have come..were doing Brilliant...but I cant understand fans on here
saying..well oh yeah when Bale goes etc.
Charlieytheyid is right, If we cant build a Team around Bale now..we never will, and we will not break into the real Big time and win Trophies!
Bale is our Cantana..He is our Dave Mackay..We need to get the best quality players around him now...and we need to keep him at Spurs.

Another chance will not come again for decades.

If we cant build a Team around Bale now..we never will, and we will not break into the real Big time and win Trophies!
Bale is our Cantana..He is our Dave Mackay..We need to get the best quality players around him now...and we need to keep him at Spurs.

Absolutely. I hope this vision is shared by the club's owners. All we can do is hope!!!!

Gareth Bale link to Real Madrid returns as Spanish media claim a deal is already done
23 Jul 2013 12:09

The Welsh wizard has "wanted to play at Real Madrid since he was a kid," according to reports in the Spanish capital
Big-money target: Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to pay £65million for Gareth Bale Big-money target: Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to pay £65million for Gareth Bale
Action Images

Gareth Bale has already agreed a six-year deal worth in the region of £5million a year at Real Madrid and has even selected his preferred squad number, reports in Spain suggest today.

This is likely to pile further pressure on Manchester United boss David Moyes who is struggling in his public bid to bring Cesc Fabregas to the club, and remains keen on bringing Bale in too.

Despite Daniel Levy's continued claims to the contrary, it would seem that the Welshman's move to the Bernabeu is fast becoming a matter of time. Marca, known to hold a strong association with the Spanish giants, have today disclosed details of a secret meeting held between Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, and senior Real officials.

Claiming that the Welsh wizard has "wanted to play at Real Madrid since he was a kid," it states that Barnett met with Florentino Perez, the Madrid club's President, on 25th June and told them of Bale's desire to move. Despite the rumoured talks, they remain sceptical however that a deal can be done as the "long and tedious" negotiations with Levy rumble on.

The two-times PFA Players' Player of the Year has even gone as far as to ask for the number eleven shirt upon his rival, if you're to believe the news emanating from the Spanish capital this morning. Going one step further, Perez is said to have given Burnett a sneak-peak at what this year's Real strip would look like with his client's name and number printed on its reverse.

Barnett, the story suggests, then shown the Madrid president a picture of Bale, aged 10, and wearing his beloved 'Galacticos' strip.

After selling Luka Modric to their rivals last summer, for £33million, Levy will undoubtedly be hesitant to let Tottenham appear to be Real's feeder club. The official word from the White Hart Lane club is that Bale is going nowhere, at least for now, but both Madrid and Manchester United remain interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-2080327

Gareth Bale link to Real Madrid returns as Spanish media claim a deal is already done
23 Jul 2013 12:09

The Welsh wizard has "wanted to play at Real Madrid since he was a kid," according to reports in the Spanish capital
Big-money target: Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to pay £65million for Gareth Bale Big-money target: Real Madrid are reportedly prepared to pay £65million for Gareth Bale
Action Images

Gareth Bale has already agreed a six-year deal worth in the region of £5million a year at Real Madrid and has even selected his preferred squad number, reports in Spain suggest today.

This is likely to pile further pressure on Manchester United boss David Moyes who is struggling in his public bid to bring Cesc Fabregas to the club, and remains keen on bringing Bale in too.

Despite Daniel Levy's continued claims to the contrary, it would seem that the Welshman's move to the Bernabeu is fast becoming a matter of time. Marca, known to hold a strong association with the Spanish giants, have today disclosed details of a secret meeting held between Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, and senior Real officials.

Claiming that the Welsh wizard has "wanted to play at Real Madrid since he was a kid," it states that Barnett met with Florentino Perez, the Madrid club's President, on 25th June and told them of Bale's desire to move. Despite the rumoured talks, they remain sceptical however that a deal can be done as the "long and tedious" negotiations with Levy rumble on.

The two-times PFA Players' Player of the Year has even gone as far as to ask for the number eleven shirt upon his rival, if you're to believe the news emanating from the Spanish capital this morning. Going one step further, Perez is said to have given Burnett a sneak-peak at what this year's Real strip would look like with his client's name and number printed on its reverse.

Barnett, the story suggests, then shown the Madrid president a picture of Bale, aged 10, and wearing his beloved 'Galacticos' strip.

After selling Luka Modric to their rivals last summer, for £33million, Levy will undoubtedly be hesitant to let Tottenham appear to be Real's feeder club. The official word from the White Hart Lane club is that Bale is going nowhere, at least for now, but both Madrid and Manchester United remain interested.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-2080327

hahahahahaha and they are paid to write brick like that, what an easy job

Back