• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

As big a club as Man Utd are, as tempting they must be to a pro footballer who wants to win it all, if it was SAF still in the dressing room I would be a little worried, Moyes? not at all.

Especially when you see that Bale and AVB are BFF's.

Especially when you weigh up that they appear to be a bit unstable at the moment, their squad has some key weaknesses on paper and actually isn't that brilliant.

Take central midfield, other than Carrick, Cleverley, Fletcher, Jones, all the other players they play there wouldn't even make it into our squad, let alone our XI.

Their defence again has a lot of average players in it outside of Rio and Vidic.

They have some major strengthening to do and they've been relying on the Fergie factor for the last few years to remain competitive but now the second best player they have public ally wants out after Moyes ballsed up his first major PR/HR test - I think Bale will see all this and 2bh if we get Benteke and a decent wing- forward I think we will be better than them on paper and the jury will be out as to whether Moyes can get more out of that squad the way Fergie could

When I say other than Carrick I meant he's the only player I'd have in our squad - my post makes it look like I'd have fletcher, jones and Cleverley too but I wouldn't and I'm on my phone so can't edit my post!

£60m wouldn't buy an English club Bales right peg, absolute dogbrick journalism.

This is Man Utd trying to sweep up the Rooney affair with BS stuff to keep the fans sweet.

I'm thinking this too.

I'll be fuming though if we sell another prize asset to United, even for £60m. And I dont think I would be the only one

Seriously guys, if weve told Madrid to fudge off at £80m then were hardly going to sell to United for £60m

Selling Bale this window to a foreign club for less than £80m-£100m would be bad enough but to one of our main rivals for £60m?

United are having a laugh.

Apologies Marky was typing whilst you were posting the same point.

Last edited:

I'm assuming the Man Utd board will back Moyes to the hilt in the transfer market (this first summer at least). So he probably has the money to spend, but I just can't see Levy selling to them - especially when he could probably pick up the phone and get Real Madrid to pay whatever United offer plus 5 million. And you can be sure Levy would rather see Bale go to Spain than go to Manchester.

However, unless Moyles is very shrewd in the market I really do think we might see United's worst season for a long time. That said, the one thing he does have in common with Fergie is his ability to get a squad playing better than they look on paper. But I imagine the culture (and pressure) at Man Utd is very different to what he's used to. I'm not saying United *will* have a bad season, just that it's more likely than it's been for a while. And as for Bale to Manchester... it's never going to happen.

Seriously guys, if weve told Madrid to fudge off at £80m then were hardly going to sell to United for £60m

In fairness, I don't think Madrid ever made an official offer. So we've not actually turned them down. We've just made it clear that we *would* turn them down if an offer were made.

I expect Levy just picked up the phone to Moyes and told him, "Davy boy, you just made coffee come out of my nose."

Over 12 hours without a Bale update, this could spell trouble !

The Daily Star are today reporting that Gareth Bale has told his mates that he would like to join Manchester United.

Anyone who believes this utter drivel has slightly less intelligence that the macarons who wrote it.

Over 12 hours without a Bale update, this could spell trouble !

It more likely spells nothing as IF they've bid £60m we WILL have transferred them to the hang-up department and unlike a certain Spanish team they're not in the habit of wheeling out every ex player to say how brilliant Bale would be for them.

Total non-story and Martin Lipton called if right, he tweeted that a Utd bid for Bale makes sense for all kinds of reasons but won't get anywhere as we won't sell and Bale won't force a transfer. John Cross then pulled him up for crapping on a colleague's story!

It would take a bid in excess of £100m IMO. Bale is single handedly raising the global profile of the club. There would be all kinds of adverse commerical ramifications to selling him. Not simply, we need a new winger / attacking mid.

i can imagine Bale being frustrated like some of the fans are by the lack of transfer activity

If we're not going to buy some proper players this summer, we may as well just sell Bale now(to Madrid for £81m).

If we're not going to buy some proper players this summer, we may as well just sell Bale now(to Madrid for £81m).

That's the spirit.

Unless you count Paulinho as a proper player. Or is he made of plasticine or something?

Good lord, you'd think after ten years of Levy people would have learnt to be a bit more patient.

That's the spirit.

Unless you count Paulinho as a proper player. Or is he made of plasticine or something?

Good lord, you'd think after ten years of Levy people would have learnt to be a bit more patient.

Nah mate. We could sign Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar and people would still find something to complain about. I've been following Spurs my entire life... I'm not old enough to have witnessed the early-60s glory days so to be perfectly honest, this is almost certainly the best and most exciting Spurs team of my lifetime. I remember the Hoddle / Ardiles years and the glorious cup wins, but as a team I don't think we've been this good in 40 years. I'm loving being a Spurs fan right now... I remember the dark days and the annual false dawns. Right now, the eternal optimism finally seems grounded in reality.

And yet a good 50% of the stuff I read from Spurs fans online is negative.

Don't get me wrong - we all know the team can be improved (and my position on selling Adebayor is obviously viewed as being negative by some). But the relentless negativity from some people is mind-boggling.

EDIT: Just to make it clear; this is not aimed at anyone in particular. It's just a general impression from the past six months or so.

I imagine that he is focused on his day-to-day training, his fitness, his teammates, his family, his hair and his endorsement deals, and not so much on transfer rumors and gossip and what odd player from abroad Spurs may or may not sign.

Back