• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

I presume the whole face of BT thing must have some clause stating that he stays in the PL or no money, or worse. I'm also thinking Levy might be in negotiations with Under Armour to pony up some of Bale's wages. Bale is a marketing exec's wet dream and UA are not about to give up their trump card easily. UAare trying to make a name for themselves in the footie sphere and Bale really is the most talked about footballer out there at the moment.

There is a sense of deja vu about this whole affair but I suspect it will end differently than the Modric saga from last season.

[video=youtube;kKAv6rjOtE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kKAv6rjOtE4[/video]

Barnett sounds like a right cnut

Jonathon Barnett is obvioulsly hopeful Bale goes. If he stays then he won't be pocketing a hefty middle man fee. Until I hear Bale saying he wants to leave, then it's nonsense. Even if he does want to go, with 4 years on a contract remaining and Levy doing the bargaining, I can't see it this summer

id take 100 mill now if it was offered....imagine how many Dempseys we could buy for 100 mill

The thing is its an empty feeling if we do cling onto him this season as its inevitable he will leave the following season.

Im kind of sick of that feeling where the clubs are taking our better players - Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale to name a few. Before that it was the likes of Teddy (at the time he was awesome).

Bale really is in the top five players in the world (possibly top three - but he is the only one who can really be attained) and 60m aint enough. 80m - like Ronaldo - and next season not this season.

The theme is the guy should really be playing CL football and I would love him to get us there and represent us one more time. I dont, unlike Modric, begrudge him the move as he has made no such hoohaa (early days nonetheless).

Jonathon Barnett is obvioulsly hopeful Bale goes. If he stays then he won't be pocketing a hefty middle man fee. Until I hear Bale saying he wants to leave, then it's nonsense. Even if he does want to go, with 4 years on a contract remaining and Levy doing the bargaining, I can't see it this summer

Its three not four.

The thing is if Bale doesnt sign - he would have two years next season and his value drops from say 60m to 40m. Thats something that may well play on Levys mind. I think Bale signs and we agree to let him go next season if no CL. At least that way WE both win. Bale strikes me as a genuine guy and wants to pay us back for the faith we have shown him and how we have developed him.

Its three not four.

The thing is if Bale doesnt sign - he would have two years next season and his value drops from say 60m to 40m. Thats something that may well play on Levys mind. I think Bale signs and we agree to let him go next season if no CL. At least that way WE both win. Bale strikes me as a genuine guy and wants to pay us back for the faith we have shown him and how we have developed him.

Bale's value will not drop if he has 2 years left on his deal. For the very best players the buying clubs will pay whatever it takes. Man Utd paid 24 mill, and 200k a week, for 29 year old RVP who had only one year left on his deal. Thats massive

I thought he has 3 years remaining

If I am Levy I sit Bale down and tell him to give us one more year. Bale does not look the kind of player that would do a Berbatov/Modric and come out with crap like "I am not in the right frame of mind" to play in a Spurs shirt

If I am Levy I sit Bale down and tell him to give us one more year. Bale does not look the kind of player that would do a Berbatov/Modric and come out with crap like "I am not in the right frame of mind" to play in a Spurs shirt

We all thought the same about Modric until summer 2011, just saying.

Modric gave us an extra year after the £40m bid from Chelsea.

I don't see why Bale should play an extra year if I'm honest. As mentioned previously, a four year absense from CL for a player of his ability could start to hinder his development.

How and why do people still keep saying that?

"Bale does not look like the kind of player that will ask for a move"? how exactly are you making these judgements. I remember the same damn thing was said about Robbie Keane. People saying there's absolutely no way he will ask for a move as he loves us, you can see it in his eyes, etc etc etc etc. I used to read it amazed at how naive a lot of people sounded.

Same with Luka before he asked to leave for Chelski. "Luka doesn't seem like a guy that would ask to leave"...how does a player that will ask to leave look? meh whatever but how people can still fall for the same trap is shocking to me. Fool me once.....

I thought he has 3 years remaining

My mistake, sorry.

Also, in interviews Bale has clearly expressed a desire to play abroad, but has always said he is still learning and won't leave until he feels he is ready. He is no doubt ready now, but I get the feeling he believes in AVB and wants to try and be part of something here. Levy shouldn't worry about the value of Bale decreasing if he stays one more year, he should invest now to show Bale (and others) that we have the desire to push on, and that we can win trophies

Last edited:
Back