• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Naughty Spurs, once again stopping a big club from getting their player.

And Gareth. All these people in the media saying you're good enough to play for Real Madrid. Isn't it time you and your agent started making some noises? Or are you so inconsiderate as to letting them do all the work and pay the full price?

Not exactly hard at the moment, they really arent very good at all, take out Ronaldo and they would be mid-table every year

I think you guys are overreacting.

When a player is linked to a bigger club the media will have stories about it, the bigger the club the more stories.

Former stars like Zidane will make comment about top class players, especially if they are linked to the club he's working for. As he's allowed to do, as we all watched Redknapp do during his time at Spurs, as we saw AVB do about some of his former players and (I think) other players.

It's the same, although on a smaller scale, when players are being linked to us.

Gareth Bale isn't going to wake up one day, pick up a copy of the sun or some other rag and suddenly realize that Real Madrid are interested in him.

There are instances where clubs go out of line with the press, what can be considered "tapping up". Stating (or leaking) wage figures they are prepared to offer and so on, but from what I've seen what's going on here is just the normal tabloid talk and rent-a-quote former stars doing what they're being paid to do by the media. Give their opinion.

The closest would've been Hoddle...Forest & Man U angle-volleys from the edge of the box, Watford away delicious turn and chip, Watford home last ever match for us t the Lane and 'that' goal against Oxford, debut goal at Stoke, rifled 30 yard screamer at Anfield, Chelsea Cup QF...those are just off the top of my head from games I saw. What would be scary if is if the two had been in the SAME SIDE! :eek: Glennda is my favorite all-time Spur, But I think Bale is just incredible too...

Still literally makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I watch footage of Hoddle. How weird is that?

I am loving the attention we are getting from these 'Elite' clubs to be honest regarding Gareth Bale, mainly because for some reason, and I cannot say I have felt this before with previous players.. I am 100% confident that Bale will not be leaving this year.

Should he leave in the future and looking at fees at the minute, 100m is achievable, especially when Neymar joins Barca and Madrid feel they need to react. I honestly believe Bale will be the first 100m player.

BLGToUzCAAAIwCp.jpg

On this day in 2007, Spurs signed 17-year-old left-back Gareth Bale from Southampton.

this was like, ok, you me - mano a mano.

ibmU8346AbLNdD.gif

this one is better, a little tease at the start from a complete standstill..

8755021238_43dc61be9f_o.gif

simply a player at the top of his game.

So.. anyone notice the difference. Defoe although offside (sigh) him and Siggi.. closing down the keeper. =D>

Ade, still standing still

i THINK bale will stay but am not confident.

not as confident as with the modric situation that summer levy said he wont sell anyone

Agreed.

I'm not in any doubt at all. He'll stay. I'm more worried about the following summer when he will leave if we don't get Champions League football. But until then which is 12 bloody months away can we just talk about his amazing ability? :)

Remember the days people use to get tinkled off with him because he seemed obsessed with his hair? :D

Remember the days people use to get tinkled off with him because he seemed obsessed with his hair? :D

yeah I mean who could forget this

[video=youtube;tbhGuiE2e40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbhGuiE2e40[/video]

Having watched a bunch of Bale vids tonight - I truely think he is priceless to to us. It should take £200m to prize him away.

We say he is like Ronaldo (Madrid) but looking at some of his vids - he could be like the original Ronaldo too.

Keep him at all costs. As Spurs fans we should just say "no" - we will not sell.

Gareth Bale: Tottenham's Steffen Freund hoping forward will stay

Tottenham assistant manager Steffen Freund says Gareth Bale is feeling "positive", despite doubts over the forward's future at the club.

Spurs failed to qualify for next season's Champions League to heighten speculation that Wales international Bale, 23, could leave this summer.

"He's really positive," said Freund, after Tottenham returned from a post-season tour to the Bahamas.

"He's enjoying playing for Spurs, he's enjoying being with his team-mates."

The German added: "Hopefully, he understands it would be great for him to play another year, or maybe all three years on his contract, for Spurs to grow.

"Maybe we can go all the way to the Champions League next season, maybe we can win some silverware and cup games."

Tottenham missed out on a Champions League place on the final day of the season as they were beaten to a top-four spot by rivals Arsenal.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has already stated it is vital the club keep their star player.

"We are really close to the top four and that's why maybe with him as a leader in the future that would be great," said Freund.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22669113

Real Madrid are ready to test Tottenham Hotspur’s insistence that Gareth Bale is not for sale at any price this summer by making a £60 million bid for the Wales international.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10080647/Real-Madrid-ready-to-tempt-Tottenham-Hotspur-resolve-with-an-audacious-60m-summer-bid-for-Gareth-Bale.html

...and yet...

Spurs tell Real Madrid to pay £63m for Gareth Bale

TOTTENHAM chairman Daniel Levy will tell Real Madrid to pay £63million if they want to sign star man Gareth Bale.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/396773/Spurs-tell-Real-Madrid-to-pay-63m-for-Gareth-Bale

The above is an old article of nothing, and hopefully Kingdawson's story is much of the same.

Back