• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

Spurs win % with Bale this season = 50%
Spurs win % without Bale this season = 50%

Keep calm and carry on.

The injury to Tottenham's star man will be a huge worry for manager Andre Villas-Boas. Not least because Spurs have not won a game without a goal from their No 11 since New Years Day.

The stats on SSN showed we average more goals scored without Bale funnily enough!? Stats really can show an argument for anything

You're not allowed to, Roy.

We had the chance to recall Rose in January but we decided it's best for him to stay at Sunderland.

You're not allowed to, Roy.

We had the chance to recall Rose in January but we decided it's best for him to stay at Sunderland.

I could handle them leaving Rose at the time as he is now becoming a full back and not the winger he started as, and we had cover for the full back position. But letting Townsend go was nuts. Lennon and Bale's only similiar replacement was Townsend and we loaned him out. Its good for him to get game time BUT this could screw us over badly.

There was a good chance that Townsend would have got 0 hours game time if he stayed here. If Lenon got injured I am sure Dempsey / Holtby would have been next in line.

Prem Loans have been good for Walker and Caulker - I am not sure Townsend would have been trusted either way.

i still think he will not be a good enough player for spurs and perhaps this is a way to raise his price before the summer.

Hindsight is great though

Townsend will easily make the grade at Spurs.

This.

If not a starter, certainly someone who can fill in during Cup/European games and play when wide men need a rest or come on as a late sub (which he was actually doing quite well earlier on in the season).

We need the guys who know the club, have been brought up through the club in our squad. I think they are vital. You see it at Arsenal, you see it at Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. with Caulker, Livermore, Carroll, Townsend etc round our squads, it's always a good thing.

Agree with the point you make Mumorm, but would add I think he will go on to be a more crucial player for us than the average squad player. He has bags of ability and think under AVB will go on to achieve big things....

Here's the challenge people are forgetting with player like Townsend, Carroll, Caulker, etc.

Young players need playing time to improve and get consistent, Townsend/Carroll have already gotten stick on this forum in the past because they have a good game, then a poor game. Putting them out on loan allows them to learn than consistency without a negative impact on our results.

Obviously the lack of wing cover was a risk in January, but the view probably was Bale/Lennon can interchange w/Siggy & Dempsey also able to play in left or right roles. The chances of Bale, Lennon and Dempsey all being injured at the same time was unlikely ... (someone forgot it is Spurs)

David Ornstein‏@bbcsport_david1m
Bale's ankle injury not as bad as feared. Scan went well, not out for season & #thfc hope he'll be back for #mcfc on 21 April #bbcfootball

Female physio on Sky Sports says 2-3 weeks. Grade 2 injury. Said its the 2nd time he's injured this ankle so he it is something that could cause him further grief in the future.

Back