• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

So...Zizou was at the game last night, which was true as he was sitting a few rows behind me....the rumour is this morning in Lyon that he was there to watch Bale....only a rumour though..

He still works for Madrid, also was a high profile game for French football so not surprised they were all at the game

He still works for Madrid, also was a high profile game for French football so not surprised they were all at the game

I agree. Sounds like someone putting two and two together to get "Bale to Madrid". I think Madrid will have been watching him a lot this season anyway and won't be basing anything on just one game watched by Zizou.

Bale's apparent weakness : he cannot score simple goals like tap-ins !

He has missed a sitter for the third consecutive match ! It seems he can only score great goals ! He is more like a scorer of great goals than a great goal scorer. He needs to improve on that if he wants to become a full time striker.

Bale's apparent weakness : he cannot score simple goals like tap-ins !

He has missed a sitter for the third consecutive match ! It seems he can only score great goals ! He is more like a scorer of great goals than a great goal scorer. He needs to improve on that if he wants to become a full time striker.

Mate - that was everything but a sitter!

Not sure if you've ever played the game but hitting a volley first time, with the ball coming behind you is mighty, mighty hard - you have to estimate where the ball would land relative to your foot, as well as its speed, in order to direct you shot accurately in terms of direction and power.

Would have been a great goal if it went in

Zidane was shown at the game on ITV. Was great to see.

Zidane was scouting for Real. Hope he reported back that Bale is sh!t

Platini was also there...hahahahahaha an English club knocking out a French team in front of so many important figures :lol:

Mate - that was everything but a sitter!

Not sure if you've ever played the game but hitting a volley first time, with the ball coming behind you is mighty, mighty hard - you have to estimate where the ball would land relative to your foot, as well as its speed, in order to direct you shot accurately in terms of direction and power.

Would have been a great goal if it went in

Was not a sitter, however he did go for the spectacular. To be consistent he has to realise when he can take a touch.

He had a huge amount of free space, time enough to control the ball and take his shot, if he had i'd back him to score every time.

Can't be too critical mind, the lad is scoring the majority of our goals at the moment.

I'm all for him copying Ronaldo's technique when it comes to taking free kicks, but does he really need to line up to the ball square on like Ronaldo does? That can't have any effect on the free kick surely :lol:

Also, lose the douche sideburns. But keep scoring those great goals :)

All the people that say they would stop following football if we got a sugar daddy, I agree but part of me thinks we would stand a better chance of keeping our players if we could pay more money. But I understand the arguement about buying trophies.

Oh bleeping hell why! WHY!!!!!!!!!

SHUT THE HELL UP THFC PLAYERS!!! WHERE THE F-ING PR/MEDIA DEPARTMENT EVERY YEAR WHEN THIS brick HAPPENS????](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

yep me and urgen were having a bet as to who it would be this year, i said it would be dawson, forget who he said it would be.

We will look like the usual mugs when we lose to them and the players will moan about the dodgy penalty or the off side goal etc but i just wish the players would shut the fudge up and get on with it.

When we finish above them in the league and they are in the europa and we are in the champs league then i might think it has changed but till then i will not believe it

Our big chance came when they needed to make the champs league because of the money for the new stadium, but thanks to some dodgy food and general corruption in the game we never managed to finish above them now they have brick loads of money we will find it a lot harder

yep me and urgen were having a bet as to who it would be this year, i said it would be dawson, forget who he said it would be.

We will look like the usual mugs when we lose to them and the players will moan about the dodgy penalty or the off side goal etc but i just wish the players would shut the fudge up and get on with it.

When we finish above them in the league and they are in the europa and we are in the champs league then i might think it has changed but till then i will not believe it

Our big chance came when they needed to make the champs league because of the money for the new stadium, but thanks to some dodgy food and general corruption in the game we never managed to finish above them now they have brick loads of money we will find it a lot harder

I really wonder how stupid some of our players are; am clutching straws and hoping that Bale's quote is from sometime last season and re-hashed to make it look like he said it revently....

Now we’re Tot dogs!

Bale: Spurs have finally shot past under-fire Gunners

AFTER being dumped out of the Capital One Cup at Bradford, knocked out of the FA Cup by Blackburn and outclassed in the Champions League by Bayern Munich, Arsene Wenger probably thought it could not get any worse.

Unfortunately for the beleaguered Arsenal boss, it just has.

Gareth Bale, one of the best players in the world right now, has exclusively told SunSport he believes the balance of power in North London has shifted massively and that his Tottenham side are now stronger than the Gunners.

Bale, 23, said: “I think five or 10 years ago Arsenal were always miles ahead of Tottenham. But that has changed in recent years.

“Over the past few seasons we have closed that gap and I think now we have overtaken them on the pitch. I think we have the stronger squad.

“Hopefully we can continue to do that as a club off the pitch as well, with the new stadium that is being built.

“But on the pitch and as a team now we are a lot more consistent and as a club we’re moving in the right direction.

“Arsenal may say they are still ahead of us.

“But whatever people’s opinions I don’t think anyone can deny we are up there fighting with them on merit now.”

It is hard to disagree — Spurs are one point ahead of the Gunners and the two sides meet at White Hart Lane next Sunday.

Reports claimed last week that Wenger was once close to taking Bale from Southampton to Arsenal.

As we chatted at a police sports ground in Essex, Bale — who joined Spurs in 2007 — refuted those allegations, insisting: “I don’t remember Arsenal being interested in me, to be honest.

“But anyhow it wouldn’t have made a difference as I made my choice to come to Tottenham on footballing decisions.

“I thought they were a club on the up and while other clubs wanted me to start off in the reserves, Tottenham said they wanted me to challenge for a first-team place right away.

“And that was the most important thing for me.”

It is a decision, you have to say, that looks justified at the moment.

Bale’s star is certainly in the ascendancy.

But before the clash against the Gunners, Bale and his team-mates face another London derby, at West Ham tomorrow when he will come up against his Wales international colleague James Collins in the Hammers defence.

Bale revealed: “He texted me the other day, saying: ‘Don’t be too hard on us’. ”

You can totally understand Collins’ anxiety.

With 21 goals for club and country this season, Bale is being mentioned in the same breath as Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Spurs man admitted: “Yes, I am probably in the best form of my career. It’s probably the most I’ve enjoyed my football as well.”

He puts his blistering form down to the free role he has been given under new boss Andre Villas-Boas (right) this season.

Bale said: “Since I moved position over the last couple of years I’ve been getting double-marked on the left so it’s been frustrating.

“Now I’ve been able to come inside with this free role and it’s enabled me to enjoy my football, have more space and be able to do more things.

“All great players have had to evolve their games. When people become aware of you they try to stop the ball getting to you and double up on you.

“You always want to improve your game anyway and this has forced me to do so.

“It’s been a challenge, I really enjoy doing it and I think I’m seeing the rewards now.

“I think the manager has to take a bit of credit. By giving me that free role he’s given me the confidence to do what I’m doing now.

“I just want to keep doing it and keep learning. Hopefully there’s still more to come.”

And what about those comparisons with Real Madrid ace Ronaldo? Bale said: “It’s obviously flattering that I am playing well enough to be compared to him.

“All I can do is keep working hard on my game.

“How do I think we compare at the moment? He’s 28 and I’m 23, he’s obviously a lot more advanced in his career.

“I am still young and like to think I am improving every year like he was when he was my age.

“Hopefully I can keep on improving and one day get to the level he’s at now.”

Ask Bale who is the best player in the world and you get your reply instantly.

“Ronaldo,” says the mild- mannered fella from Cardiff. “As an all-round player I think he is better than Lionel Messi.”

When Bale joined Spurs he was seen as an attacking left-back. Just six years on he is being viewed as arguably the third-best player in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo.

Bale is happy to join the debate about what his best position on the pitch is.

He said: “Anywhere but left-back! I feel very comfortable wherever I play at the moment.”

His evolution has led to him changing the number on his back from three to 11.

He explained: “It’s always been my favourite shirt number.

“Even when I played left-back as a schoolboy I always wore No 11. I wanted No 11 when I first joined Spurs but Mido had it!

“Then every time it became available it was snapped up again.

“So when Rafael van der Vaart left in the summer I asked if I could have it and they said yes.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-are-stronger-than-Arsenal.html#ixzz2LmBHxBY9

Just hate it when a Spurs player comes out with a statement like that before any match. Why don't they just keep their opinion to themselves and prove their worth on the field instead. Remember the Vertonghen interview before we played Arsenal earlier in the season ? We got thrashed 2-5. I know they need to give their view to the media but they should be more "humble" in their interview. There is no need to give extra motivation to the other teams to beat us.

Last edited:

whats he supposed to say? "No, I think they are better than us, them dingdonging us 5-2 two years in a row proves that really. When you face opponents with the quality of Mertesacker, Gervinho and Ramsay you just have to hold your hands up and attempt not to tinkle your pants and hide the look of pure fear in your eyes."

I don't see anything at wrong with what he said. He said its close between the teams; they were miles better no we have caught up.

Back