• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

So we are in the middle of February, with over 3 months left of the season, and Real Madrids mouthpiece MARCA has already set the "Bale to Real Madrid" campaign in full drive.

http://www.marca.com/multimedia/primeras/13/02/0216.html

This is the second time they have Bale on their front cover in the space of a few months. Hopefully it wont unsettle him too much going into the pivotal part of the season.

I hardly doubt he reads Marca

From Marca

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Owen, Beckham, Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Özil and now Gareth Bale. The Welshman could become Florentino Pérez’s tenth 'Galáctico' signing as the Real Madrid president looks to commence a new project in the summer.

Bale, along with Robin Van Persie, has proved to be the Premier League’s star performer so far this season. The winger’s sublime display against Olympique Lyon in the Europa League was monitored by Real and the player was described as 'The left-footed Cristiano Ronaldo'. André Vilas-Boas has been playing the Welsh star behind the striker a lot more this season – first starting from the left wing and in a more central position in recent games – allowing the youngster’s goal-record to flourish.

Bale’s goal-tally this campaign is simply outstanding – 21 goals in 36 official games for both Tottenham Hotspur and Wales – and has scored just one goal fewer than Karim Benzema (13) and Gonzalo Higuaín (9) together. As revealed by MARCA on 28th December, Real Madrid will have preference over clubs looking to snap up Bale, after an agreement between the two clubs when Real signed Luka Modric in the summer. If Spurs Chairman David Levy accepts Bale’s request to leave the London club at the end of the season, 'Los Blancos' will have first choice, heading a long list of admirers of the player.

The Welsh goal-machine’s contract expires in 2016 at Tottenham, where he has been plying his trade since 2007, but the player feels his time at the club is coming to an end. Bale wants to form part of a team that regularly plays in the Champions League and has the chance of lifting the most sought after trophy in club football.

Love the bit in bold

From Marca

Figo, Zidane, Ronaldo, Owen, Beckham, Kaká, Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Özil and now Gareth Bale. The Welshman could become Florentino Pérez’s tenth 'Galáctico' signing as the Real Madrid president looks to commence a new project in the summer.

Bale, along with Robin Van Persie, has proved to be the Premier League’s star performer so far this season. The winger’s sublime display against Olympique Lyon in the Europa League was monitored by Real and the player was described as 'The left-footed Cristiano Ronaldo'. André Vilas-Boas has been playing the Welsh star behind the striker a lot more this season – first starting from the left wing and in a more central position in recent games – allowing the youngster’s goal-record to flourish.

Bale’s goal-tally this campaign is simply outstanding – 21 goals in 36 official games for both Tottenham Hotspur and Wales – and has scored just one goal fewer than Karim Benzema (13) and Gonzalo Higuaín (9) together. As revealed by MARCA on 28th December, Real Madrid will have preference over clubs looking to snap up Bale, after an agreement between the two clubs when Real signed Luka Modric in the summer. If Spurs Chairman David Levy accepts Bale’s request to leave the London club at the end of the season, 'Los Blancos' will have first choice, heading a long list of admirers of the player.

The Welsh goal-machine’s contract expires in 2016 at Tottenham, where he has been plying his trade since 2007, but the player feels his time at the club is coming to an end. Bale wants to form part of a team that regularly plays in the Champions League and has the chance of lifting the most sought after trophy in club football.

Love the bit in bold

No danger of them ever providing a source to back that statement up of course, the contemptible bricks.

Bale wants to form part of a team that regularly plays in the Champions League and has the chance of lifting the most sought after trophy in club football.

Love the bit in bold

Well that rules Madrid out then, they have won it since 2002 and dont look like doing so anytime soon

What about Bayern?

Guardiola is a "it's my way or the highway" type guy. At the moment they have Robben and Ribery. The wing would be a strange place to strengthen. But if one of them tinkles Guardiola off and he sells one, he can use that money and some extra to buy Bale, perhaps. But I'm not sure what kind of prices those guys would fetch.

They spent about 60 million last summer and about 35 million the summer before that. (Well, 40ish-5ish=35ish...)

They have very weird finances. They spend like crazy. When they have paid off their stadium, everyone should be very afraid of the money they will have to spend... These are the guys that take jabs at Emirates Marketing Project, PSG and all the other loss making clubs and support FFP more than anyone else in the world... They do care about FFP though, so they won't spend money they can't afford to spend. With around £95 million spent in the last 2 years, I'm not sure if they have the money now, but they do have money. I'm sure Guardiola will be given a lot of money for his first transfer window, but 70-80 million on one player is more than "a lot" and it would be a huge risk to spend it all on one player. If an injury takes him out for half a season that'd suck, but I guess that's the case for all clubs, which is why so few can afford to take a risk with Bale. (Although in Bayern's case, if they keep Ribery and Robben, they'd have insurance if Bale did get injured.)

When it came to last summer, they just went ahead and bought out Javi Martinez's contract. He got his stuff and left, Bilbao were left perplexed. I'm glad we don't have to have release clauses in our contracts.

I don't know the club well enough to say for sure. Guardiola is one of those manager names that might lure players... Bayern can compete with any club in the world for wages if they want to... The German league is a very good league but doesn't get the credit it deserves. Bale might not want to go to that league now, but the german teams are rocking the CL this year. Dortmund through, city out... Schalke top of their group outplayed Arsenal twice (no shock that Holtby was a hero in his first game for Spurs after that), Bayern are Bayern. So I think the German league's prestige will grow. Guardiola will help it grow too. I think Bayern already have a friendly set up with Barca for pre season. Everyone is going to be interested to see what he does with that team.

Bayern are a good possession side, Bayern like inverted wingers, Bayern have money.

In conclusion, they might be able to afford him now, they will probably be able to afford him after Guardiola's first season in charge depending on who comes in and who leaves. They aren't in England or even London so they won't have to pay a Levy tax like Chelsea would have. It's certainly possible. It's just a case of whether he'd want to go there, whether they'd be ok spending that much money on one player and what Guardiola is going to do with his side. If we still have Bale in 18 months, Madrid and Bayern seem the most likely 2 destinations.

The most beautiful ironic thing ever would be Guardiola, blanked Ronaldo at the Ballon D'or awards, disliked Mourinho's style of being a rival... Ronaldo was the poster boy for Real Madrid... If he signs Ronaldo lite, it'd be so hilarious. As much as I hope it never happens, I can't deny it'd be funny.

“We’ll never pursue a risky business strategy, but we will continue to sign high quality players. We’ll invest in quality, not quantity. We’d rather have one more Ribéry than three surplus players.”
Rummenigge.

“We should not close our eyes when it comes to Munich’s financial strength. They purchase a goalkeeper for €22 million and he only has a one-year contract with Schalke. Not even Real Madrid have done such a thing.”
Rudi Voller (Bayer Leverkusen sporting director)

When did Bale request to leave Spurs at the end of the season? Is that articles long things up or have I really missed this news?!

When did Bale request to leave Spurs at the end of the season? Is that articles making things up or have I really missed this news?!

Guardiola is a "it's my way or the highway" type guy. At the moment they have Robben and Ribery. The wing would be a strange place to strengthen. But if one of them tinkles Guardiola off and he sells one, he can use that money and some extra to buy Bale, perhaps. But I'm not sure what kind of prices those guys would fetch.

They spent about 60 million last summer and about 35 million the summer before that. (Well, 40ish-5ish=35ish...)

They have very weird finances. They spend like crazy. When they have paid off their stadium, everyone should be very afraid of the money they will have to spend... These are the guys that take jabs at Emirates Marketing Project, PSG and all the other loss making clubs and support FFP more than anyone else in the world... They do care about FFP though, so they won't spend money they can't afford to spend. With around £95 million spent in the last 2 years, I'm not sure if they have the money now, but they do have money. I'm sure Guardiola will be given a lot of money for his first transfer window, but 70-80 million on one player is more than "a lot" and it would be a huge risk to spend it all on one player. If an injury takes him out for half a season that'd suck, but I guess that's the case for all clubs, which is why so few can afford to take a risk with Bale. (Although in Bayern's case, if they keep Ribery and Robben, they'd have insurance if Bale did get injured.)

When it came to last summer, they just went ahead and bought out Javi Martinez's contract. He got his stuff and left, Bilbao were left perplexed. I'm glad we don't have to have release clauses in our contracts.

I don't know the club well enough to say for sure. Guardiola is one of those manager names that might lure players... Bayern can compete with any club in the world for wages if they want to... The German league is a very good league but doesn't get the credit it deserves. Bale might not want to go to that league now, but the german teams are rocking the CL this year. Dortmund through, city out... Schalke top of their group outplayed Arsenal twice (no shock that Holtby was a hero in his first game for Spurs after that), Bayern are Bayern. So I think the German league's prestige will grow. Guardiola will help it grow too. I think Bayern already have a friendly set up with Barca for pre season. Everyone is going to be interested to see what he does with that team.

Bayern are a good possession side, Bayern like inverted wingers, Bayern have money.

In conclusion, they might be able to afford him now, they will probably be able to afford him after Guardiola's first season in charge depending on who comes in and who leaves. They aren't in England or even London so they won't have to pay a Levy tax like Chelsea would have. It's certainly possible. It's just a case of whether he'd want to go there, whether they'd be ok spending that much money on one player and what Guardiola is going to do with his side. If we still have Bale in 18 months, Madrid and Bayern seem the most likely 2 destinations.

The most beautiful ironic thing ever would be Guardiola, blanked Ronaldo at the Ballon D'or awards, disliked Mourinho's style of being a rival... Ronaldo was the poster boy for Real Madrid... If he signs Ronaldo lite, it'd be so hilarious. As much as I hope it never happens, I can't deny it'd be funny.

Rummenigge.

Rudi Voller (Bayer Leverkusen sporting director)

I was sort of half watching Football Focus earlier and Robben was being interviewed-wasn't taking a lot of notice. Why the IV and what did he say? Is he whoring himself for an EPL return?

What I find interesting is the presumption in Spain that Madrid hold all the aces and that they will therefore be able to steal Bale for less than £40 million (if £40 million could ever be deemed a 'steal"). Didn't quite work out like that with Modric, did it? They spent all summer trying to get him for a tad over £20 million and, in the end, caved in and paid the best part of £35 million.

If Madrid want Bale this summer, they will firstly have to hope that he wants to to leave. There's no guarantee of that yet and, without it, Levy won't sell. They will secondly have to offer in the region of £50 million before Danny Boy is happy to shake hands on a deal.

Nice comparison between Bale and Ronaldo :

------------------------

MARTIN SAYS: Cristiano Ronaldo played six seasons in English football from the age of 18 to 23. Gareth Bale is currently mid-way through his sixth season and made his first appearance at around the same age, so it is possible to follow their progression, though it must remembered that Ronaldo was playing for a Manchester United side that was playing for the title each season, while Bale has been playing for a Tottenham side that has not had the same aspirations - and was also played as a left-back in his early years!

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,15122_8499918,00.html
8vuki.jpg

------------------------------------

Attachments

• Bale Vs CRonaldo.jpg
    Bale Vs CRonaldo.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Meanwhile, Aaron Ramsey knows international team-mate Bale’s unbelievable run of form is no fluke.

The pair remain good friends despite playing for north London rivals Arsenal and Tottenham.

Gunners midfielder Ramsey said: “When Bale first started at Tottenham they were struggling to win whenever he played, but it’s unbelievable how quickly things can change in football.

“As soon as they moved him up the pitch, he has been unplayable.

“Those free-kicks he produced against Lyon on Thursday – I’ve seen how he does it when we stay behind after training with Wales.

“He stays behind and practices them and it has paid off for him.

“Players here at Arsenal practice free-kicks after training and they can win you games, which Gareth proved in the week.

"Maybe it’ll happen for us as well. A few of us stay behind and work on things like that.”

----------------------

Even Arsenal players are openly praising Bale.:lol:

Bale's Spurs team-mate Brad Friedel said his swerving shots are a nightmare for goalkeepers because his ball-striking style sees the ball dip and bend unpredictably.

Friedel, who watched Bale nail two similar free kicks in the Europa League, explained: “I see him every day and he’s one of the best I’ve played with. He has a technique only a few players in the world have - it’s when you can strike with an open foot and you sort of come over the ball.

“A lot of times there’s no spin on the ball, and as a goalkeeper you can’t tell where it’s going to go, and it moves in the air. It’s very difficult. Pepe Reina had all sorts of trouble here when we played Liverpool.

“If there’s no spin on the ball and then in mid-flight it goes the opposite way, there’s no way to train your eye to deal with that. You just have to try to react the best you can.”

Full-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto acknowledge that Bale “is on fire at the moment” before adding: “You can’t become one of the best players in the world in one season. He does good stuff but the best players in the world do this stuff every season so if he does it for one, two, three seasons then, yes, we can start to think he is one of the best.”

----------------------

lets not get ahead of ourselves, he's very very good, but Gazza and Hoddle are 2 of the all time greats

I expect he will hit that level but he's not there yet

anyone fancy a laugh?

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/Wheelchair-bale-366494/

So according to that lot, Wheelchair is more of a player already than Bale, er ok then, has Wheelchair single handedly won or got his team back into a game the amount of times that Bale has

fudge me there are some turds on that thread, especially the know it all gooner, Eboue..

Gee Male doesnt like us do we, maybe a Spurs fan fudged his mum / sister / wife or something

Last edited:

Wheelchair hasn't even played two seasons yet. I remember when Chris Bart-Williams was the next big thing.

So according to that lot, Wheelchair is more of a player already than Bale, er ok then, has Wheelchair single handedly won or got his team back into a game the amount of times that Bale has

fudge me there are some turds on that thread, especially the know it all gooner, Eboue..

Gee Male doesnt like us do we, maybe a Spurs fan fudged his mum / sister / wife or something

Pretty sure that, on the whole, they've only gone so heavily for Wheelchair because of what their current team needs. They have plenty of decent wingers / forwards. They have very little by way of top quality central midfielders. If it was the other way around, I reckon they'd be going for Bale.

Their choice is a commentary on their own team rather than a commentary on the relative merits of Bale and Wheelchair.

Back