• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Re: Gareth Bale

What you want to do is have him with proper wing forwards such as Willian or Muniain, players who are quick and can run the channels and the line and play the centre. This allows all three to float with bale in the False 9 Position.

It would be really good to see him play with the proper support.

why does Bale turn it on for Wales on the right but for us there he looks clueless?

Mainly because Lennon, Ade and to some extent Defoe and Dempsey dont really attack balls that Bale puts over - either from the right or the left.

Mainly because Lennon, Ade and to some extent Defoe and Dempsey dont really attack balls that Bale puts over - either from the right or the left.

Which is why he has so few assists this season, despite putting in a number of great crosses. *sigh*

International football can be pretty different from PL football though (hence Crouch's England and Europe scoring record vs his league record). The teams are usually less organized and less familiar with Bale, and pace becomes an even bigger asset on the international stage.

I'm not saying Bale isn't good in the middle because he clearly is, but I don't know what some of you have been smoking if you really believe we can win playing a false 9 system. We're not Spain. We have a midfield for the most part who don't contribute enough goals.

The minute I hear the words false number 9, I want to throw up. It's a phrase that does my bonce in, irrational I know but there it is.

For what it's worth Defoe's ben a false number 9 for weeks now, and Ade has been all season for us :)

Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo, says Jeff Stelling

If I was Spurs chairman Daniel Levy I'd be a worried man now because Gareth Bale is playing too well, for both club and country.

We already know that Bale is held in high regard by some of Europe's biggest clubs and recent stellar displays have put him firmly back in the shop window.

His goal in Wales' 2-1 friendly victory over Austria was his 17th in all competitions this season and came swiftly after those two superb strikes in the Premier League, against Norwich and West Brom.

I just worry, from Spurs' point of view, that an offer might come along in the summer that they can't refuse.

I heard Jamie Redknapp say on Super Sunday that Bale is 'absolutely world class', that he's 'as good as Ronaldo'.

I don't often disagree with Jamie, but I think it's got to the stage where you can say that Bale is better than Ronaldo because he's simply unplayable.

That's not to denigrate Ronaldo, who has got all the tricks and dynamite in his boots - but so has Bale.

What Bale's got that Ronaldo hasn't is incredible strength and power; Ronaldo is quick but when Bale gets up a head of steam, there's no stopping him.

I'd love to know who the fastest player in the Premier League is if it's not Bale. He's adaptable, too - he can play wide or down the middle. If you want him to do a job defensively, he can do that as well.

Wales fans won't thank me for saying it but it's such a shame that we are unlikely to ever see him play in a major tournament.

It's the 'George Best syndrome' all over again: Bale is one of the best players in the world and as much as I'd love to see him at a World Cup, despite his best efforts, it's not going to happen.

I was in Portugal this week and I saw Ronaldo score against Ecuador and it was a fine goal, but I'm hard pushed to think of another player in Europe (aside from Lionel Messi) who gives you the all-round quality that Bale gives Spurs.

He's the reason why Spurs are where they are now - fourth in the Premier League - and he's the one who could drive them on to a Champions League place, which is the minimum Spurs will need to keep him.

Goddamn, Sky are getting desperate when it comes to selling 'the best league in the world'. Jesus.

1) For Sky reporters fishing for a 'buoyant Tottenham fans rushed to praise their Welsh messiah on messageboards' angle, here;

Gareth Bale is very, very good. He has all the raw attributes, and is being vastly improved by adapting to AVB's tactics, which in turn are being adapted to suit his explosive talents. But he also goes missing in far too many games, makes far too many ineffective runs and puts in far too many (admittedly excellent) crosses that go to waste because our current strikers are either lazy, short or ill at ease to be labelled as 'better than Ronaldo'.

He's good. Great ,even. But Ronaldo and Messi are on a different level to everyone else, and there's little shame in admitting that.

2)For Real Madrid scouts fishing for a 'Fans' analysis' to add to your scouting reports;

He's brick. Utter, utter brick. We should loan him back to Southampton, but I'm not sure they'd take him. Jenas Mk2, and ugly to boot. And he's not actually that fast, it's just that our pitch is short. Not good at anything really. The new Julian Faubert. Madrid shouldn't bother.

;)

A bit over the top comparing him to Ronaldo. No way near that level yet.
But he keeps on improving every year, maturing, getting better. If we had a striker capable of moving in the box he'd be on double figures with assists also. Shame really

Considering their ages I wouldn't swap Bale for Ronaldo, Bale has the potential to be just as good if not better....

For all of Bale's pace and athleticism, Ronaldo is on another level in terms of skill and technical ability.

For all of Bale's pace and athleticism, Ronaldo is on another level in terms of skill and technical ability.

This. The comparison at this stage is laughable. Last year Ronaldo scored what? 60 goals? Probably more?

Bale hasn't scored 60 goals since he joined spurs.

In terms of skill I agree. The one weakness in Bale I see is that one on one he doesn't have the ball skills to beat a player if its not just dribbling past them with pace...

This. The comparison at this stage is laughable. Last year Ronaldo scored what? 60 goals? Probably more?

Bale hasn't scored 60 goals since he joined spurs.

Do you think Ronaldo would have scored 60 goals at Spurs? Take into consideration Ronaldo has played for Man Utd and Madrid (obviously because he's an immense player) and Bale hasn't reached his peak yet, Ronaldo has....

Do you think Ronaldo would have scored 60 goals at Spurs? Take into consideration Ronaldo has played for Man Utd and Madrid (obviously because he's an immense player) and Bale hasn't reached his peak yet, Ronaldo has....

Peak? Thats why it's laughable 'at this stage'.

Not 60. He'd have scored far more then bale has though. Messi and Ronaldo are in a class of their own.

Bale may eventually join that class, but it's an incredibly difficult one to get into.

Back