• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Galaxy Note

edgey-the-yid

Gheorge Popescu
Ok I recently lost my Samsung Galaxy S2 ( :cry: ) and claimed on the insurance, therefor have a brand new shiny S2 in the post. But I've recently been looking at the Galaxy Note and the more I do the more it grows on me, to the point where I'm actually considering selling my New/boxed/sealed Galaxy S2 and putting the little extra towards getting a Galaxy Note.

Now the first thing that will strike you about it is the size... The Note is HUGE (for a phone) with a 5.3" screen it's not far off some of the tablets out there on the market (think the Galaxy tab is 7"). So you could say it bridges the gap between phone and tablet (atleast this seems to be the selling point for the phone). At first the size was off putting but the more I consider it the more I can see the size being an advantage and quite useful for what I used my S2 for.
I work nightshifts driving coaches and often have long breaks down in London during the hours where nothing at all is open... So I tend to sit in my coach and read a book or stream films/tv shows or youtube on my phone. So the big screen is a win for that kind of use.
It's also said the battery life is better than on the S2 plus the processor is 1.4GHz as opposed to the S2 1.2GHz and the Note has full 1080p HD video recording!

:Size difference of Note (left) and S2 (right):

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-vs-Samsung-Galaxy-S2.jpg

I've not mentioned the Stylus as I probably wouldn't use it, but it's ideal for doodling ****s and stuff when your bored... Just like at school :lol:

So what do you guys think? I've seen a few reviews and the only concerns thrown up are it's size, but this doesn't concern me tbh. Has anyone else got one?

Looks good, I think Samsung marketed it as the bridge between smart phone and tablet.

Bit too big for my taste but it does look like a good piece of kit, go for it.

I like Samsung, but as a bloke that carries a phone in my pocket, I don't see why I would ever go for something that big. It would be a pain in the arse right up until I inevitabley broke the thing. Having said that, I think Samsung are a sexy company nowadays.

Cheap Korean unimaginative knock-off carbon copies with the built quality a Lada

/runs away

Last edited:
I got to use one for a few days and i really liked it but not enough to give up my S2. The extra screen size and resolution is great for nearly everything but i found it just too awkward to use one handed. It was stuff like bringing down the status bar from the top and accessing the web address bar on the move that made me think it was slightly too awkward for day to day use.

That said if you have clown size hands or aren't too fussed by having to use it two handed at times (ie you don't walk (waits for inevitable hilarious correction to that word) and use your phone at the same time very often) it's a lovely device and might be better for you than the s2. The stylus is a nice option for scribbling down handwriting or drawing (it's amazing how often you will draw little doodles, diagrams or notes when given the option and it made me look into getting a stylus for my s2) and it runs as fast and looks as nice as the s2.

I'd definitely say it's one you need to try out in person and see how you feel - it doesn't slow down, the screen is gorgeous, everything nice about the s2 is there with the addition of the stylus but that one handed operation was a deal killer for me.

Nice bit of kit, you do look a taco when making a phone call though.

Haha yeah that was probably my only doubt for the phone... But as I don't make many calls, I'm more of a text man, this shouldn't be an issue really.

Having rotten luck with Phones at the mo. Originally lost my Galaxy S2 on 5th March, bought a Galaxy Y for ?ú80 as back up till the Insurance sent me a new one (absolutely horrible phone by the way). Was told on the 13th March my new phone will be with me in 5 working days... Then this morning after work after I flushed the toilet I dropped my Galaxy Y in the bowl!! Now that doesn't work and I've STILL not got my S2 yet!! So missus lent me her Sony Erricson X10 mini... Which with my chunky thumbs is gonna be a nightmare!

So patiently waiting for my S2 to arrive so I can flog it on eBay and get a Galaxy Note instead

I dont get how people manage to lose their phone or drop it in the toilet/bath...it completely baffles me

Quite simple really, carelessness... I drive coaches and when I have my break on them I don't sit on the drivers seat I sit on one of the passengers seats. I left my phone on the seat whilst reading a book, next trip I did, whoever sat in that seat thought "thankyou very much" and that was the last I saw of it. I didn't notice it was gone till the end of my shift when I went to text the missus that I was coming home only to find I had missplaced my phone... Felt sick when I realised what had happened.

As for the toilet episode, I had put the phone on top of the toilet block as I flushed... Somehow it just slid off and into the bowl! It's been in the airing cupboard since and switches on but the screen is just white. So it's fooked!!

An My insurance company are taking the tinkle now. Was put on a "5 working day waiting list" coz my phone was not in stock. That was on 13th... Phoned them yesterday and they said it didn't actually process till the 15th so thats when my 5 working days started. Phoned today (the last of my 5 days) and they said I'm still on the list, phone back tomorrow! Nearly 2 and half weeks since I lost my phone now.

Galaxy note is going back, nice phone just too impractical. Could be perfect for you though edgey.

The Galaxy note is always coming up for sale over on AV Forums. Seems that people get one and find the size too much for a phone

Couple of things;

-if you drop your phone in water take the battery out immediately and put it somewhere warm in a sealed container of rice for at least 48 hours. Rice absorbs moisture and it's the best hope of getting it working again. When I did this my phone appeared dead afterwards until I found a spare battery. I'd fudged the battery but the phone itself was fine.

-Install Cerberus on your phone. It's a security app with loads of cool features. i.e. if someone guesses your password wrong x number of times it will take a picture with the front facing camera (assuming your phone has one) you can also set your phone to report it's location, even if the sim has been changed or even make an alarm noise.

Sexy sexy app.

Back