• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Footballs Suicide Secret

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Did anyone watch this on BBC3?

If not, I definitely recommend it. You can probably catch it on iPlayer!

What is this about ? Are some people planning suicide if Bale leaves Spurs or something ?

Not quite, but you just reminded me of this story of a Liverpool fan who had been suffering wth depression for two years, a life long Liverpool fan and when Liverpool became the only good thing going for him, he couldn't handle everything on his life on top of LIverpool being 3-0 down in the 2005 Champions League final at half time, so he hung himself:eek:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/red-suicide-half-time-3529814

JUst think if he lived 45 mins more for all we know that could have inspired him to know that even when something gets you down, there's always a good chance of coming back up stronger!

Not quite, but you just reminded me of this story of a Liverpool fan who had been suffering wth depression for two years, a life long Liverpool fan and when Liverpool became the only good thing going for him, he couldn't handle everything on his life on top of LIverpool being 3-0 down in the 2005 Champions League final at half time, so he hung himself:eek:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/red-suicide-half-time-3529814

JUst think if he lived 45 mins more for all we know that could have inspired him to know that even when something gets you down, there's always a good chance of coming back up stronger!

Too bad he couldn't handle the disappointment of 1 match. And he supported Liverpool who dominated English football in the 1980s. Just imagine if he had followed Spurs where disappointments are the order of day ! Surely, no other clubs have suffered as many disappointments as Spurs in the last 20 years or so. Nowadays you have to be brave to support Spurs.:lol:

Too bad he couldn't handle the disappointment of 1 match. And he supported Liverpool who dominated English football in the 1980s. Just imagine if he had followed Spurs where disappointments are the order of day ! Surely, no other clubs have suffered as many disappointments as Spurs in the last 20 years or so. Nowadays you have to be brave to support Spurs.:lol:

Brave or stupid.:lol:

I went through years of stick at school for supporting Spurs, finishing mid table every season never seeming to get anywhere. The season we qualfied for Champions League was my last year at school and I was on study leave for my GCSE's when we sealed qualifcation so didn't even get to brag properly about it, just my luck!

Anyhow, not to drag the topic away from a serious point about ex players!

Sad to read but also the story is a bit misleading. As is often the case, there were other factors for this poor guy - depression at having to cope with his work situation and also pain from injury. He may well have had an unhealthy view on his football team, and maybe that moment was the straw that broke the camels back, but the fella was in a bad way.

Back